Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

@Islander I've seen those wireless doorbells but this isn't my place. I'm not spending a dime of mine on his place because he's been particularly heinous towards me the past year. Maybe I could write a mini-series now!

Got another ship yet to dock and I'm outta here TX maybe but it's HOT!

• Haha 2

that's a typical rain here. Long enough to wet things and cool it down...

Been warm. I find myself awake at 3AM and napping around 9AM. Had the door open yesterday/night.... a skunk walked in. A little [very gentle] discouragement turned it around. As far as critters go, skunks are OK. Pretty mellow little things...I spose if I had a nuke in my pocket, I would be too. 

The house passed inspection.... and then wife unpacked.. so it didn't matter.

• Haha 1

Glad to hear the house passed the inspection.  She's prolly ready to go again.  Give her a couple days off to settle in again and you'll be right back to abby-nomal. 

Skunks are skunks.  Guy here took the scent bags out of one once long ago.  Don't know if it was alive when he did it but it killed a bunch of us watching when one of the bags broke.

• Haha 2

Had my schedule turned around a bit lately too. Up at 6:15 was late for me today, but having my coffee ready ten minutes later was right on time. Had no dishes in the sink to wash and I always force myself to do them first if they are there. The trick works for me cause I will get it done quickly to get my coffee/breakfast!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dave1291 said:

Pretty darn quiet in here lately...

Spotty rain today but the temp is just about right to throw some burgers on the grill.  Feeling kind of worthless.  :)     Just took my meds sooooo...  😂

Not the only one, bought groceries, ordered coffee $$.

Aero bed developed a speed bump across it like three inches tall! Last one did this and was leaking profusely in a couple weeks. Can not buy another of that one, haven't been made in several years. * Tired of being uncomfortable... So heck, I spent hours researching & bought a new latex hybrid bed then a frame for it. $$$ Got receipts out from the drawer and the pc. Geeze that's almost $7K since the first of the year on replacement stuff and regular shopping.

I'd trade my good ravioli for a couple "backyard' burgers!

:) Red or yellow onions?

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Feeling kind of worthless.  :)     Just took my meds sooooo...  😂

that's what I say after taking my meds....

I must have put a good patch on the roof. It rained enough to tell me the roof didn't leak.... and then quit raining. It has been warm. You don't really want to be outside after 10AM. To be fair, we have had a little rain. Enough to drop the temp for a few minutes and jack the humidity up. 

• Like 2

still being hot here. Rain all around... but, not right here.  We were landlocked yesterday... and not a drop in town. 

Talk of sub 100's in Tucson, at the end of the week. Some tropical moisture is headed this way. Most likely get like 95` and 80% R/H and no rain... too cloudy to make t-storms. We need the sun/heat to provide lift

• Like 2