Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

From a good friends post after the whoopin OSU took.  The Woody he refers to is the athletic facility about 1.5 miles from the stadium.  Kids are kids and kids play games.  Sometimes ya win and sometimes ya lose.  

I like most of my friends are upset and even a little embarrassed by the game today I myself felt like some players quit today. After the game I went up to the locker room with Dom To get player interviews. As you can guess no one wanted to talk with the exception of 2. J T Tuimolaou. And CJ Stroud. 2 really classy young Men But even better then that what helped put things in perspective and help a little in cheering me up was After CJ did the interview and trust me I’m sure he would have loved to be doing something else. He was the last player to leave the locker Room all the others got on the bus and left for the Woody. Not C J. He walked over to about 50 kids and grown ups that had waited for him and signed everything they asked him to sign and took pictures with anyone that wanted one. To me that tells everything I wanted to know about C J Stroud. Class Act All the Way.

Stroud most probably lost his Heisman today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grasshopper said:

we're getting a month for free, sorta. It's been totally gone for a week and at the beginning of the problem, it was only dead during the cold of the day/night. We may need to ask for another month or two N/C...

Think the towers run on solar out there?  Maybe somethings up with that and it's more than just you wondering?  I'm sure they're not broadcasting it.  lol  HVAC problems or something @ the tower?  Sumpin isn't right.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, grasshopper said:

I used the broiler in the new stove this AM.

Was making toast.... gotta adjust ... I had flames coming from one of the bread slices... LOL

Darn. Glad that you pay attention when you're in the kitchen!

Still got enough for one more turkey sandwich, but I went ahead and made meatballs to go with some sauce and fettuccini for first meal and tomorrow. Second will be that last sandwich that will take the last of that rare loaf of bread I bought.

• Like 2

Nah but I did have cataract surgery this month. Fookin amazing! No glasses/contacts. Improvement was immediate and incredible. If anyone in the Baltimore/DC area is looking at getting it done ,message me I got the doctor for you. Guy's skills are otherworldly.

Goof luck BTW.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

These are the typical November days, 40F, wet, windy, you know them yourself. Just drink a cup of hot cacao, have seen an English crime novel "Inspector Barneby", an English success story on German television. At the moment I'm streaming a music station from Switzerland " lounge-radio .com ", one of my favorite stations when it comes to cool jazz-soul-lounge music. My newly developed speaker cable is since 4 weeks in the test phase with HiFi friends and myself, I have already received several orders for the new cables. It is definitely much more work to build these , for a pair speaker cables I have to twist & assemble 64 wires x awg 18. 

So let's see what else was going on ...

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Any of you gents ever had a Urolift procedure?  Got one coming up Wednesday.  Just looking for a heads up🙂

A friend of mine had it done about 1 1/2 months ago. The doc who did it used no anesthesia. 🤯

He was hurting a lot for a couple weeks, but said it's working out great, with much relief.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Any of you gents ever had a Urolift procedure?  Got one coming up Wednesday.  Just looking for a heads up🙂

5 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Had to look it up @Tarheel.

Hope it goes easy on you and works well!

— as did I. At first I thought ‘Heel was giving his man boobs a little lift😎

I do remember someone here having a similar procedure -

• Haha 3

The prostrate grows as we get older pushing on the uretha until you only dribble rather than a full flow.

The urilift puts a solid tube through to the bladder and staples each side of the prostrate back.  Hopefully you will then be able to put out house fires with the increased force of the stream....kinda like a fire hose🙂

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

@Tarheel 

a stent of sorts?

It looks like those plastic strings they attach tags to clothing.  Like a close line with an upright on either end.  Dreading the procedure but it will be good to pee with a strong stream and empty completely so I don't have to get up 3 times a night.

• Like 3

Well... took the wife to a Dr appt today. I did a little grocery shopping. 

Coming home, I had a local radio station on... not a syndicated one. I kinda think this station is one man's dream.... KTBX  Nice mix of old and older rock. No commercials, no jabbering DJ.. Just continuous music....they played these back to back

and then

Oh... still no phone

• Thanks 2