Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Yea there are more Coronets here than anyplace I've been in my life. Mopar dealers have obviously been Dealin' last few years. After hearing those being dogged day in and day out... being one of those is probable.

But heck the difference in the sound like someone was raging just got me to bolt up and wait... Because if someone was that out of control, with that amount of torque and mph after ten seconds or so it was a few miles down.

I'm a DieHard Mopar fan!

Charger is a coupe. Coronet is the sedan.

Don't care if "they" change the definition, I go for what I know.

• Like 2

I settled in w/the Tribe last night.  Enjoy watchin the LLWS.  Watched some kid throw a pefect slider, and curve ball the other day.  I just hope they don't ruin his arm as he gets older.  Red hat and lots of hair hangin down.  Texas maybe.  42-1 is a BUNCH!   

• Like 1

On 8/24/2022 at 5:46 AM, grasshopper said:

somebody's day started/finished badly. 4AM sirens... ripping thru town. And again at 4:30. We'll hear about it. The school bus driver is in the fire dept.

this turned out to be a "water rescue". A vehicle got stuck in a flooded wash

Making a batch of spaghetti with chicken instead of burger today. Some of that will feed the wife's secretary. 

• Like 2

Love Chicken Cacciotti, fry it take it out of the pan. Sautee onion, grn bell pepper add garlic at the end of that right before they get kinda translucent. Add your tomatoes plus some sauce, put chk back in, cover and simmer for a half hour I think. + three tbsp sherry ten minutes before you take it off the heat. Serve over pasta... for me fettuccini. 

That simple recipe will be better than any you've had at any restaurant you paid $20 a plate for it at!!

Thanks Ma! You were the best to give me that and others over the phone off the top of your head!!  

• Like 1

No water rescues around here this summer.  There are two ways into the park here.  Drive around it or take a couple streets off the main drag and  down the hill and thru the river.  90% of the time the water is low and it's simple but after a rain the river naturally rises.  Young kids and women always seem to try to make it thru.  Some do and some don't.  Others stall out and sit there or crawl out and sit on the roof til someone shows up to pull them out.  Caught this one a couple years ago.  lol

2018-river-car.jpg

Italian place about 15 miles south has that on the menu.  It's great and I usually add fried eggplant to it.  I eat all the eggplant and a bit of spaghetti then take the rest home.  Their menu is killer and the food is fantastic.  

• Like 2

THAT'S what I don't understand. There are concrete slabs thru the river and they can SEE it's high so why chance it?  I actually have another one somewhere of a woman who walked out and left her car sitting.  Tow truck drivers have to wade out and hook to something underwater to just drag them out.  After a couple days rain I usually take a drive out and around the park nosin for fools.  lol  :)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Chicken Cacciotti, fry it take it out of the pan. Sautee onion, grn bell pepper add garlic at the end of that right before they get kinda translucent. Add your tomatoes plus some sauce, put chk back in, cover and simmer for a half hour I think. + three tbsp sherry

Mine is pretty much the same

I brown 4 or 5 chicken thighs. Throw a little cumin and black pepper while that's happening. Add a diced onion and some diced bell pepper. Cook until the onion softens.  Toss in 2 cans petite dice tomatoes, 1 can of tomato sauce...Basil, oregano, and parsley, S & P to taste... simmer until the meat falls off the bones.

I like angel hair pasta.

• Like 2

YUM! `cept I like the homemade fresh pasta I used to get so I only buy the thick stuff now a days. Yours is close, try the sherry in the last ten min of cooking. Makes a wonderful difference than when I'm out of that little bottle of it.

• Like 2

Fried the chicken thighs, that didn't go into the sauce, this AM. Made gravy with the drippings....

so.... for breakfast I had fried chicken, gravy on homemade bread and a handful of locally grown tomatoes... and a half pot of coffee

using chicken in spaghetti sauce really extends the chicken. It makes 8 servings with spaghetti. The same amt of chicken, fried, will feed 2

• Like 2

13 hours ago, grasshopper said:

using chicken in spaghetti sauce really extends the chicken. It makes 8 servings with spaghetti. The same amt of chicken, fried, will feed 2

Sure does, and unlike Chinese food the Italian pasta, salad and bread will keep me from being hungry for a good while. Rice doesn't last as long and there are never any fried dumplings leftover!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Dang @MicroMara !

You can cook!

Plums are so sweet especially the more dark they are. I'd say that would be perfect with the late am coffee I'm drinking now.

Ja that should fit together some white cream over the plum cake also. Thanx for your appreciated compliment about cooking , my grand mother teached me a lot in my childhood, that´s why I allways kept an interest in cooking and baking whole of my life. 

• Like 3

The top of those kinds of fruit desserts is usually some kind of sugar and butter mix that melts down into the fruit. That's the way my mothers Apple Crisp is done. Recently some started using oats instead, yours looks like the original recipe. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

The top of those kinds of fruit desserts is usually some kind of sugar and butter mix that melts down into the fruit. That's the way my mothers Apple Crisp is done. Recently some started using oats instead, yours looks like the original recipe. 

Yes it's the classic crumble plum cake

• Like 3

Well my turnip greens aren't ready yet but I could not wait. It smelled too good in here. Cajun Smoked sausage in the boxed Jambalaya and plain cornbread... that's my second plate!

PXL-20220827-172332832.jpg

Cornbread color is off. It's ready when it can move when you shake the skillet a little had to put it back in. Doesn't affect the flavor, just would not do for the ladies that made this for me my whole life. Funny, we would have wolfed it down anyways!

Greens will be ready by dinnertime and the pecan-toffee cookies only take thirty minutes from warning up the oven to pulling them out.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Well my turnip greens aren't ready yet but I could not wait. It smelled too good in here. Cajun Smoked sausage in the boxed Jambalaya and plain cornbread... that's my second plate!

PXL-20220827-172332832.jpg

Cornbread color is off. It's ready when it can move when you shake the skillet a little had to put it back in. Doesn't affect the flavor, just would not do for the ladies that made this for me my whole life. Funny, we would have wolfed it down anyways!

Greens will be ready by dinnertime and the pecan-toffee cookies only take thirty minutes from warning up the oven to pulling them out.

sound quiet good to me as well , you´re dining with a silver spoon ? Looks like with old inca / mexican engravings ?

• Haha 2