Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Don't use curry too often here, but no one has ever not taken seconds of my Sunshine Chicken with that, mustard, brn sugar and OJ in it!

CHK has just gotten as expensive as beef is supposed to be. Folks that get angry and state food prices have been stable for a number of years are either on dope or beyond hope!

Got a couple lbs for * $4/lb and made a kind of Pasta Carbonara yesterday. Had a full 2.5 qt pyrex for a few minutes last night. Was gonna get a pic cause it's put a smile on my face since then. Couldn't until I ate some more just now.. this is cold and going back in the fridge for lunch tomorrow!

PXL-20221210-204616566.jpg

Edited by JohnJ
* That's four dollars a pound. BIG Goof
  • Like 4

Made it through the lasagna, the tamales and refried beans...

time to make some chicken... well, turkey, and dumplings tonight. We have turkey stock.

I snagged about 10lb of sweet potatoes yesterday... for free. Wife doesn't eat them. So.....

Maybe I'll make a pie. Bet she will eat that. Me? I can bake them and eat 'em straight out of the skin, as a snack

My neighbor complained about my stereo the other day

Turn it up!!!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

My neighbor complained about my stereo the other day

Turn it up!!!

Usually good to find another with similar tastes in music!

@Weni

Been lookin' myself. I really liked Game of Thrones. At amazon prime video I signed up for an HBOMax trial thinking I'd binge on it again, it's been years. $15 if it takes longer than a week. Started watching the prequal made a couple years ago... not sure I'll make it through this series. Did not expect it to be GOT but after the fourth and fifth not watching them all at once...  ?

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 2

7 pm already, the day was dark gray and 0 degrees Celsius ( 32 F ) .  Today was the time again, the annual baking of vanilla hazelnut Kipferl, a German Christmas traditional pastry. Almost 170 pieces I have baked , now I need a back massage. @grasshopper  I´ll come over to get your special woofer back massage 😂 Sure it helps to reduce my back pain a little bit.

backenkleiner.thumb.jpg.68cbe36dc105aafa5d3fb26db88169d2.jpg

backen2kleiner.thumb.jpg.14806dcb771d8ccf5e13e877e26af4e3.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dave1291 said:

Those things are great!  Remember having them when I was little.  :)

pitty that you aren´t my neighbor , I would like to give you some, sending them via UPS makes no sense, before they arrive they ´re hard like brick stones 😂

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

7 pm already, the day was dark gray and 0 degrees Celsius ( 20 F ) .  Today was the time again, the annual baking of vanilla hazelnut Kipferl, a German Christmas traditional pastry. Almost 170 pieces I have baked , now I need a back massage. @grasshopper  I´ll come over to get your special woofer back massage 😂 Sure it helps to reduce my back pain a little bit.

backenkleiner.thumb.jpg.68cbe36dc105aafa5d3fb26db88169d2.jpg

backen2kleiner.thumb.jpg.14806dcb771d8ccf5e13e877e26af4e3.jpg

• Haha 3

The recipe for Kipferl ( approx. 150 > 175 Kipferl ) for less use the half of ingrendients

1.120gr. Flour
320 gr. sugar
800 gr. butter
400 gr. Hazelnuts ( grind )
300 gr. sugar and 12 packets of vanilla sugar for turning them when they come out of the oven

oven temperature 175 degrees , baking time 15 to 17 minutes per baking tray

• Thanks 2

I kinda figured. 350`F is a fairly standard baking temp

------------------------------------------

I bet Mike knows what they are called, I can't remember. Anise flavored Italian waffle "cookies". I would like some of those. I wanna say pizzelle. My aunt makes them.. like that is help ID'ing them.. LOL

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

I bet Mike knows what they are called, I can't remember. Anise flavored Italian waffle "cookies". I would like some of those. I wanna say pizzelle. My aunt makes them.. like that is help ID'ing them.. LOL

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pizzelle

1484773532721.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

19 hours ago, grasshopper said:

so you´re telling me now that your american ovens showing the temperature in Fahrenheit and not Celsius degrees ?

• Haha 3

Yea Mike, those things!  Got everything converted then saw the oven temp post.  Nosin for hazelnuts and the nilla sugar.  That seems to be the tough things with passover right now.  Have to think anead for next year but gonna nose more cause they're good!  lol

Yes, George.  When I saw the 175...  Kinda dead give away @ 15 minutes for each sheet.  lol  

• Haha 2