Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I had a giant maple tree in my front yard taken down last year. 
It had started dropping limbs and I was worried it was going to hit something important like the power lines or the kids or my house.

my youngest liked to play little tree man and hide in his hunting camo while it was still in the yard.81781DC9-E04B-4B91-9BA4-D0FE75911C9E.thumb.png.973658f393ae11fb60cf5a1668169d34.png

• Like 2

He looks like he is a character, that particular realtree goes real good with the tree lichen or whatever it's called. I forgot that word and haven't had need for it... so it's back in the cobwebs:lol:

Easy to see the deadwood in the middle of the trunk, it was time for it to come down.

• Like 2

Nice day here today.  A bit windy but I'll take it.  60's all next week dropping into the low 40's.  So much for the Indian summer around here.  Yesterday we had those 40-50mph straight line winds.  Classic.  lol My yard has no leaves.  hahaha    :)

Now ya got me thinkin about a crock pot roast instead of soup!  Thanks for that!  lol

• Like 3

@Dave1291 both those large sticks on the pile are about 4 to 5 feet long. That darn Ent tried to take me out this morning!

* the burned spot is from a queen sized mattress he got all pyro with a month ago with a twenty foot high bonfire

Edited by JohnJ
  • Haha 2

Must be an echo.  Dunno.

Reminds me of a thought I had last week and saved the post in my wittle brain.  Good ole @grasshopper mentioned that he ate everything in a wrap.  There I was w/a pack of new wraps laying on the counter.  Must been there 6 weeks and I had this flash.  Leftover chili in a wrap w/some lettuce, shredded cheese and sour cream???  BOOM!  No more chili, no more wraps!  Kudo's to ya Bill!  lol  Don't be struttin, just turn it up!  lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Dude!!

You've done it again!

I had burritos like that earlier

can't post pics now, uninstalling then re-installing eset f'd my firewall and it's blocking postimage no matter what... not letting me make rules.

O*)(*&$6789&^$

Might have to wipe and re do it all darnitt.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Ever been under a BIG old tree that you know isn't healthy anymore? Since I moved my bed 30 feet north I do relax better at night.

I had a one second warning right before noon today. An up high cra-acking that was more than a quick snap and not high pitched but a medium tone like a thick limb. 

I was at the mailbox and took this after I took half of it away. About 4 or more inches in diameter. It fell on the box and across the road.

Always disliked pin oaks that drop leaves year-round.

This one might know, could be an Ent!

PXL-20221106-165140375.jpg

We had a couple oaks about 6-8 feet from the house we bought. They provided great shade, but were starting to drop limbs, so we had them removed. They were a good 3 feet in diameter and certainly would  have done massive damage to the housd if they had fallen the wrong way.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Marvel said:

We had a couple oaks about 6-8 feet from the house we bought. They provided great shade, but were starting to drop limbs, so we had them removed. They were a good 3 feet in diameter and certainly would  have done massive damage to the housd if they had fallen the wrong way.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Yikes, some of those have to be for the insurance.

How can anybody not even look up how you make the tree go the direction. Pc's, cell phones... I had to ask back in the 70s when I had to take my first tree down.

The one here? I wouldn't do it even if I still had my Husky 350.

• Like 2

I watched some pros take down some BIG trees when I was in DC. In a residential area. Not much... any.. space between houses. The trunks were an easy 5 feet in diameter. It was amazing to watch. Yeah, they used a boom truck.... only to get a man up/in the tree. Then it was all saws and ropes. They would cut manageable size pieces and lower them down on ropes.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Marvel said:

We had that 90 foot or so oak tree next to the house in LaFayette too.

I still remember it because I got to split it by hand.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1