Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Not too shabby of a weekend here.  80's but today they're calling for 80% chance of rain.  Nothing yet to report.  Then it's going up into the 90's for the rest of the week.  I might survive it.

Still waiting on my lil landscaper who was coming the last week of June.  lol  I'm thinking maybe by fall if I'm lucky.  She waits too long I'm gonna implement plan B and hire some kids I know and go pick my own bushes up, which is what I should be doing now..  :)  It'll sort.

Sumo wrestling and politics?    Have to get back to you guys on that one.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ahhhhh, the house smells like hot asphalt.  Boys started re-paving the circle and two streets into it this morning.  Lookin pretty good so with a little luck I'll be able to get outta here later if I want to.  Hasn't been paved in 15 years so it's about time I guess.  Too many people cut thru here on their way across town and home.  I can't figure out why they think it's faster since there is a traffic light for a straight shot thru the area about a block south of here.  People...  

City contracted w/some big company to come in and take the old stuff out and used a local paving company to do the city streets.  Had I known they were doing the new blacktop I would have had the other guys take out the drive and write the check.  I know the owner and all the guys on the local company so I know I would have gotten a deal on the new drive.  Missed another golden opportunity.  I'm slippin!  lol

• Haha 2

Think I've had about a thousand of those since I put my # on the national ad for the house last year.

I let google answer it now if the # is unknown if they don't talk to me I block `em. Think the fist few that I answered sold my # to more lists!

• Like 2

If I don't know the number I don't answer it.  I'll give ppl my number and tell them to leave a msg and I'll call right back.  If they leave a msg then i call.  No msg?  Sorry about their luck.  :)  

Off to the eye dude shortly.  He's gonna kick me outta the nest, which is fine with me.  :)  Great way to spend another day!  Ung.  Supposed to get hot as balls with rain and storms coming thru tonight.  Might just survive it.  :)

Those medicare calls and junk mail are insane.  Nuff said on that one.  Have fun with that.  lol

Play nice today!  😂

• Like 2

Well...we got a bit of rain. Guessing around 1/2 inch. Kinda snuck up on us in the middle of the night. 2AM. 

I've been having too much fun this AM. Installed a new toilet. Everything went pretty well...Aside from some dummy installing the flange 90` off and to hook up the supply line. The old one was a touch too short. If the shutoff was 180` different, It would have worked.

it is at these times I am glad we have a small hardware store in our 5 sheds. Finding things ...well. I got lucky and was able to locate a 3/8in flex hose.

• Like 2

It was warm today. 

SO... I though pizza would be good.

Sure it is

House is prolly 90`+ and for fun, turn the oven on... to 400`

idiot!!! The pies came out pretty good. Need to get some "strong flour"/bread flour. All purpose works. The dough is pretty soft and doesn't get the right "pull"

I took a nap at 9PM. Woke at 11:30. Now, I'm watching the weather. And drinking coffee.  We have some nocturnal storms.

• Like 2

...  still waiting for it to rain. We've been getting a smell, that is all.Wind teasing us with the smell of rain...The whole show minus precipitation. Complete with intermittent electric outages. 

"They" say there is some tropical moisture coming to this [general] area. I'm trying to remain optimistic.... I have seen too many of these fizzle.

• Like 2

I've slept so good the last three nights that it's been 7 hours or more each one. Night before last... don't know where the strike was. That explosive thunder... rattled my bones awake. Phone showed 2 am.

Picking up limbs again around here.

• Like 2