Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Not as hot as it does get up there in the vicinity of Alamance County but that's too hot for your brews!

Today did turn out to be the scorcher they fluctuated over down here. In case the sparkling water plant I get mine from gets burned down I got three cases today, lots of lime. Then some other stuff I've been doing without I mentioned a couple weeks ago I was gonna get before it is gone came in too. So the bonfire was especially hot a little while ago.

Did y'all realize that since Jan of 2021 that 95 food processing plants have just gotten destroyed? Chickens and turkeys all over, big 3 or 4 day fire in Winston Salem at that fertilizer plant last year. Lots more

Have any fake-beef plants or tofu extracting plants met their demise?

Did not see it on that publicized list last week.

duck-it and see

Screenshot-20220614-153748.png

• Sad 2

54 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Not as hot as it does get up there in the vicinity of Alamance County but that's too hot for your brews!

Today did turn out to be the scorcher they fluctuated over down here. In case the sparkling water plant I get mine from gets burned down I got three cases today, lots of lime. Then some other stuff I've been doing without I mentioned a couple weeks ago I was gonna get before it is gone came in too. So the bonfire was especially hot a little while ago.

Did y'all realize that since Jan of 2021 that 95 food processing plants have just gotten destroyed? Chickens and turkeys all over, big 3 or 4 day fire in Winston Salem at that fertilizer plant last year. Lots more

duck-it and see

I’ve only been through Alamance county a handful of times.

I did make a point to stop at the Daily Donuts and pick up a box for the nurses at work.

A friend of mine in WI shared a news article yesterday about another food processing plant on fire.

As the kids would say, seems kinda sus.

• Like 1

You need to find Zach's Hot Dogs and eat there! It's moved from downtown Burlington where it was fifty years ago, but their chili is still the same I remember as a kid. Nice folks there last year when I ate there last, and their fries, slaw, onion rings are all great! Nope, not affiliated. Just eaten there since I was two feet tall! Not 40 cents anymore but it isn't $$ either. My lifelong collection of stuff is to the west of there think you're w, sw still.

https://www.zackshotdogs.com/history.html

• Like 3

I have been up for 16 hours . Early in the morning I cut back trees with a chainsaw, then cleaned the balustrades with a high-pressure cleaner. When they were done, I trimmed shrubs back into shape with an electric hedge trimmer. In the meantime, workmen started to cover the balcony in front of my music room with a new wooden floor. The site manager promised me the completion by tomorrow. In the late afternoon he realized that he had ordered far too few wooden panels. It is missing about 50% of the area. On my question how he could miscalculate so, after all, he was here a few weeks ago and has measured everything, he could not answer me. Now I have to wait at least 14 days until the new wood panels can be delivered. After that I had assembled two new recliners and planted a pine tree. Than a little Nationsleague watched to relax. Germany beat Italy 5 : 2
I think it is enough for today  .........................

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

You need to find Zach's Hot Dogs and eat there! It's moved from downtown Burlington where it was fifty years ago, but their chili is still the same I remember as a kid. Nice folks there last year when I ate there last, and their fries, slaw, onion rings are all great! Nope, not affiliated. Just eaten there since I was two feet tall! Not 40 cents anymore but it isn't $$ either. My lifelong collection of stuff is to the west of there think you're w, sw still.

https://www.zackshotdogs.com/history.html

That place sounds great.

I’m about 3 hours west of Burlington over in Spruce Pine.

We opened an office in Burlington last year but my coworker now handles IT support for that side of the state so I don’t know when I’d get a chance to get back out that way.

I do have to go down to Statesville on Thursday to set up equipment for six new staff that are staring on the 20th.

I hope they’ve got the AC running in the office.

• Like 1

House didn't look too bad from the bedroom window this morning so  I thought the high winds and rain didn't nail me like it did many others.

UPS dude drops off the hoarder's second Hendrix album so I hit the garage door opener.  Yea, ok!  Seems as though it was a North wind.  3 hours later I had two cans full with 6-inch pieces and jammed.  Still two more cans at least in the yard.  It'll wait.  Not happening tomorrow but maybe Thursday.  :)  Compost run and I'll finish it up.  Maybe.  hahaha

• Like 1

......Ray Cooper......yea saw him in a two man basically acoustic show with Uncle Eltie at Hill Auditorium in AnnArbor back in...wait for it..... 1979. Was a good show. I remember Elton screaming he was a F%$#ing Rocket Man and Ray at some point during the show jumping around on the percussion instruments he was playing. Crazy sheet.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, JohnJ said:

duck-it and see

- Nothing to see here, just move along - . We have other things to destroy - 

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, JohnJ said:

duck-it and see

https://rumors.newslit.org/no-there-isnt-a-conspiracy-to-create-a-food-shortage-in-the-u-s/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=gsan-summer&utm_campaign=gsan-jun14-2022&emci=dc0e7aaf-3aeb-ec11-b47a-281878b83d8a&emdi=9b182e50-faeb-ec11-b47a-281878b83d8a&ceid=11505396

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

@CWelsh 

Think you mistook what I put up as current events.

That's some of what I talk about with neighbors having coffee, or with buds having drinks.

Your article does put that info in a different perspective.

Perhaps I misunderstood and apologize if so. I hear similar things from a couple of my friends, but they do believe them as facts.

• Like 2