Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Stainless, Taiwan circa mid `90s $100 set for eight at the time. Loaded up on the starch now... will have the rest ready for my brother's birthday dinner tonight.

He's been way more than a jerk to me the past year but heck I never dropped him when they brought him home.:huh2: 

He's blood even when I don't like him...

& I'll have a shot of 12 yr bourbon when he leaves!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Stainless, Taiwan circa mid `90s $100 set for eight at the time. Loaded up on the starch now... will have the rest ready for my brother's birthday dinner tonight.

He's been way more than a jerk to me the past year but heck I never dropped him when they brought him home.:huh2: 

He's blood even when I don't like him...😆

& I'll have a shot of 12 yr bourbon when he leaves!

enjoy you brother´s birthday party tonight and congrats from an unknown german 😆

• Like 3

Is that an inflationary price @Jim Gregory?   Or a fluke.

Geeze I'd like to hear any kind of tube that would make that kind of difference.

My NOS at $35 each + $10 matched or balanced made a completely different wonderful sound come out of my little hybrid amps.

• Like 2

I am quite happy with my Crown XLI800 solid state doo-dah and never felt compelled to have to seek new parts for it to improve it all. I have heard some great sounding tube using setups but quite frankly nothing that beats my simple S-MWM's + Xilica and the Crowns. Watching tube users is fascinating to me and I never would do it. Seems like a rabbit hole you jump into and are then never satisfied. Like a boat I think which is a hole in the water you throw money into.

• Like 6

On 8/29/2022 at 4:03 AM, JohnJ said:

Is that an inflationary price @Jim Gregory?   Or a fluke.

Geeze I'd like to hear any kind of tube that would make that kind of difference.

My NOS at $35 each + $10 matched or balanced made a completely different wonderful sound come out of my little hybrid amps.

If these´re origin WE 300 B`S from it´s first production series ...than they´re a treasure, in 10 years you can sell them for 25 K$ or more

• Like 3

I could/should laugh...but, I know someone will pay it, just to see if it is the magic tube.

I'm prolly the odd one around here. I am quite happy with my simple H/K630 and LaScalas. No sub. Not that I don't miss those lower few octaves.... but what I have serves me fine. I got off cheap and am OK with that. When I started my search for a decent stereo, I gave myself $2000 to get something..For slightly more than my budgeted $2000, I bought a pair of '76 LS, a brand new pair of RP600M's, an H/K630 and a Yamaha CR840.

today's entertainment...cut weeds. They were near 3ft tall. We're getting a break from "the monsoon" for a few days. Pushing 100` again... Our summer has been cooler than "normal", so I shouldn't complain... and we are getting reasonable rain... again, I should not complain.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, MicroMara said:

If these´re origin WE 300 B`S from it´s first production series ...than they´re a treasure, in 10 years you can sell them for 25 K$ or more

10 years?  I'd buy a few but will I be here in 10 years?  My girls would off them for $50 me thinks!  😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Invidiosulus said:

I smoked some salmon last night.

it was a hit with the kids and there wasn’t much leftover for lunch today.

Looks good, asparagus & pasta? or the normal potatos and salad and stuff?

I've never used the wood to cook on the grill with. You've been reading up on all those ingenious ways to get the flavors into the meat. & getting your money's worth out of the big green egg also!

I always had to take a shower after dinner when smoking something like that, washing my head in the sink wouldn't do it! 

• Like 2

Mornin' All

I guess it's OK to fire up the music. The AirForce broke the silence....

... and noise limitations... air-to-air combat training. They are not "just passing thru"... this happens over town.

surprised that I am mobile this AM after cutting weeds yesterday.

I had to laugh... The wife brought a "slab of silver" home from her sister's... to keep SIL's riff-raff friends from stealing it.

She was showing it to me.... Strange for an ingot to have an edge and a tang.... turns out that it is a blade broken from a meat cleaver..... no, it is not silver... or even plated.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Looks good, asparagus & pasta? or the normal potatos and salad and stuff?

I've never used the wood to cook on the grill with. You've been reading up on all those ingenious ways to get the flavors into the meat. & getting your money's worth out of the big green egg also!

I always had to take a shower after dinner when smoking something like that, washing my head in the sink wouldn't do it! 

We had some linguine to go with the salmon.

I thought I had some asparagus in the fridge but it had sat longer than i remembered and had started turning into goo.

I’ve averaged at least once a week on the BGE in the year and a half that I’ve had it.

• Like 2