Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

20 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Got any XL sarongs laying around @ your place? 

is a 72" waist considered XL? The sarongs I make are ~48" long and 72" around.... 

Wife starts school today. No kids until next week. I'm on weather watch. Big rain means she can't get home and or get stuck between here and there.

• Haha 2

Geeze talk about free----in'

72" could cover me head to toe @grasshopper unless I was to ever wear platform shoes from the disco era!

Again... can't stay not enough time for me recently except ya know Kstones?

They're kind of like a carrier group with the destroyer, guided missile cruiser, communications ship and all that along with the big star of it the carrier.

At least my H20 and juice intake regimen enables them to get through...

ER people can ignore you for hours when you are turning different colors, writhing on the floor! That isn't an exaggeration.. it happened once in New Smyrna and other times not that bad. Knock on wood I won't have to go that route again.

• Like 2

Hi John...

the sarongs are 6 feet in circumference.Lap the excess and roll it down, like a bath towel. They are long. 48 inch "inseam". I take a 36" inseam when I wear pants. Pants inseam is measured from crotch down...So, 48 inches from waist down isn't as long as it sounds.

-------------------------

Made pizza tonight. Used bread flour instead of all-purpose. Way better texture to them. Not so "cakey"...more pull to the crust.

• Like 2

First I've been in today and for some reason my account was open...  That's weird.  I'm not goin thru a Dave1292.

12 hours ago, grasshopper said:

is a 72" waist considered XL? The sarongs I make are ~48" long and 72" around.... 

Sounds more like a big burrito when ur done rolling it around you.  How you even THINK about pizza when it's 150 outside?  It's hot as balls here.  Rain coming thru but mostly in Southern Ohio.  Sucks to be me!  

Stones?  Never had 'em and don't want 'em!l  :)

You in platforms John?  hahaha  That's a visual and a half!   😂

• Haha 2

Had capezios once for bar hoppin' but never those huge clown shoes like the kids on those 70s dance shows!

Was about $100.00 a night for drinking back then the way I was. Beer was $2, mixed were $4 - 8 depending on which shelf it came from.

I wish I had half as much leftover from getting paid now! That was 400 a week sometimes, plus the four wheel drive Durango, and a full bag or two a month. The right roommates made the bills work out.

Got half the yards done and got stormed out today. I'll try again tomorrow, hot here too. It will be until Sept.

• Like 2

I had waaay too much fun lining up tickets for people before the Walsh Vet Aid presale.  Spent about 3 hours on the phone laffin last nite and this morning.  Now I'm beat.  They all got their tickets and I'm on the list to park somewhere.  hahaha  Nice line up for the evening, Joe & the Gang, Dave Grohl, Akron's Black Keys, NIN and the Breeders.  Perhaps a couple surprises too I was told.  If Joe wants a party Joe's gonna get one.  He always has!  Hopefully Covid doesn't mess things up!  

• Like 2

Sittin here w/the TV on but muted and I catch a news story that's hilarious...  Some roofing contractor sent the crew to to strip the roof and get ready to replace it.  The crew showed up, stripped the entire roof and the homeowner came home from work to find his roof layin in a dumpster.  Seems as though the crew was supposed to be working on the house next door.  hahaha

Same thing happened about 4 houses away from me a couple years ago with a neighbors chimney.  The really funny part of it is I knew the 3 masons on the roof knockin it down.  The boss told them he'd covered the chimney so they showed up in the hood w/the dumpster and tore it down to the roof and the owner came home. 

Funniest part of it was I saw them up there so stopped to give em static about all that butt crack showing.  We were all laffin.  Guess the owner told them to take the covered chimney down.  Thing was they hit the first chimney they saw covered when they drove into the hood. 😂

Yea, they recapped mine last summer...  :)

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Getting my sauna/cardio exercise in a coolish 88 degrees with high 60s%. It has me pouring it on since I came in for fifteen minutes of ac. Ordered some Japanese engineered Cornell/Audioslave discs for less than $15 each. They only take a while to get here. My replacement collection is getting there.

Physical media is much better than youtube could be with what I experimented with already. Hardly any of what I listen to is broadcast with 1440 that is pretty good.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

They only take a while to get here.

I used to order parts for my R/C helicopters from China....10 days from ordering to the door. I think the guy had some connection at their post office. Other places would take a month or more... this was before Amazon.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, JohnJ said:

a coolish 88 degrees with high 60s%.

about what it is here with less humidity

I pushed the mower around the lawn. It's soft and kinda sparse right now ... wasn't bad, except the mosquitoes have begun. Not like Minnesota or Alaskan bad.... they know they have a short window before things dry up.... and then, maybe I'm just whining .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looking like rain here atm...  Got a laff outta the neighbor's kid.  He's about 15, 6'2 with a wide body. He's ballin and should be a great TE or DE on the High School team here.  I thought he was about 17 or 18.  They've got 3 dogs.  One big, one little and a Labradoodle pup of his parents right now.  All chained up when they go outside and his mom always has the crap detail.  

Last nite he came over and borrowed my lil hand spreader so he could put some lime out in the grass.  Don't ask, I know nothing.  Yup, he's young and dumb.  Spent 5 minutes trying to  put it down into the wind.  I was dyin laffin.  Just shorts and tennis shoes.  He brought it back and looked like the Stay-Puft man in Ghostbusters.  I was dyin lookin at him.  I should have taken a pic cause he was just covered.  Two eye  holes...  hahahaha  Kids!

• Haha 2

Life is full of surprises, I think one of my last posting was about my daughter leaving for Lake Constance . She came back and brought Covid to our house. Despite being vaccinated 3 times, all 4 of us were pretty sick. For a little over 1 week things are better again. Still, I am far from my usual load capacity and will certainly need a few more days to get fit again.  See ya soonest possible mates

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2