Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

No clue what I'm doing.  Back to the Doc Friday morning but it's gonna cost me.  Daughter was going to take me down but tonight she showed up w/the grands.  They told me they didn't have school Friday and didn't want to go to Columbus.  

I added lunch at their favorite burger place after and only got a raised eyebrow.  My daughter said she'd handle it.  lol  I'll be the fall guy no matter what shakes out.  Might have to take them into the OSU practice facility and see who's around.  THAT should twist up the daughter.  hahaha  It'll sort. :)

Sometimes it's kinda nice letting the wife know you enjoy your doghouse.   Then when she's back in school you can take it all inside.  lol

Just had a nice hard rain here and it's gonna get cold.   Saw a solid black catapiller out back crawling around.  Not a good sign I guess.

Halloween's a comin...

• Like 2

No, I do not open a new "Corona barrel"now  but want to write two, three sentences about the current situation I experience in the german hospital, where I´m in right now .

Yesterday morning arrival at the hospital, Corona rapid test followed by PRC test made, rapid test was negative, PCR test result came officially only today at noon, also negative, was a good 28 hours in single isolation (quarantine) now I may move officially in the KHaus, of course only with PPF2 mask. My scheduled appointments have been postponed again due to lack of staff . 50% of the staff is on sick leave , this is divided into about 50:50 who are sick with Corona or have a burn out . Now I am allowed to go home on Saturday, but have to go back to the hospital on Sunday evening. Monday morning then again PCR test and again " single isolation" until the result is determined.

At the beginning of next week I will start planning my upcoming treatment appointments again. Despite my stay it can happen to me that I can not be treated, so I stand as a patient in standby mode, on call.

What a chaos Corona causes here in the german hospitals I experience now in real time. I just wanted to share this briefly because I could not have imagined it myself.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3

3 hours ago, MicroMara said:

I have heard the word "doghouse" so many times here, what does it describe?

I'll try.

It's when you're in trouble with your other half. Usually for stepping over some imaginary "line" that you aren't sure what you did wrong! Thing is you will not get to "wrestle" until sweaty that night, you aren't even allowed in the bed you bought after hours and hours of trying to find that "right" one.

If the sofa in the den is as far away as you can be..... that is where you'll sleep alone that night. If not the basement room *the garage or even outdoors (for the experienced doghouse sitter).

Sometimes having coffee and breakfast ready the next day will bail you out. Especially if you turn up the charm!

After a few years it can be simply overindulging in garlic (a personal sin of my own) that gets you kicked out of the bedroom in a playful manner.

That or either weekend sports marathons on tv is where the mancave was born!

A doghouse is just some of the comforts of home when you aren't allowed to be there!

Edited by JohnJ
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

@MicroMara

John is correct - in the traditional sense

My "dog house" is different.

When we bought this place, there was an old lady, who went by "Coyote" living in a 12 X 12 "shed" on the property.

We named that shed the "dog house".

It is now my "man cave"/office. I go there to listen to music and drink whiskey and smoke.... I have a nice little stereo -- the RP600M's and Yamaha CR-840... a couch, desk, etc...in there

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yep I've lived it, that's how I knew it!

What's worse is when the dog gets to spend that night on your side of that bed!

I did not hear from him either all night that first time until he got three inches away and barked letting me know he had to go outside.

Even a soft bark coming from a 120 pounder can wake you with a start!

• Haha 3

I was out in the doghouse enjoying some music at near anti-social level... windows rattling Loose stuff falling off the shelves... Then the walls and ceiling started.. I don't have a sub... so, I go outside to see an aerial parade. Several large helicopters [5 or more...] and a large/ish fixed wing pulling up the rear...

this should be familiar

• Like 2

Good report @ the burn clinic.  Kinda.  Chief nurse eyeballed me today and started taking pics again.  I asked if they were gong in my chart and she said yes but also added that she sends them to the burn surgeon and his boss to eyeball then they text and fill her in.  She said it's healing and they changed up the meds then back in a week.  She also said it's gonna take time so relax and heal  Hopefully we'll get into a road trip every other week pretty soon.  2.5 hours drive time every week can burn the fuel.  Gotta do what ya gotta do though.  :)

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

So it's worse if he starts "makin love" to your leg?  Asking for a friend.  :)

Well, he got about two inches from my ear before he barked. He was a big dog, could do that when I was in the bed also. I remember the time on that sofa though! Smart fella and knew he had to "do it" out in the yard.

Great dog, not an ankle dog, never did that.

That's good news Dave... Canes are 2-0 now and on a road trip. Enjoy the football today!

• Like 3

Ha ha,

I'm bourbon shopping today, if I've done well there will be a #17 Stagg Jr here next week.

It will have to gather dust on it before opened. It is rumored to have flavor like the much older spirits in the $1.5k Geo T Stagg!

• Like 3

15 hours ago, grasshopper said:

I was out in the doghouse enjoying some music at near anti-social level... windows rattling Loose stuff falling off the shelves... Then the walls and ceiling started.. I don't have a sub... so, I go outside to see an aerial parade. Several large helicopters [5 or more...] and a large/ish fixed wing pulling up the rear...

this should be familiar

quiet nice ..reminds me of the ELP Synthy Solo " Lucky man "

• Like 3