Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Snagged some corn and some maters yesterday at a local farm market.  Thinking it's time to have a throw down w/o Bobby Flay!   :)  Break out the grill and have at it at some point.  Supposed to be a nice weekend here in the O-H.  Lil footie game coming up Saturday evening.  Should be an interesting game..

• Like 2

Our weather is nice ... before noon. It's drying out... cooler AM and warmer days. They are looking at a disturbance on the west coast of Mexico for [a chance of] weather next weekend. We're not holding our breath. 

Our farmer's market happens on Saturday. We don't get much corn... but tomatoes are in season.... Melons and... well, just about everything is giving now.

One year, I grew honeydews. They did great. Did some cantaloupe that same year. They were really good, too. The next season.... I had crosses of the two... Do you remember those orange marshmallow "Circus peanuts"?. Just like them, only juicy. I never liked those circus peanuts ... so, they were not my favorite.

• Like 2

Alright guys, it's casserole time or whatever baked potato wedges would qualify as. It is more bright, still wet and gray. So I'm thinking:

BAM! 

PXL-20220911-180133675.jpg

If the cajun sausage doesn't flavor enough I'll throw some chili powder on it after! Just sea-salted & pepper for now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I spent yesterday morning at my buddy’s workshop/barn stripping paint off some turned balusters for a new alter rail we are making for the church.

Stinky work and good company.

It absolutely poured down rain all day and he got his truck stuck next to his shop. 
Even with mud terrains and 4x4 in my suburban I knew better than to try and crawl down there and try and pull him out.

Today was nicer and really a beautiful warm day without any rain.

I fired up the BGE this evening and made some burgers.

I cooked the bacon separately on my little Coleman camp stove and the mini Lodge cast iron pan.

109489A3-CC17-4644-B679-71AF76462EA8.thumb.jpeg.342ee2c0617ad95539f1463df7b86d98.jpeg

CD4199BC-F589-473B-A837-85879FE53E69.thumb.jpeg.b037bf0fb9df0bdfbce68f2b44a57130.jpeg

2AF2AF22-D043-46FC-BE80-85715DF54AED.thumb.jpeg.3bf80f64d348bd258ecb2eea18db5790.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for that!  It's 11:30, I'm starvin but don't want to eat before I crash and I see this?  Not right, just not right!  😂  KNOW you enjoyed.  Ugh, just scrolled back and looked again.  Now I'm looking at a leftover pizza box laying here from last night...  Nope, nope, well maybe!  :)

• Haha 4

That burger is what I need now! Not too heavy on the onion and a ripe thick slice of tomato. Yum.

Then Mike and watching that expresso come out of the machine... The sweet garlic and red pepper flakes I put on top of that baked stuff was tasty.

2 for $5.00  Zatarain's sausage was a good deal! 

• Like 2

It was announced two weekends ago that we would be having another parish picnic at the(small) lake in town this weekend. 

It was also relayed to me that after my contribution to the last two parish picnics via my smoked pork butt, that we would no longer be placing an order with the local grocery store for fried chicken.

605A0F95-962F-4958-9C3F-7974AE402CD6.jpeg.7f8eaf1ad9ea537bfa1f95c2fd54a7ae.jpeg

I guess there are worse things that I could be known for.

• Like 3