Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Seems like Arby's used to ....

I ended up making lasagna with chicken as "meat" in it. The local store was waiting for deliveries, so, I went with what I had... bird.

I used thighs. Stewed them in red sauce until the meat fell off the bone.

--------------------------

@richieb   

I was visiting fam in Indiana. Telling my BIL II was planning on stopping in MO to do some fishing. He cautioned me about the hill folk. I mulled that over a few and laughed.... I am a "hill folk". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, grasshopper said:

@richieb   

I was visiting fam in Indiana. Telling my BIL II was planning on stopping in MO to do some fishing. He cautioned me about the hill folk. I mulled that over a few and laughed.... I am a "hill folk". 

We don’t live all that far from MO “hill folk”. Stay on the periphery and you’re good. Heading deeper into the hills, hearing banjos in the distance is the first clue you’ve gone far enough. You’re pretty much on your own after that - 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Mornin' All

A damp weekend. It drizzled for 2 days. We got ~3/4in. The foghorns are sounding this AM. It was a warm rain. Lows in the mid 50's [F].

tis the season....

Wife stopped at the store on her way home from church yesterday. She came home with a dozen FRESH/still warm tamales. They were great. I say "tis the season" because this is tamale season. Making them is a family activity...well--- the women, gather and have a hen party while they are making tamales.

The road to Arivaca was closed for 12 hrs...overnight. Details are lacking, but, we were told there was a fatal shooting [officer involved] and wreck. They stopped all traffic while they brought people from Phoenix down to investigate. Sounds like a failed smuggling attempt to me. Nothing on the news... we aren't that important out here.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, grasshopper said:

we aren't that important out here.

Sometimes that's a good thing!

1 Doc appt down today and another at 930 tomorrow.  Done til next year then.  THEN i'm gonna start firing them.  Tired of feeding the beast.  lol

Tamales huh?  :)   I mean, like REAL tamales?   Sounds pretty darn good.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave1291 said:

I mean, like REAL tamales?   Sounds pretty darn good. 

yep.. real tamales... wrapped in corn husks

when we first moved here, 50 years+ ago, I saw corn husks for sale at the grocery. Being from the midwest and not knowing about tamales, beyond Hot Tamale candy, I thought that was about the most obsurd thing I had ever seen.

• Haha 1

Took my little boys up to the local castle to see Santa this weekend.3111AD55-B474-4EAD-B01E-E9CEB0509B22.thumb.jpeg.df019505e91b0682ac1a3a0826d041a8.jpeg

And I finally got enough courage to cut into the large top pieces for the altar rail.

My chop saw has a 22.5° detent but it’s not near large enough for the rail pieces we are using. So I laid it out and measured three or four times and then cut the miters by hand.

I *think* it came out okay measurement wise. I’ll know once I get the pieces over to the garage where we have the base pieces stored and we see if they match up.

0E6EDDC7-B2BE-4815-BF5D-68C55B3CD138.thumb.jpeg.201e85f1d92543a7ed193f084891efea.jpeg

E461E22F-EC82-430D-82F2-C395448078A4.thumb.jpeg.c6dcb754c240d0fa9871772dc26f48f7.jpeg

I started getting some finish on the longest piece.

As suspected, the cherry soaked up any stain pretty unevenly, even with a pre soak in some conditioner.

I ended up getting some polyurethane with some tint in it which I normally stay away from, but it looks like rolling on a coat or two will even things out enough and we can still see some wood grain.F722DE5A-CD3C-4E90-ABC6-B47153A99142.thumb.jpeg.d6cef126df79183b6a8a3e923a06e446.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

That's going to look great when it's finished.  It'll alllll fit like a glove me thinks.   :)

About 10 years ago my church decided they were going to update the HUGE sanctuary w/new pews, rebuilt lighting fixtures, carpet, etc so I stepped up and did all the painting solo. 

The general contractor and a builder who are also members weren't too happy with me.  The sanctuary, narthex and everything looked fantastic when I was done.  I guess that builder was going to charge them $10k for the painting work.  hahaha  Sorry Charlie.  WHO gave me the talent to do the job in the first place AND WHY should I charge my own church?  

Silly humans!  :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 12/3/2022 at 5:48 PM, MicroMara said:

a typical german fast food is fries with curry sausage like this

79987633_pommescurrywurst.jpg.10c35300a37f8cc7a1b5a67c3b8b1fda.jpg

On 12/3/2022 at 5:54 PM, MicroMara said:

because so many turks live in germany, the turkish doener kebab has become the second german fast food dish.

630804688_dner.thumb.jpg.c3536eca7618a20b4193736c6ff0cd38.jpg

On 12/3/2022 at 6:10 PM, MicroMara said:

this is typical german supper bread, no fast food at all ...needs time be be eaten 😂

abendbrot1.jpg.734e0efa0aa72097241e2fa6b61de330.jpg

On 12/3/2022 at 6:34 PM, OO1 said:

Chicken Shawarma Recipe: How to Make Shawarma at Home

On 12/3/2022 at 9:26 PM, grasshopper said:

I ended up making lasagna with chicken as "meat" in it. The local store was waiting for deliveries, so, I went with what I had... bird.

I used thighs. Stewed them in red sauce until the meat fell off the bone.

@richieb   

On 12/3/2022 at 11:32 PM, richieb said:

We don’t live all that far from MO “hill folk”. Stay on the periphery and you’re good. Heading deeper into the hills, hearing banjos in the distance is the first clue you’ve gone far enough. You’re pretty much on your own after that - 

318003906_2320707214764982_7441159842521

• Haha 4

I'm getting out of the house today. I'm going to the dump... WHEEEEEE

Frosty this AM... normal Lookin' at mid 60's today.

I can play music now. The AirForce has begun its flybys/overflights. They're being relatively quiet right now... guessing around 90 - 100db 

We live under their playground. We're out in the sticks... bit, it's not quiet all of the time.Take the good with the bad. We get to see a lot of neat hardware and training exercises. The noise --- that's the sound of freedom

• Like 2