Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I would say so ...

Happy Monday... it is Monday, isn't it?

I'm beginning to think we have a killing field for rodents...6 rats in 8 days... and they are lucky I bring our cats in at night. Scratch another rat. Frank was out for about 15 min before he got one. I think the rodents at the neighbor's, now empty, house are migrating.... There were dogs on the property... Our cats couldn't provide rodent control in such a hostile atmosphere.

I'm looking at the bottom of my bottle of Woodford Reserve. Not like I hit it hard. I opened this bottle on Christmas. I like it ... but, don't really drink. I'll have a sip or two... and enjoy the flavor. Really!

• Like 3

Yuuuuup, It's Monday!

Is there a bounty on rodent pelts out there?  If there is. then Frank will have to realize he's working on commission.  He'd have to step up his game.  Gonna have to break it to him gently brother.  You know how he gets.  😂   Push him gently to about 12 a week.  :)

I bought a couple bottles of high dollar scotch at Christmas.  Kinda hoping the price goes up but then who would buy them?  I don't drink either anymore.  Sometimes I just look up and see them sitting on top of my right LS teasing me.  I really want to crack one and show 'em who's boss.  It's all about timing I think.  Like right now.  I keep looking at them.   Poor Frank.      :)

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Invidiosulus said:

I guess this falls under the cocktail heading.

1EC03C15-B49E-496B-BAD8-214D93D01D9E.thumb.jpeg.9aaa39033f3b13daf4472f8a2b534bf4.jpeg

Just to be clear, this was the worst tasting liquor I’ve had in my life.

however, it has a history tied to its Swedish founder and it has become the unofficial drink of our yearly Volvo club get together.

We rent a forest service lodge out in the middle of nowhere western NC. 
Eat smoked meats, talk Volvos and other cars, and do a shot of Malort here and there.

This year one of the ladies, that’s her on the right side of this flag, emailed the Jeppson’s Malort folks and convinced them to send us some goodies for our get together.

F0920596-7559-4EF9-99A2-988759792210.thumb.jpeg.35248314190ef0db5c28888890bab7e7.jpeg

that’s me holding the left side of the flag.

I’ve known some of these guys for 20 years and at this point it’s easily as much about the friendship as it is showing off our poor taste in cars.

the location is fantastic,

3CE8BF1C-C194-439B-B71D-C0E9E99FC19A.thumb.jpeg.038aa8dd35d6c98f9e10770451bc5a8a.jpeg

87363B26-04D7-4251-83FF-AA535D24357A.thumb.jpeg.875d52885ee214b50fc0c1adeef4d2a2.jpeg

The BGE putting in work.

910220AB-1BD2-4D7D-A4F9-40B5A0225485.jpeg.5e4a30d9f8f2973be2ed5ffcf9c3235a.jpeg

• Like 6

Think I told y'all that I can't find my salsa down here in grocery stores. Online $15 - 20.00 a jar... they can keep that.Folks that make it in TX wanted more to ship it than to buy it.

DDucked it and tracked it to NJ at a specialty food shop. Got it at a regular price again, they've got some chocolate there.

Stuff's good so I made second coffee to go with my Crimson day today!

Got tropical weather late tonight here.

PXL-20220929-215840862.jpg

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

"tropical weather"?.... is that code for deluge?

Weed and beer? Weed goes fine with chocolate and coffee. I saw yer post in vinyl....

We're getting a few thunderbumpers. Nothing big. Some flooded washes. 

Well, My Hurricanes are in South Florida to play the Panthers in a half an hour.

Their Hurricane's leftovers are going east of me tonight with us getting rain, wind and probably a tornado watch too. Normal stuff in these parts if one of them aims our way from the gulf.

Bought some beer for those brats I made a couple weeks ago, had one with lunch. Just knew coffee and chocolate together are good.

Only done weed once since the Holidays of `89. My other head made me do it, too tempting, I couldn't resist.

* & it's been windy here since lunchtime, all dark clouds rotating out there now.

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 2

Quiet here in Duckburg.  Rain all day Saturday and into Sunday.  High of 72 coming up and that could be it.  We'll get a few more nice days.  Then the garbage hits.  No place to go either.  Florida could be dry again some day I guess.

5 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Bought some beer for those brats I made a couple weeks ago, had one with lunch.

Whoda thunk it???  Lunch?  2 brats and one beer?  2 beers and 1 brat soiunds better.  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Think I told y'all that I can't find my salsa down here in grocery stores. Online $15 - 20.00 a jar... they can keep that.Folks that make it in TX wanted more to ship it than to buy it.

DDucked it and tracked it to NJ at a specialty food shop. Got it at a regular price again, they've got some chocolate there.

Stuff's good so I made second coffee to go with my Crimson day today!

Got tropical weather late tonight here.

PXL-20220929-215840862.jpg

@MeloManiac  .. @JohnJ is eating belgium chocolate  smilie_essen_092.gif   it´s a big small world , isn´t it ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Enjoying my first muck Latte Macciato this morning. 10. 30 am , the sun is shining today after 10 days of heavy rain . In the backround I´m streaming and listening to 1.fm absolute blues hits .    Well it's not a bad start to the day. Don´t have any further plan for today, waiting for an important phonecall from the hospital . I have to go back to the hospital and I´m waiting for an appointment confirmation for admission

• Like 3

This is just insane here.

Brother was tripping that some local utility employees were buying up all the generators, chainsaws and the like yesterday at his store. My phone went off with "local hurricane statements" twice yesterday and again a couple hours ago, saw it when I got up.

Young-ins ain't right.

It's going to be like a drawn out thunderstorm, and the media is hyping it for a reason unknown to me. Now you know if I'm not online for a week or longer after today that I'm wrong...

Might not be as good down at the beaches... still a cat 1 though. Good luck @sunburnwilly. Sandbag those pretty Belles!

Going in North of you it looks like.

• Like 4

...if they don't over-react to everything, it isn't seen as enough.... the same as the warning sticker on my woodstove cautioning me that it may get warm during use....

I have a buddy in/near Orlando ... yeah... lots of water. The wind wasn't terrible. Things seem to be OK in his area.

I asked if he was ready for the storm.... "Yep... we have plenty of beer".

• Like 3