Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Lazy afternoon here.

It's raining like from a showerhead with really good water pressure behind it. Has been nice, sunny and warm since early.

So this real good Canadian Bacon that I get from the store is what I had for late lunch/early dinner. Along with the last of some experimental sour cream potato salad. So a few drops of Dijon in there along with the celery and three big stalks of chives. With dill pickles and bacon crumbled up made this the best I've made in years.

Remember that canned Arizona Iced Tea from about twenty years ago? Made with my Luzianne and a little OS 100% juice cran-cherry that is really a fruit punch... it blows that AIT stuff away. 

That food is what made me lazy... too much in the middle of the day has always done that to a degree for me!

• Like 2

Was a nice day here, too. Rained good. Over an inch.

75 - 80` with enough humidity to make a cold drink sweat.  Haven't listened to much music. With the power going off and on....Listening to the toads is music. I still find it amazing that amphibians can make it here.

• Like 2

Glad I mowed yesterday.  They were calling for afternoon rains so I knocked it out in the morning and finally got a decent shower a few minutes ago with more cells coming thru later.  Typically a day late and dollar short from the "weather" teams.  lol  Nice and cool now so gonna warm up the tubes and dive into this stack of unopened vinyl.  Oh wait, haircut in an hour.  Doesn't take long to cut a block though.  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The weather app on my phone Hyperlocal Weather has been telling me "Heavy Rain" from sometime when I'm asleep until lunchtime. Think apple think they will be right more often than not by doing that! It's connected with DarkSky.

• Like 2

Rolled out and fired up the coffee while looking around mumbling.  Should be outside trimming the bushes and cleaning it up since the front seems to be through and the humidity is low.  I just can't get up off my rear today.  Five, yes 5 stacks of albums to put away so maybe I'll spin the one stack of new stuff while I'm putting away the other 4 stacks that have been laying here.  Ugh.  Could fire up the sweeper or hit the kitchen floor a lick OR hit Kroger for vittles.  Can't continue to live on chips & dip, sliced turkey and whatever else I find to throw together.  Decisions, decisions...  Just another day in Duckburg!  😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hey Dave, don't fret.... the chores will wait on you to get to them. I guarantee that!

You take a one a day for when you don't get three square meals a day?

Or hit a buffet (I miss them) for what? $20 and get all the food groups at one sitting?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Hey Dave, don't fret...

Me???  😂  😂  😂

Buffets are slim and none around here.  Duckburg remember?  😂  Think I'm gonna spin and sort BUT new glasses should be here next week so I can zoom in on those album jackets then.  Thinking about hitting the sweeper and jammin.  hahahaha  Think maybe I'll spin cause sweeping sounds physical...  😂

• Like 2

Check that link out!  Lil burg out in the middle of no where w/about 1k people.  Prices haven't changed much in years and the food is fantastic.  They have their own recipe for the bologna and most other things.  It only takes ONE time there and you'll stop every time.  Killer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That bologna is as thick as a skinny burger! And they make it? Could be real good.

I make mine like a grilled cheese. Fry the bologna put it in with the cheese, mustard and mayo then grill that.

With sour cream and onion chips and a beer... MMM MMMM MMM!

Darn got to stop, I've blown my food budget already this month. So it's chowder today, this is making me hungry!

• Haha 2

I haven't had fried bologna since I was a kid... and it wasn't anywhere near as elaborate.

I had to laugh. The weather has been damp, to say the least. We need to use coasters [or an i-phone] under cold drinks. One of my friends said it reminded her of England. I would suppose that was a nice day there.

• Haha 1

The iphone for a coaster? Man I know that's what one of my uncles uses and always has. It does not play nicely with the Nexus/Pixels that I've had for years since my N-82 gave up the ghost. Every call is an effort for him to get where it will work right, I've been there at his place & my phones have worked well there and around his town, Columbia.

• Like 1

Killer, lived in a condo right next to the Daytona AFB and the F-15s, F18s and other fighters could rattle the place sometimes.

A group stopped in once when they left they went vertical that am directly above our place. They punched it and the booms were directed straight down! Dog freaked and so did I, never heard anything like that before or since then!

• Like 3

for some reason, they do air-to-air combat training over "town". All I can figure, it gives them a marker so they don't infringe on Mexican air space....  But, yeah, when they give the planes the juice, it can get very loud. I prefer the A-10s to the supersonic models. You can actually see them.

I have been driving and seen an A-10's face in my rear view mirror. Yes... there is a minimum altitude.... the ground

• Like 2
  • Haha 1