Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Took a trip a little less than 300 miles north. The leaves were almost like a big box of crayons on the side of the highways.

Woke up in Elon this morning to literally hundreds of chickens making noise about a quarter mile away. Was told they have two buildings full.

Also @Invidiosulus heard there was a smaller than a couple years ago quake near Sparta again last night. Would put y'all closer than I was. I slept too hard to notice... felt that bigger4.xx in Charlotte back then.

• Like 4

It's been unusually warm for late October for days, around 70F. I was in the garden all day, can´t remember that I had to mow the lawns again towards the end of October.  With my Stihl blower I blew hundreds of thousands of leaves and thousands of acorns together into a huge pile , these lay on the driveway . With a wheelbarrow , there were 7 full carts, I brought the acorns to the feeding ground for our deer, they eat the acorns very gladly. In addition, I have dug up the large rose bed. That was enough for today .

Yesterday evening I was playing table tennis for the first time in 4 years, I do this sport in my table tennis club for decades. I was amazed how good my reflexes still are. It was incredibly fun and have now decided to train 2 times a week in the club again. I also met a lot of old friends, they were really happy to see me again.

• Like 5

just out of curiosity, I took a db reading or two.

I don't know how much credibility these online meters have.....

at approx 40% volume, we're getting into concert levels....the 2 sites I tried gave similar readings

Around about 120db at my chair. I tend to think these on the high side. Background/music off showed 60db...

...and I don't think 30W/ch will generate that much output. Yes, LS are very efficient, but still...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

just out of curiosity, I took a db reading or two.

I don't know how much credibility these online meters have.....

at approx 40% volume, we're getting into concert levels....the 2 sites I tried gave similar readings

Around about 120db at my chair. I tend to think these on the high side. Background/music off showed 60db...

...and I don't think 30W/ch will generate that much output. Yes, LS are very efficient, but still...

Is your chair inside the bass horn?

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Yesterday evening I was playing table tennis for the first time in 4 years

A group of us played for years together down in my basement.  It got pretty serious when they started calling me the weltmeister.    Got a couple nice paddles and was blowing them into my buddy.  He got slimey and took off his shirt.  We all started laffin cause he had red spots all over his chest and stomach from the ball.  Yea, it got pretty serious just about every day.  Factor in all the beer and thihgs it was actually pretty funny.  lol  

Aside from that it's all good in the hood.  Leaves are now just about covering my front and back yard.  Gotta love oak trees.  It hasn't even started and I informed them all I wasn't brooming yards this year w/the foot.  Yup, they haven't touched a rake.  Sucks to be me.  

db's?  What the heck are db's?  Just crank it!  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

... waiting for the telephone repair. Sometime today was as specific as they could get.

trying to avoid politics, I am watching ShortTrackAmerica. The one commentator's accent is on the verge of subtitles.

Saw one of my favorite stupid commercials the other day

it is for a cosmetic of some sort

claims to be 20% pure vitamin C. 

????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well George is back!  😂   😂   😂      Nah not that bad but kinda.  I started in the Army after living my life as a kid on the tennis courts.  Found out ya gotta be crafty and think things thru  :)  So when I bought my first house I had a long narrow room.  Set the table up with about 4 feet of space to the wall.  I had about 10 behind me w/strategically placed furniture.  He was trapped like a rat and never caught on.  Too funny though.  Hot day, off w/the t shirt and I noticed all these round red spots. 

.. waiting for the telephone repair. Sometime today was as specific as they could get. 

Cable was spotty everywhere for about 3 days last week but only in the evenings so I called.  I wound up setting up everything up for a new TV.  He saw my gear and flipped out @ the battle plan.  Told him to stop by after the first of the year. He didn't find the "bad router" they told me it was on the phone.  Break time for him.   lol

Jimmy Olsen signing out..

Oh yea, the leaves?  It's begun.    😂

• Haha 2

Time to make another gallon of tea. Remember that mix of Tang & Nestea that folks would give in a tin as party favors this time of year? Tasted like Russian Tea.

Put two cloves, a stick of cinnamon in when steeping it. Then some orange juice into the jug.

PXL-20221027-190349898.jpg

It's good!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'd use half and half and plain ol sugar. I take an RX that depletes calcium in my marrow & blood so there's that. Then the test tube products can help some with their own requirements, but I try to steer clear of it!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MicroMara said:

HHMM , the russians aren´t that far away from Berlin .....😏 hope that we europeans won´t have to drink russian tea in a year or two

HA! Hope I NEVER have any earl grey put in front of me again!

YUK!

Luzianne, Luzianne, Luzianne, Luzianne, Luzianne, Luzianne,

Got about that many boxes in my pantry... good `till `26

• Like 3