Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Well I learned something today guys. Whenever you think you might like to put something that is unused into usage it wasn't designed for? Better get ready, cause it tripped me out. I've got a fantastic 24 inch monitor on my pc. IPS, perfect full gamut RGB color and is still good after fifteen years of use.

When I rescued some of my stuff earlier this week I grabbed things to fill empty spaces inside the minivan. So right now I've got a 50 inch TV about two and a half feet in front of my face as a computer screen.:unsure2:

Need to back it up a little more, if I still had that good wireless keyboard I could back myself up like I've been doing watching shows. The sound is better backed up in that loveseat ten feet back anyhow. Next time there is a software update for my graphics card I'll delete my settings and start that over... but it's really good already!

PXL-20221029-161833602.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Well I learned something today guys. Whenever you think you might like to put something that is unused into usage it wasn't designed for? Better get ready, cause it tripped me out. I've got a fantastic 24 inch monitor on my pc. IPS, perfect full gamut RGB color and is still good after fifteen years of use.

When I rescued some of my stuff earlier this week I grabbed things to fill empty spaces inside the minivan. So right now I've got a 50 inch TV about two and a half feet in front of my face as a computer screen.:unsure2:

Need to back it up a little more, if I still had that good wireless keyboard I could back myself up like I've been doing watching shows. The sound is better backed up in that loveseat ten feet back anyhow. Next time there is a software update for my graphics card I'll delete my settings and start that over... but it's really good already!

PXL-20221029-161833602.jpg

that´s nice JJ but my wife got a bigger one

monitor.jpg.2fdcd02c7d5aec0aefb07654557248a9.jpg

• Haha 4

I met the guys over at the church this morning for a test fit of the new altar rail pieces we’ve been building.

so far so good.

Now it’s up to me to get the old top rail cut to the correct size and refinished and hopefully the new section I’m building from scratch will match the old stuff.

Getting the measurements correct on the 22.5° miters is the only real tricky part but I think I’ll be able to cut it accurately enough.

742686C9-C050-4867-B882-2E3BD8539BA0.thumb.jpeg.847a82104dce14948d1c718a7e8558b8.jpeg

38931BBB-3600-4FAA-BB2B-B3F77FF71C2A.thumb.jpeg.335d43528fc317b908c3cbad104bc95d.jpeg

0D1CC7B2-90B1-41C7-B9AA-9AE108D56EFE.thumb.jpeg.51acac188473cbc33227d3d20f22f00e.jpeg

• Like 6

Still think mine's insane!

It lost the HDMI scaling setting while the pc was asleep.

If/when I install the next radeon drivers for my Vega that doesn't work, well I'll put it back in the box. maybe.

It's great watching movies on the big screen from the other side of the room... fits the big sound I've got in here.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Still think mine's insane!

It lost the HDMI scaling setting while the pc was asleep.

If/when I install the next radeon drivers for my Vega that doesn't work, well I'll put it back in the box. maybe.

It's great watching movies on the big screen from the other side of the room... fits the big sound I've got in here.

Yea I agree ..a big screen combined with your digital audio gear is a perfect match to watch life concerts as well as movies .

• Like 4

I think we have a 65 inch or so in a meeting room at work. I was impressed with how good text and so on looks on the 4k screen.

However, a 720p webcam image looks pretty granular, when doing zoom meetings.

12 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Better get ready, cause it tripped me out. I've got a fantastic 24 inch monitor on my pc. IPS, perfect full gamut RGB color and is still good after fifteen years of use.

When I got a new office at the beginning of 2018, they gave me a couple of refurbed 24 in. HP monitors. For the work I do they've been ok. However, I've not seen the top of my desk for the past two years.

20180315_113936_001~2.jpg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Marvel said:

When I got a new office at the beginning of 2018, they gave me a couple of refurbed 24 in. HP monitors. For the work I do they've been ok. However, I've not seen the top of my desk for the past two years.

20180315_113936_001~2.jpg

I didn’t realize you were that short.

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Got my monitor back up. The tv was too big up close. Yep it's an HP, they were making great monitors back then, mine doesn't have 2ms response but the clarity and color is as good as it gets.... to this day.

PXL-20221030-145158109.jpg

The fir branches look really real, also . One has the impression that these come out of the screen three dimensional. You can try to hang Christmas tree balls on it 

• Haha 2

That's what a good pic that is in .png format with 24 bit depth can do, good graphics card in the mix.

Monitor is 8bpc, tv 12bpc but color is dialed in better on the monitor.

An article from DE helped me decide on this one way back then.

http://www.prad.de/en/monitore/review/2008/review-hp-lp2475w.html#Introduction

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Where's @grasshopperwhen ya need him.  Waaaay too serious on this thread.  I was digesting in depth and realized the pizza in the oven HAD to be done.  Yup, concrete.  So now I'm on the second high price frozen pizza my daughter picked up for me.  The one in the trash is shooting material.

Elmer Fudd Very Quiet GIF - Elmer Fudd Very Quiet Vewy Quiet GIFs

😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Sheesh.. I am dizzy from watching 2 youngsters...  

Wife had a dentist appt yesterday ... I got stuck "babysitting".... and, of course, wife took longer than expected ... 4 hours longer. I was about to send a search team. She rode with her sister and the plans got changed.

I made pizza last night. One got a little dark, but, only brown. the kids liked it.

Boy has entered into some kind of agreement with the owners of that house/ranch. He is supposed to be moving there the middle of Nov. Since it's off the grid, wife asked him if there was firewood cut. He isn't concerned... He will be. He can't turn on a space heater. There might be propane heat backup... if you like paying for it.

a little seasonable mood music

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Three of my kids decided they wanted to be cafe employees for Halloween.

Initially this started as a more direct ripoff of Starbucks but they decided to morph it into our own cafe.

Yesterday afternoon we tossed together a logo in Adobe a illustrator and this evening I painted a sign for the new cafe.1C2A68B8-F9AE-435C-B44E-3B9F800C3636.thumb.jpeg.eec655f25268006f2ea0580185073f89.jpeg

• Like 6