Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Never knew heat and cold could affect things like that or the usps but I guess it does now.

Hey those madeleines... sweet spongecake nothing special. The other is like large, thick Melba Toast... and Melba Toast is better!

So the black truffle chips, kindergartner size snack is the winner!

• Like 2

Yes @oldtimer I've always had that issue when it was rainy or humid and below freezing. There was a little can like that breath spray with a wd40 like tube that would de-ice the door lock for my mom's car.

I'd throw a small amount of tap water on the lock then get mine open most every time!

• Like 2

Happy anniversary to you BOTH Bill.  Then shazam we're into the cable debate!  lol

Weather around here is nuts as usual for fall in Ohio.  The only thing I know is my NEW electric car antenna isn't working anymore.  Blech, don't need it anyway.  😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, richieb said:

How’s the charging station situation in your area for the electric antenna 😎

Oh yeah! It was electric So frantically hectic And the band started leaving 'Cause they all stopped breathing Yeah, yeah, yeah-yeah-yeah

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It’s been wet and rainy all day.

I made some beef stew and left it to simmer on the stove while I went with my buddy to help him pick up some metal storage cabinets and some stereo equipment he won in an estate auction.

The cabinets were full, junk included at no extra cost, he probably got some good tools and random stuff but also a bit of junk.

It looks like I’ll get a JVC tape deck out of it.

The stew turned out great and the beef was nice and tender.

5D55D276-48B2-46A8-8EB2-81D72A5825A0.thumb.jpeg.1c821e00ae22814c0f40ba90634ac420.jpeg

Today is also my youngest kiddo’s birthday.

Little man is 9 and requested a chocolate cake with strawberry icing so I cooked that up this evening.

F7623BF4-F994-492A-803F-BA8490EED167.thumb.jpeg.be18bad19709d7de506076a461a74029.jpeg

A7F538EF-8B75-41F6-8F3F-C3F7F5363C2C.thumb.jpeg.d3e0777870b446584601d084a2e78954.jpeg

43C83E60-AAE0-45FC-9B87-4EC93F6F9534.thumb.jpeg.8f40c0c3f62d9e3974f0afe15eeb8733.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Lows in the 50s, highs in the 50s.

Gray & rainy with sporadic sunshine for a week now.

Don't know if we'll get to see the eclipse on "election" night.

Funny how that used to be started and finished in one day without problems. Tech should have improved all that...

• Like 3

Ever been under a BIG old tree that you know isn't healthy anymore? Since I moved my bed 30 feet north I do relax better at night.

I had a one second warning right before noon today. An up high cra-acking that was more than a quick snap and not high pitched but a medium tone like a thick limb. 

I was at the mailbox and took this after I took half of it away. About 4 or more inches in diameter. It fell on the box and across the road.

Always disliked pin oaks that drop leaves year-round.

This one might know, could be an Ent!

PXL-20221106-165140375.jpg

• Like 3

that stew looks good. I had ox tail soup last night.

Weather is back to normal ... for a minute. I opened the doors and windows

...... then turned the stereo on while I did some domestics. I wasn't quiet about it... Time to knock the cobwebs from the LS. Not crazy loud... but pushing that envelope. 50% volume.

times like this I would appreciate more than 30W/ch

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Ever been under a BIG old tree that you know isn't healthy anymore? Since I moved my bed 30 feet north I do relax better at night.

I had a one second warning right before noon today. An up high cra-acking that was more than a quick snap and not high pitched but a medium tone like a thick limb. 

I was at the mailbox and took this after I took half of it away. About 4 or more inches in diameter. It fell on the box and across the road.

Always disliked pin oaks that drop leaves year-round.

This one might know, could be an Ent!

PXL-20221106-165140375.jpg

Damn, John... I know how ya feel. That last place we lived had a big mesquite over the house/trailer. A branch about 6 inch diameter fell off - away from the trailer. It would have cut the trailer in half.

• Like 1