Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

All better today!  Rolled out at 9"30 so where have I been and what have I done so far today?  Nothing!  Coffee's spot on though!  :)

Waaaay too many people around here talking OSU /ichigan football this week.  Should be a great game providing it doesn't rain too much.  No road trip for me but the guy who bought my tickets is one happy boy.  hahaha  I'm prolly one of the few alumni who still sells unused tickets for face value.  Always have an always will.  Just paying it forward.

Ticket prices are insane for this one.  This year is the 100th year of football  @ OSU so if they win it will complete the perfect season in the Shoe.  Kinda cool but we'll see what shakes out.  :)

• Like 2

Hello strangers, feels like longer than a week since I've been here.

Willie my isp texted me today and stated "You might have an internet problem" blah blah blah. Called them and they scheduled to come out an hour later, then he broke the internet here... Another tech comes out a couple hours later and it is all good now... squirrels chew the lines. he said they must get a jolt from the voltage in it but they do it anyhow. 

Yea I recall being a teen! 

"Kicks Just Keep Gettin' Harder to Find!"

Happy Thanksgiving Boys and Girls!

Got half my Thanksgiving ready to reheat tomorrow... the 13 lb bird is funny looking, had to put it back in to get it to 165. At least there is a ham, bread and pumpkin pie coming with them tomorrow. Potatos and corn will be easy to cook while this is reheating.

PXL-20221123-211258389.jpg 

• Like 5

You've got a good start.

I remember "Kicks" - Paul Revere and the Raiders

I made a loaf of herbed bread for stuffing, yesterday. I don't think I'm gonna use it for dressing. It came out too good. Plus, I am fond of my basic recipe.

I/we have no idea who or how many or when things will happen tomorrow. I know pumpkin pies are made. I did that today It will prolly be the wife and SIL....then the boy and extended family trailing through the evening.

UArizona made a good game of the Maui championship. They were in a position to turn it into a bloout... but NOOOOOO. enjoyed watching it.

• Like 2

I usually make a pumpkin pie because they're easier to make than my grandma's Coconut Cake... miss that!

But I'm good, out of bell pepper so no potato salad might be baked they're a good size for that.

My radio set is running in my head, got to take Lou to the youtube thread!

• Like 2

Burrrrrrp!

Dinner came out good. Grand and her mom showed up just as I was carving the bird.  A super nice, casual day.....

time for a nap, after I have a cup or two of coffee.

Hope y'all are having a great Thanksgiving..

you too, @MicroMara..... even if you aren't having a turkey feast.

When wife was in Malaysia, wife wanted something Thanksgiving. The fam got her a pumpkin [of some sort]. She made a pie with it and started a new thing for them... They had never had pumpkin pie. After that, one of her family wanted pumpkin pie for his birthday. I thought that was too cool.

• Like 5

with having leftovers... we are not doing organized meals, just a continuation of yesterday. The carcass in the stock pot. Smells like Thanksgiving.

with a degree of luck, my quiet will be disturbed by the sound of telephone solicitors tomorrow. It's been a week since they fixed the intermittent to dead all the time. Can't help to think they let the magic smoke out of something when they were working on it last week. 

I don't know how close you all are to your siblings... I miss talking to my sisters. We laugh a lot.

• Like 4

When the oldest daughter told me she was smoking a turkey I though this will be epic!  lol  Must say she nailed everything!   Got to be a repeat offender today since I was tasked keeping an eye on her kids today.  Good stuff!

Now it's time for a football game tomorrow.  We'll see what blue brings to the table in the OSU Horseshoe.  Not calling for rain til evening so that shouldn't be a factor.  Gonna be cold but the ball WILL be airborne most of the afternoon.  Injuries for both teams will be a factor but it's next man up.  If they can breathe they'll be on the field giving their all.  Should be interesting.  OSU -8???  THAT I don't know about either but we'll find out I guess.  :)

Aside from that all is quiet in Duckburg.

• Like 4

Funny, news is on and dome dude who owns a campus bar just said he had two extra truck loads on hand for the post game win?   Now Urban's on talking and he's all OSU.  Said blues Corum isn't just a good player but a great player.  Then started on OSU's Marvin Harrison Jr and how he's the number 1 player in the US.  Naturally he's a bit bias but he's right on both counts.  The game though???  Gotta go w/OSU but it could get real squirrely!  Noon kick for some truly smash mouth football from both teams.  Just crazy!

Oh boy OSU won the blood drive battle for the Red Cross this year!  I gotta go sleep.  Maybe.  Temps in the low 40's for kick off.  Lace 'em tight and buckle up cause it's ON!  😂  

• Like 3

Henderson is the prize but he hasn't been in yet.  Williams is the next man up.  Looks like Clemson is on cruise control already.  Ga & Tech might be fun...  Tech up now but subject to change me thinks.  hahaha

TCU should be a good watch next!  Nite..  lol

• Like 1

Gotta hand it to blue.  It was played exactly like blue should have played it.  Take away the run and their passing lanes are open.  Thrice burned on that.  Stroud burned w/2 interceptions.  Then factor in the "ole" jump pass that I always loved and the Buckeye's were sucking swamp water.  It's on them the fans have supported allllll year.  They got their nose rubbed in it for sure.  Looks like the battle is now officially ON again.   lol  I told ya it was gonna be crazy!  😂  

• Sad 1

I've lost any faith in our coach this year. When we could have won, he wouldn't play the right players... and that's just one position. Think it hurt the rest of the guys play because they knew & had faith in the guy on the bench that could have done better. <_< 40 consecutive wins at home down the drain to those darn --cks we've owned for over a decade. 

Which team is up next for that wins at home #1 title... they've been waiting a good while for it!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

oldest daughter told me she was smoking a turkey

I mesquite smoked a bird once... I was single... I ate the whole thing myself and didn't feel the least bit guilty

I missed the game you guys are on about. 2 chidlings - 5 and 7 tearing up the house....I got to watched a few minutes of the Grambling halftime show. The Rockettes ain't got nothing on a marching band [I will admit to them being more attractive].

Still a "NO LINE" display of the phone... Why am I not surprised?

• Like 2