Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

4 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Yes, George.  When I saw the 175...  Kinda dead give away @ 15 minutes for each sheet.  lol  

Got it now Dave ! Good that we clarified that , after 15 minutes at 175 F would be a bakery nightmare for the Kipferl , they would all break apart

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, grasshopper said:

it's a beautiful day...

...to be indoors. 45`F and rain. Chance of snow tomorrow AM. I am "winterizing"the house. Plastic over the windows. Think I'll be doing some baking. I don't know what... but, as long as I am going to have the oven on, I might as well cook something. LOL

3 hours ago, MicroMara said:

3 hours ago, grasshopper said:

great minds think alike

2 hours ago, TommyBond said:

Gonna listen that whole day long. Thanks

2 hours ago, geezin' said:

What a great band they were. Saw them at Painters Mill Music Fair in Owings Mills MD in....'71???? her voice was stunning in person.

Saturday is shopping day and I drive my car There's no place to park it No respect for Supermen in the supermarket I guess there must be trouble but I not been alerted Looking round the store, it was all deserted And I'm stranded here with my empty basket So full of question, got nowhere to ask it By the one way out Strange voice shout "Don't let that good man out!" "Have a wonderful day in our one-way world One way, one day Have a wonderful day in our one-way world One way, one day One-way man, one-way mind Get along with mankind" Oh, there's an old man on the floor, so I summon my charm I say, "Hey Scumbag, has there been an alarm?" He said, "Yeah, been selling off eternal youth They all got afraid 'cause I'm the living proof" "My name is Einstein, do you know time is a curve?" I said, "Stop old man, you got a nerve 'Cause there's only one rule that I observe Time is money and money I serve" By the one way out Strange voice shout "Don't let that good man out" "Have a wonderful day in our one-way world One way, one day Have a wonderful day in our one way world One way, one day Have a wonderful day in our one way world One way, one day One-day man, one-day mind Get along with mankind" One-day man, one-day mind Get along with mankind

• Like 3

On 12/12/2022 at 5:52 AM, dirtmudd said:

1484773532721.jpeg

I can feel the flavor...mmm...yumm. I'd eat them with a great pleasure. Especially now, when I try to avoid anything like this. I'm following a https://betterme.world/articles/no-flour-no-sugar-diets/ diet, so I currently don't eat any sweets or cookies. But yours look so delicious...

Spoiler

Edited by riddleen
  • Like 4

Those are so good, and similar to the long-gone Brown Edge Wafers.

With my Italian in-laws... I do miss them, especially the grandmother. She would get the grill after we cooked out, then used a press with a handle about 16" long to cook them over the still hot coals. She even made her own Anisette, had a closet full with year dates on them.

I've been drinking stale coffee for a week, did manage to get a partial refund on it. It was my favorite from Colombia but roasted this past spring...

Took a week for the new stuff to get here, and its only in a burb of Atlanta. Guess usps is still focusing on something else. 

I made some immediately it's a light roast, kind of different and fresh! Will be back in a good mood AM's now.

• Like 2

Looks serene there George. Think its close to the same here low 41 high 42 today and heavy showers. Three weeks of gray here except yesterday for six hours we had sunshine! Forgotten what it was like, put the two sorry looking plants in the direct light all that time and stayed out myself too!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Looks serene there George. Think its close to the same here low 41 high 42 today and heavy showers. Three weeks of gray here except yesterday for six hours we had sunshine! Forgotten what it was like, put the two sorry looking plants in the direct light all that time and stayed out myself too!

I enjoy these days of cold, it sit a strange silence everywhere, few people, few cars. All make it in the pre-Christmas period cozy at home. We also have the fireplace on. My daughter is once again on the road, she went to Leipzig, a big city in East Germany.

leipzig.thumb.jpg.a201b3b092272d168cfc0677b2f101ba.jpg

• Like 4

I made a big batch of chili earlier in the week and turned some of it into bison sloppy joes.4542B4E2-70EE-44A9-AE8F-E5A39C04800F.thumb.jpeg.c29854e242e90b03ad8877ce57b8af50.jpeg

Meanwhile, my eldest has been working on his Rubik’s cube skills.

A friend at school gave him this 12 sided model yesterday as an early birthday present and he smugly announced this afternoon that he had figured it out.B0BFAFF2-CE8E-4DC8-AB05-73FE6384A453.thumb.jpeg.48922e09aadc0be0dacb00f6068df58a.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Was rather brisk this AM. Low 20's F.

It did make it to 50 before the sun sank. It will be in the high teens tomorrow AM

Dinner tonight? Venison roast with potatoes and onions. It was a young buck [a "fork] and more tender than a lot of cow we have had.

time to go to the doghouse and blow the cobwebs out of the stereo...  the daddy longlegs are.... ummm... numerous

• Haha 4