Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

@MicroMaraI'll see that and raise you 5 toes!  Back to the couch for me...  The Vinyl spinners are a bad, bad group to hang with.  Fair warning  😂

I actually just posted the picture from the ER/burn surgeons work and changed my mind.  lol  Gotta love those lil heaters...  Ughh!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It's kinda a toss up. What is "local" or what I can get shipped. Local is to Phoenix...150 miles.

Spring is really the best time to buy. College letting out and snowbirds leaving tends to open up the market a little.

I'm on a budget ... always. Cosmetic seconds are not off the table. I'm a simple person.

First... Make it work. Second... Make it pretty

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Hey MM....how is your hand?

Thank you for asking. Yes it is better now, the swelling is gone, the burn blisters all gone up, the water has drained, the healing process is progressively good.

• Like 6

Burn center @ OSU this afternoon.  They tore into all 5 toes today cleaning and whatever else they wanted to do.  Didn't feel a thing with neuropathy in both feet.

Bottom line, if I'm not any better when they see me again next Friday they want to admit me.  Think right foot pinky toe, the one next to it and the middle toe are all 3rd degree.  Pinky and the one next to it are very deep 3rd degree.  The next two are second degree.

I'm down now w/minimal mobility and listening for once.  They are already talking skin grafts.  Had me feets for 73 years and kinda like 'em.  Hope to keep 'em.  :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

Hopefully their plan comes together.  Oldest daughter saw me with my game face on today.  hahaha  I even offered my designated driver sushi after.  She said  another time after seeing those toes.  lolol  She's seen them twice a day rubbin the bear grease on.  Today w/them scrubbed up they were "really" gross.  Still can't believe they cooked like that from such a lil heater.  Crazy.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

* Relax that arm and visualize the bat as part of it. Focus on the ball and 💥Craaaack!☄️ put it over the fence!

# "What was that? You muss have total concentwation!"

Know they say it's all mind over matter. Good Luck to ya too!

* heard that sometime in elementary school

# Kentucky Fried Movie?

• Like 3

LF heading north (VA) for three days for a wedding.  I made a large pot of chili (no beans) yesterday and she made mac & cheese and an apple fritter for me.  Neither Swanky nor I will starve.

Slight ear pain from over vigorous cleaning so listening may be compromised for a day.

Maybe I'll give Gary over at RTM a call and catch up as we do from time to time.  He loves to talk music and gear.

Good vibes to you Dave!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My internet has gotten so bad the last couple of weeks. I called them and canceled today. Remember dialup with aol around the year 2000? 58kb/second? That's faster than my access today!  Have to turn it off on the PC to use my phone today. Or turn it off on the phone to use the PC. Can barely load a single page. Arrgghhh!  spec   um is the only other choice but for what I'm paying I'd get 300 Mb/sec. Well same price with $10 in fees on top.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

that's about the strength of my signal in the doghouse. It barely runs spotify ... if I get any signal.

the weather is nice. Bugs are down a little. Doors are open. I dare say it was cold yesterday. Wasn't cold in the AM ... it just never really warmed up. I think it made it to 75`... maybe. Was overcast and cool all day. A smattering of rain.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

that's about the strength of my signal in the doghouse. It barely runs spotify ... if I get any signal.

the weather is nice. Bugs are down a little. Doors are open. I dare say it was cold yesterday. Wasn't cold in the AM ... it just never really warmed up. I think it made it to 75`... maybe. Was overcast and cool all day. A smattering of rain.

Have you tried any of those wifi through the wiring extenders? Think it was dtel and a few others talking about them a couple years ago here.

It was at 16 kb/sec when I disconnected the pc and called them yesterday. Up to the normal 50 Mb and better now, but it's such a hassle to get to them ... I'm done. Happens way too often (deserve a rebate) and all my calls over wifi went to voice mail yesterday.

• Like 3

Still stimulating the economy or I should say LF is.  Put an aluminum fence with brick columns around the back yard, mega landscaping, and a sidewalk on the other side of the house.  Just got plans and an estimate for a free standing deck with pergola to house the new hot tub LF ordered.  She swears it will make me feel like a new man?

So what did I buy?  A JB4 tuning module for the Z4.  Makes it scoot a little more.  The company that installed it was not up to snuff on some things.  I had asked if I could monitor and change maps (power increase) from my tablet and they said I could.  After installation they tried the app on my windows 10 tablet without success. After waiting to hear back I called the module supplier who advised that the module is not compatible with Windows!  It still works but I can't monitor what power it's making or use any of the other features.  I had paid $150 for the module to be supplied with bluetooth for that purpose.

Internet okay here but I still don't have a cell phone.  Not a priority for me plus someone may call me if I did have one!

Leaving LF's place and headed to my house to blow pine straw off the roof.

So that's it for now.  You gents have a fun weekend!

• Like 3