Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

the thought of stacking them crossed my mind...

Check your tracking with FedX. When they say "delivered"....They don't read so well and have a habit of dropping at neighbors, if that close. I used to think it was a local problem... but, a friend in Yuma ran into things being dropped at the wrong address, too. Her addy is 112... they dropped at 14. 

• Like 2

Been a while since that has happened to me. It got here when I was online earlier... had to sign.

Problem is no doorbell on this old, old home.  No truck in the drive, but the guy knows me & ain't afraid to rap his knuckles on the doorframe.

My little Klipsch sound right with some added dbs!

• Like 2

I know you mean RP-600s and yes I do especially since yesterday!

Combo of the new ruskies, changing my monos output from 21 db to 27 db or 100w to 200w (4 ohms). brought the Klipsch sound I'm accustomed to around. Then today with the much better dac I dialed the volume back from noon to 11. Also adjusted the win volume down 10 to 30 when not listening to music! Bumped the sub up to 46hz just to see.. and I like it better than at 44. So it sounds like a decent stereo now!!

• Like 2

had something the other day... it escaped me before I could get it down "on paper"...

here it is

because, as you've noticed, I have time...

was watching high school baseball on tv.

the 'ground balls" have a good chance of getting by the fielders. The fields have a lot of irregularities giving rise to bad bounces...

Have to go to "the meeting place" in Green Valley, to pick the wife up. It happens to be a McD's.... because it is one place my SIL can find. She got lost trying to find the frig wally... I'll be headed out in a couple hours... I hope I don't have to wait too long. That is one of Murphy's rules of "order"....the person that has to travel the farthest, is usally the person that gets there 1st....

• Like 2

Well I decided to cut the grass today... but felt like crap until my coffee, mueslix and vitamins kicked in. Now it's quarter until 2pm, been out there a couple hours picking up limbs from the storms and cutting the dense part of the yard.

Ya know that 93 + 60% = 105 degrees? It sure does feel like it. Came in and put on shorts grabbed a glass... two now of ice water and the ac set on 80 it's nice and cool in here.

Tomorrow when I finish, I'll go out before the grass dries to beat this swampy heat.. know it will storm again tonight. When the cumulous clouds build up and get less and less cottony white all day that is what it does after dusk down South!

• Like 2

Oh man it did not wait until dark to storm here, with those cool spiderweb lightning strikes that one covers a lot of the sky! I'd bet it was 2" or more in that hour. 6 in an hour is the most I've seen except for a hurricane. Shut down the ac, the pc, even the ceiling fans when it was at two-one-thousand away.

It hit 96 & 58% - 108 heat index while I was back out there... and this was in the sunshine. That's when this old f*rt called it a day. Got to get my coffee then down a big glass of water, take a file to the bottom blade and I'm back at it in a while.

• Like 2

I've been looking at my "lawn"... It could use a trim. Maybe I'll dig out the string trimmer... or not.

Wife is sleeping. She didn't get a real vacation. She had a class to attend [online] that required her to be up and ready at 6AM. The myth of teachers being "off" all summer. Her vacation simply means she doesn't have to look at a room full of little faces for a month...

• Like 2

Hey, a weedeater as much as I hate`em would probably work here. Most of what I cut is weed shoots. Backyard here is all vines, so I don't do it with shorts on. 

Simply too wet out there, I'll have to cut it close again with the heat drying things up then causing the storms off the lake.

• Like 1

Got about 3.5 inches of rain night before last and the yard is greening up again.  "They're" talking about another front coming thru in the next couple days so gonna wait til that one get's thru.

Mr Money across the street was actually dumb enough to have a local plumber come out and give him an estimate to install a yard watering system yesterday.  He doesn't get it.  9 huge oak trees on his lot that need a major trim job is the problem.  His yard sucks.  Grass just doesn't grow under a canopy + he's a moron! 

A plumber who plumbs and knows nothing about putting in a system?  This could be a fun watch.   He won't do it but I hope he does.  Then he can mow more!     :)  

• Haha 2

Me thunks I'd better skip jam nite tonight.  My day in the barrel again it seems.   I can't believe I just spent 15 minutes listening to some young lady, as in hubba, hubba (u know who you are), try to sell me basement waterproofing.

Knock on the front door, slammin down a bottle of water she was, so I thought it was the "other" girl from the landscaper I hired to clean this dump up.  So I walked out to listen to her pitch.  They were gonna go all the way around the house for me.  Perfect I thought.  She even had that metal flip box clipboard!  I mean I was like when do you plan to start Monday?  No, can't start that quick cause we have to set everything up.  I said it's already set up I thought. Yup, I finally realized she wasn't from the landscaper when she started talking about a backhoe.

Stay home tonight... She'll prolly be laffin about this all summer!  My day in the barrel...  😂  OR maybe I should go?  😂😂

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Me thunks I'd better skip jam nite tonight.  My day in the barrel again it seems.   I can't believe I just spent 15 minutes listening to some young lady, as in hubba, hubba (u know who you are), try to sell me basement waterproofing.

Knock on the front door, slammin down a bottle, so I thought it was the "other" girl

Stay home tonight... She'll prolly be laffin about this all summer!  My day in the barrel...  😂  OR maybe I should go?  😂😂

• Haha 2

How's everyone?

I am going to say, it has been hot. 106` here, yesterday. Was in and out of the shower and sprinkler all day.

Saw something a little different today. The Air Force is practicing. ...a 727/737 tanker [I assume] and an entourage of A-10s. We see a C-130 and 5 or 6 large helicopters more often. That is pretty cool. They put the C-130 at hilltop level. Yes... there is a minimum altitude...the ground

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/5/2022 at 3:37 PM, JohnJ said:

Been a while since that has happened to me. It got here when I was online earlier... had to sign.

Problem is no doorbell on this old, old home.  No truck in the drive, but the guy knows me & ain't afraid to rap his knuckles on the doorframe.

My little Klipsch sound right with some added dbs!

I live in an apartment and sometimes don’t hear someone knocking on the door, especially if they knock softly and I have music playing.  The simple solution was to buy a wireless doorbell.

It’s in two parts:  the transmitter and the receiver.  The transmitter is a little white plastic box with the doorbell button on it that you attach to your door, or somewhere very close, so that everybody will notice it.  It has a little battery in it that lasts for years.

The receiver is a larger white plastic box that you plug into any convenient AC socket, near the door or near where you spend most of your time.    When the doorbell button is pressed, you hear a two-tone doorbell sound from the receiver/doorbell unit.  It’s that simple.

I got it from Home Depot years ago, and it’s been working just fine ever since.  Some people still knock instead of ringing, but it would be easy to put a little card saying RING near the button.

• Like 3