Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Upgradeitis???  I'm stumped.  Two days of over thinking about this receiver and where it's gonna go in my line up.  I'm back to square one and going to go with my original idea of the shelves under the butcher block and building my shelves.  It may work under there but we're talking one inch or less clearance.  I'm totally outta room.  I want a nice SS system and the Mac/Heresy sound of the early 80's but...  Coffee is brewing so maybe that will help.

Hit Jam Night Friday and Scotty the bass man picked up a new bass, which sounded fantastic.  He's a great guy and can run with the best.  Toured with Foghat and several other groups back in the day.  He's good and I mean good.  Zero tone controls with only a kill switch on it.  Funny watching him go but what a great sound.  We were laffin our rears off discussing my 75th Bday bash in a couple years.  It's in the early planning stages right now.  Hope I'm around to pull it off.  😂.

Wait, did I just fire up another pot of coffee?  lolol  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Upgradeitis???  I'm stumped.

Wait, did I just fire up another pot of coffee?  lolol  

:lol: Bullya! 

You've got a chronic, acute case of it man, not a relapse! 

Second pot? Not me, must have passed a stone a couple days ago `cause I know I don't have the clap!

Just the 24 oz today (almost two cups) then cranberry juice and water since to negate it.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Talk to us @grasshopper 

did you see the price on them?...$375

And they will easily fit in the little car, w/o breathing hard... especially after squeezing those LS in it. Convincing the wife I need them... that may be a bigger trick than getting the LS in the car. That and finding a place in the house to set them. This house is only ~900sq/ft and housing the LS  The RP600Ms are in a room [building] of 140sq/ft. 

TBH

I'm quite happy with the gear I have. The price is what I found so attractive on the Fortes

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

did you see the price on them?...$375

Convincing the wife I need them... that may be a bigger trick than getting the LS in the car. 

That and finding a place in the house to set them. This house is only ~900sq/ft and housing the LS  The RP600Ms are in a room [building] of 140sq/ft. 

TBH

I'm quite happy with the gear I have. The price is what I found so attractive on the Fortes

Yes, but no pics. & I thought you were going to upgrade your "Fort". I think if you go there willingly it ceases to be the doghouse!

If you had gone that way you could get the spl of the LS in the house maybe.

I get it! & the better half can be challenging at times!

My pc now is almost as good a sound as a regular stereo now... so I'm in remission now!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

the "doghouse" was called that before I set up shop in it. There was an old lady living in there when we bought the place. She went by the name Coyote....

I go out there to listen to music when the wife is home. She sez I can listen to music in the house. My response is always "No, I can't".

I typically listen "at volume"...

unsecured items fall off shelves

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Women Are From Venus,

Men Are From Mars"

PXL-20220731-175547896.jpg

PXL-20220731-175557371.jpg

PXL-20220731-175612362.jpg

PXL-20220731-182352092.jpg

& Believe me. Those settings are clean, clear & LOUD right now.

Edited by JohnJ
* "Some People Grow Up, Some People Just Grow"
  • Like 2

whew.... sunny and stciky humid. Not a cloud in the sky this AM.

a typical monsoon day. 65` at sunrise... 95` now. It is gonna rain. Clouds are bubbling up.

I've been being domestic. Dishes and laundry. We are having fun now. Well, in a few minutes. Coming up on cocktail time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Talked to the youngest last night and she was playing golf in Scottsdale when the monsoon hit.  hahaha  She's hanging around too many good golfers out there but playing free so it's all good.  I kinda wanna throw the gauntlet down next time I'm out there but I'm afraid she might whoop me.  Prolly smarter to just keep my mouth shut on the long ball and smoke her chippin and puttin.  Got any XL sarongs laying around @ your place?  Would be a great distraction...  😂

Think it's about time to domesticate myself shortly since I'm outta silverware and don't have any plastic spoons and forks laying around.  It's day two of washing one spoon and fork at a time.  Better step my game up.  WAIT!  Maybe not!  I've got a couple pounds of sliced turkey in the fridge and a new loaf of bread!   I'm golden for a day or two yet!  :)

• Haha 2