Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, billybob said:

drinking two or three cups a little sweetend coffee, manly selfmade latte machiatto ,  every day.  Well In a couple of weeks I`ll celebrate my 100th birthday , feeling like a 60 age teenager , now I know why 😂🤣😅

• Haha 5

A crew arrived this morning removed the wooden fence around the back yard and finished up installing half the aluminum fence.  Brick mason coming Friday to do a few columns.  Hard workers in this heat.  Tired me out just watching so I'm going to have a slushie or two.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Welllllll, would ya look at that!  Where you been heel?  Still playin w/that fence and mason's too?  Stress factor must be off the charts with all that goin on so I guess slushie's are warranted.  Good to see ya my friend!  Give that Spankster a rub behind the ears for me and tell the LF howdy!  Cut this stranger garbage out!  :) 

• Like 2

Yikes! Hope you can get comfortable, with busted ribs or a hurt back or K-stones that's always the problem for me.

I miss my Ecobee 4 thermostat, it was definitely a perk that helped sell the house. I've had to go to 82 by lunchtime then back to 80 after dark. Forgot to turn my fan on medium last night, woke up sweaty and put it on 79 until I got up.

It's too easy to fathom that if it runs more than 20 minutes an hour the bill goes up! Not energy efficient here at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hard to believe but I just finished my am coffee.

It's 5:15 pm here and I found my mug in the open cabinet over the washing machine. Added a scoop of Ovaltine and some milk put it in the wave, I'm good for a while.

Spaghetti night I think, nothing else is as easy to cook and not too much to clean either.

• Like 3

I make an abbreviated "spaghetti"....

A recipe from my mom. She called it Glop. 

1lb  hamburger [browned], onion, the usual herbs/spices -oregano/basil/parsley, a can of diced tomato, a can of tomato sauce....A can of water and 1/2lb of elbow mac... dry. Cook the mac in the sauce. Grate cheese in after the pasta is cooked. One pan meal.

• Like 5

My power went out again right after that last post so it came down to me doctoring a can of denty more beef stew they don't put onion in it. That's the second ingredient next to beef anytime. I cook it except for a steak. So anyhow, I put onion, some celery, salt and some pepper in the bottom of the bowl. Put that in there. I could have used the gas stove but I got hobo in me and I'll eat it. Cold not too good but it was filling and now I've just had a double shot of wellers 107 yummy! Getting warm in here. I'll go sit on the front porch for a while. It's down to 92 with 50% Summer time in the south baby. That's the way it goes

• Haha 2

Good morning America , very hot in Germany , up to 95 F are announced . The pool is ready to go if I can't stand it anymore. In the house it is a pleasant 70 F. Am since 5.30 o'clock on the legs, have already drunk 3 Latte Machiatto and am a bit agitated, too little sleep. We went to my daughter's high school graduation party yesterday . A great organized event , wonderful buffet, good drink selection and very very many people. I actually just realized yesterday that my daughter is an adult woman . My wife and I could not hold back the tears at the official handover of the graduation certificates. She makes us happy! Tomorrow she goes on vacation with a few friends to Lake Constance in southern Germany.

bodensee.thumb.jpg.bc9069ebb4af2486d0dbcd3287c034ac.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

@JohnJ

here's a  one pan meal that takes all of about 10 mins.

Microwave "bake" a potato.

Brown about 1/4lb hamburger with onion. S & P to taste

add a couple teaspoons of olive oil and a couple teaspoons of flour. Add water to make gravy.. Split the potato and pour the burger/gravy over it. EZPZ

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, grasshopper said:

My sis lives near you, John. Gibsonville...Helluva storm yesterday. Her electricity was out for a few hours. Tree fell across the power lines.

She has a couple of nice, vintage pieces.... Sansui, Teac

Think I must have thrown you off with my LOVE for ZachsHotDogs. I'm about 250 mi south of there where all my stuff is. Just above Lake Hartwell and the GA border.

That actually sounds like it might be great Willie, think I've made it very clear I'm a Beef & Potatos guy!

• Like 2

Actually got cold here last night but man did I crash.  We needed a break from the heat so got it this weekend.  70's today and it's just beautiful out.  Might even clean a bit if I can get off this machine.  Maybe...  Back up next week though, which is gonna suck!  No recipes to share but am throwin some brats on the grill later!  :)

• Like 3