Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

OH HECK! 

Watching the gamecast and looked at the news for the first time in a couple days.

Kamikaze attack - like accident in Texas took out a B-17:(

Seems to me that no one that could fly a plane would t-bone a big plane like that.

turn down the volume, she curses

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 1
  • Sad 5

21 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

OH HECK! 

Watching the gamecast and looked at the news for the first time in a couple days.

Kamikaze attack in Texas took out a B-17:(

Seems to me that no one that could fly a plane would t-bone a big plane like that.

turn down the volume, she curses

R.I.P. Texas Raiders crew.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

OH HECK! 

Kamikaze attack in Texas took out a B-17:(

the smaller plane did not even see the B17  cross it's  flight path  since the larger plane was in his  blind spot  ,    Flight control  will have to do some answering  here   , unless the stunt was planned , but something went  terribly wrong 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, OO1 said:

the smaller plane did not even see the B17  cross it's  flight path  since the larger plane was in his  blind spot  ,    Flight control  will have to do some answering  here   , unless the stunt was planned , but something went  terribly wrong 

Huh? The bomber was slow compared to the one that literally cut it in half.

I know the speed of the smaller one comes into play, if it was a one seater and didn't have updated radar...

FAA will come out with something mid week & you could be right. Thinking with the high visibility of this magnified by the www they might get a quick synopsis out there.

* looks like it was possibly a single operator

p63.jpg

b17-0.jpg

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Invidiosulus said:

One of my grandfathers piloted the Carolina Moon over Europe in WWII.

B-17G-15-BO 43-37907 Carolina Moon of the 851st BS/490th BG, Eye (Brome), late 1944 Delivered by Boeing to Cheyenne on 3 June 1944, this Fortress arrived at Eye on 2 July, where it was assigned to Raymond M Blankenbecler's crew their earlier B-24J (42-94944) had also been named Carolina Moon. The B-17 subsequently passed to Lt Adolph A Barnes crew within the 848th BS, who arrived at Eye in December 1944. Several members of its new crew painted wives and girlfriends names under the aircraft's windows. Rita was applied under the left waist gunner's position, used by S/Sgt Louis A Trapolino, and LORRAINE appeared beneath the rudder. Tail gunner S/Sgt Robert H Cosgray had a big red heart, along with the line HAVE A HEART, painted above his rear turret installation, whilst the navigator had the names Adeline & Suzy marked above his window for his wife and daughter. Finally, the nose gun boasted the titling Eagle's Nest for toggelier S/Sgt Leo Eagle, and the swastika denoted the destruction of an Me 262 by the gunners. 2nd Lt Otis G Lancaster flew Carolina Moon back to the US in mid-1945, and it was sold for scrap at Kingman in December of that year.

• Like 2

that's sad.... worst possible outcome.

-----------------

I'm not a Dr... but, I will say that I'm recovering from a minor case of pneumonia. 

Recovering - as in feeling better. Not good. Better is a very low bar.

I can walk across the house w/o needing to rest when I get there.

Did a few piddly things yesterday. Defrost the fridge. Sweep the chimney. After I finished the chimney, all I wanted to do was stand in a hot shower until the hot water ran out. That I did. It only lasted 15 minutes. I had a few choice words. Something I need to do every so often....drain and clean the elements in the water heater.... and it has been making noise that it was getting close. Guess what I did after my shower?... racing sundown. The water heater is out of the house. Oh. had to run a whole load of laundry because I wanted to wash a few things I wore when I swept the chimney... wife... "You aren't going to run a half load?" "Yes, "No"...she won.

then I made some poi.

Mexican style.

Refried beans

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Wellllll, my mailman survived the VetsAid w/Joe and the Gang last night.  He said Joe actually played second with Dave Grohl after The Breeder's opened the show.  Then it was The Black Keys and NIN.  They all closed it then en mass on the stage.  He said it was an amazing show.  Just like back in the day!  lol  

24088.jpg

Just another day at the office! :)

• Like 2