Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I slept right through it.  :)  Nothing to see here.  Down in the 40's last night.  Hit the electric blankie and went into burrito mode.  lol

Cranked out a "Coke" roast yesterday in the crock pot.  Might just last a day or two then I'm going to have to figure out how I'm going to manage the grocery store.  Fridge is bare bones and the cupboard is right behind.  Freezer still has beef left from last fall and another quarter on the way so that's a plus.  No way am I cruisin around in an electric go kart.  Just call me hoppy I guess.  Go all ya can then go some more to get 'er done.  The bill?  😂 

Neighbors are piling up the leaves here in Sherwood forest.  Since I didn't help out w/the lawn sweeper this year they're learning to appreciate me.  lolol

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

I slept right through it.  :)  Nothing to see here.  Down in the 40's last night.  Hit the electric blankie and went into burrito mode.  lol

Cranked out a "Coke" roast yesterday in the crock pot.  Might just last a day or two then I'm going to have to figure out how I'm going to manage the grocery store.  Fridge is bare bones and the cupboard is right behind.  Freezer still has beef left from last fall and another quarter on the way so that's a plus.  No way am I cruisin around in an electric go kart.  Just call me hoppy I guess.  Go all ya can then go some more to get 'er done.  The bill?  😂 

Neighbors are piling up the leaves here in Sherwood forest.  Since I didn't help out w/the lawn sweeper this year they're learning to appreciate me.  lolol

Yes, they'll learn... careful with those footsie with your blanket.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well it's been 80 here for a couple of days, and muggy. 70 with 30% today... perfect. Got the computer wiped and back up... now I only want to get away from it!!

Took my tape out there before I put boxes under that pile and lit it up yesterday. My guesstimating is getting bad, that stick was eight feet long.

Remember sizzleburgers? Good once you drain off the grease, especially with an onion cut up in the pan with `em! Made four out of a pound and a half of 80/20. One more for later today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ALMOST, pitched my sweeper today.  Thing has been working about half maybe.  There went 2 hours.  lol  Decided I'd better die into it when I found out it was $250 new. That thing can suck an egg thru a garden hose if ya know what I mean.  😂

Decided to unload my VetsAid tickets for Sunday evening.    Just don't think I could do the walkin and it's really not too smart if I want these toes to heal.  Made my mailman a happy boy.  Going for 3k each now resale.  Joe's ALWAYS been a dam* jinx to me and he knows it.  lol  Last time I did his solo show it was with Tom Petty in Cbus.  Nothing like getting a new pacer lead wire replaced in the morning and stumbling into the venue that nite.  Slept a few hours at my youngest's apt then eat and get dropped off at the show.  Dumbest thing I ever did.  Friends brought me home and dumped me.  Perfect!  NOT!    Now THIS garbage!  lol  Ole Jinx is gonna hear about it too!  lol  Might just have to catch the Livestream for $20 and crank it up.  :)

Check the link for the rundown, which features Joe & the Gang with Foxy and Dale playing, Dave Grohl, Black Keys, NIN, and The Breeders.  All Ohio dudes!  6 PM EST show and will be worth every penny for $20.  You also get 48 hours of extended viewing.  :)

https://vetsaid.veeps.com/events/f2d6e78d-d48a-4892-9e5b-355db45079a3?irgwc=1&clickid=UJtUBP1LdxyNR3lXany953ZtUkDSUnyS0TiY380&camefrom=CFC_BUYAT_3219313&impradid=3219313&REFERRAL_ID=tmfeedbuyat3219313&wt.mc_id=aff_BUYAT_3219313&utm_source=3219313-Veeps&impradname=Veeps&utm_medium=affiliate&ircid=4272

Remember EVERY PENNY of this show is going to VetsAid.  

Aside from that, mid 60's maybe and going down there at night.  Carry on!  lol

• Like 3

15 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Nice of you Dave to gift your tickets to your mail carrier.

He's a great guy and a rocker so he's ready.  Think he might take his wife but she doesn't go to many shows with him.  We'll see how that sorts out.   It's deserved though cause he's lugged everything up here to the door.  Should be a few stories after the show so that alone is worth it.  lol  :)

8 hours ago, Invidiosulus said:

My older daughter enjoys painting nails so her little brother and I let her practice on us.

My girls did the same thing.  One summer I took a nap and realized later they'd painted all my toenails.  The best one was when they were into those lil sticky ear rings.  Went into work one day and couldn't figure out why I had everyone's interest in the morning meeting.  No one said a word all day about anything.  My ear itched after lunch so I scratched it.  Guess what?  Yup, wore them on both ears alllll day.  :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

My girls did the same thing.  One summer I took a nap and realized later they'd painted all my toenails.  The best one was when they were into those lil sticky ear rings.  Went into work one day and couldn't figure out why I had everyone's interest in the morning meeting.  No one said a word all day about anything.  My ear itched after lunch so I scratched it.  Guess what?  Yup, wore them on both ears alllll day.  :) 

That was sweet...

14 hours ago, billybob said:

That was sweet...

Might be sweet to YOU!  I was beginning to think one sideburn was higher that the other.  ONE guy even walked to me.  He looked at my right ear then leaned over and checked the other one out.  He never said a word.  Smiled then said "huh."  I said what and he said "oh nuttin."  Come on man they ALL crucified me!  😂

• Haha 3

My mailman stopped by w/a case of Heineken for me and thanked me for the  Walsh tickets.  He's stoked and ready.  No wifey so he's takin another guy I know, 

Joe's home and he's doin the show the right way.  Doors @ 430, First band up @ 6 and ending @ 1130.  Just like the old day's.  Gonna paint the place then strobe people to death is the game plan.  The venue they're in is so easily adaptable for sound I'm sure it will sound fantastic.  He's a bit stoked himself goin back to his roots for one last ride.

I just hope my mailman doesn't go POSTAL!   😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Joe is in town ...

Decided I needed to cut some of this firewood down to a more manageable size. Of course, the saw wouldn't start/run. Primed by dumping fuel into the carb... fired right up... until that ran out. Checked the furl filter. It was OK, but, the fuel line had collapsed. 20 years+ old... I can't understand...LOL

Pulled a bush fix. Under the flint in bic lighters is a small diameter spring a couple inches long, if you stretch it out a little.... Worked the spring into the fuel line to hold it open...back on line.

I could replace that fuel line myself, but, I hate working on chainsaws... I'll take it to the shop

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1