Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

it's all good.

I was busy yesterday. Over at the neighbor's, cutting weeds. Paying for it today. Getting up and down is a bit slow. 

wife made it home fine. She did go through some water. She was doubting her early out today... until she got a call from a gal that was trying to get to the school shortly after wife got home.. turned into an adventure... a wash party. It pays to keep a few non-perishable munchies in the car. Some extra clothing, too

• Like 2

It rained last night , not much , a fresh land rain over 6 hours. Is not particularly much but has cooled the air. During the day it is only max 77F . It's still late summer but it's getting autumn ....the first trees are losing their leaves, the green is fading and changing colors to natural fall colors. Our annual Sea Side Taint Festival had started yesterday. Many german pop / rock bands are playing there, lot´s of international food bar, many many taints and approx. 1,5 Mio Visitors w/in 2 weeks . Hasn´t happened the last 3 years because of CoVid, so this time our folks are hungry for this event

zfival.thumb.jpg.bcea3d4b8b48aefcc6a45d6aabae0cb9.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

@grasshopper ya had me wondering!  Glad she's home.  Just take a couple tylenol for those aches and pains.  hahahaha  The neighbor appreiciated it though.  Score any good stuff next door?  We know ur watching that place like a hawk!  😂

The stand mixer.... a stove and cupboard... our kitchen isn't finished. We do have a stove. I hate the damn thing. The burners pulse heat. It is made that way... Like a thermostat.... I like a constant heat. One burner doesn't pulse.... it goes WOT. The part costs more than we paid for the stove or the "new" one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Just take a couple tylenol for those aches and pains.  hahahaha 

....you can call it that if you like. 

and then I cut weeds down here.... today

I half joke abot it taking 3 hours to get that 50 feet from the doghouse. I can find a lot to do along the way LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Everything is reminding me of FL lately. Speedos and spandex just ain't right sometimes! (shakes head smiley)

Got just about shaken out of the bed at 4am today with a short strong t-storm. Made the 20 oz minimum at almost 5 then laid down for an hour at 8. made 20 more a big salad with blue cheese and the pork tenderloin is almost ready. Not bad for a gray day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Howzit?

I buggered my back a little more. Moved the stove by myself. Dragged it acrass the yard on a 4 wheel cart.... I think it's a luggage cart from a hotel. The stove fit nicely on it. I was hoping to get it here before the rain. That didn't happen. I got soaked. I put a tarp over the stove. The cart is ours now, too. It has a bar for hanging items.

Took the tarp back and was offered a marble top wine cart. It has wheels, so, I dragged it home. It is fairly new. No idea what I'm gonna do with it. I may save the marble and toss the rest.

I needed some 1in X 4in [or 6] to build a cabinet for under the cupboard. There were some wooden bedrails. That'll do. Snagged 3. They were all together.... I don't know where #4 is.

• Like 3