Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

On 12/10/2022 at 4:26 PM, JohnJ said:

@Weni

Been lookin' myself. I really liked Game of Thrones. At amazon prime video I signed up for an HBOMax trial thinking I'd binge on it again, it's been years. $15 if it takes longer than a week. Started watching the prequal made a couple years ago... not sure I'll make it through this series. Did not expect it to be GOT but after the fourth and fifth not watching them all at once...  ?

Update to that is:  The last episode especially has me eager to see a second season of "House of the Dragon"!

• Like 2

after we thawed ... it was 21`F this AM

Salvaged 2 KLH Model Six speakers from the neighbors.... I say two... because they aren't a pair. One is older than the other. One is MDF, the other wood box. Boxes are rough... but, the price was right.... free

Not very efficient... they don't sound awful. Reviews on them are pretty good. 4.6 of 5

• Like 3

KLH. That was a brand talked about back in the mid 70s a lot.

Advent, JBL and Infinity not in an order of perceived prominence.

I liked the big JBL towers with two woofers the best after owning small Infinitys for a year before I put an ad in the paper! Even had four bose for a little while... then I was awoken. Those K-Horns ruined me, the Heresy II a couple years later were small & potent enough for me to carry around.

$700 in 1990, hindsight has kicked my butt on that since then! Could've, Should've gone BIG.... THEN B)

• Like 3

I'm quite happy with my LS.  I'm  half looking for a sub. Most music doesn't require a sub. But, that what does, DOES!

now the problem.

..... what do I do with them?

... the boy is moving... slow by slow. He has a place to caretake for a year.

thinking I will move the Yamaha and RP600Ms to "the cottage"... his old quarters. 

Set the KLH in the doghouse with the old SONY .. it says 110W/ch  . They can use the horsepower 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well the Truth Hurts Mr. Man!

I've got two SVS 3000s now. They're decent, tight and very adjustable. Whenever I get a home ? I'll have them under the Forte IIIs.

But La Scalas are awesome comparatively!

Do Not Settle For Less than one or more of those tubas designed by Bill Fitzmaurice if I've got his name right.

Their clarity would not detract from the agile LaScala! 

How's you're kid doing with that nice bike now? Is it an extension of him yet, or separate from him?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

the bike is catching cobwebs. I hope the gas hasn't gone flat. I know the battery is dead.

----------------------------

the room I have my LS in is 11 X 25.. . because of traffic pattern, they are~6ft from either corner on the long wall. I sit on the opposite wall between them. They are toed in a LOT.  I might try setting them about 6 ft apart, right in front of the my chair. Simple to say. It will take, moving two tables, the tv, CD's and stereo

• Like 4

Geeze, he hasn't caught that freedom bug yet I guess!

Nothing like taking a machine like that on a good empty highway at 140 or lazily working safely through slow pokes at 70 either. Even slow around town was a thrill for me.

I recall you getting those through the K-network from MI to the SW where you are!

My story wasn't worth repeating.

Have you played any Cactus lately? I did. Thanks Again!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's been strange weather changes here . Now we had 2 weeks around 7 F, were looking forward to a white Christmas season and since today we have 54 F with very strong winds. A few years ago we had 70F on Christmas Eve , that was Christmas like Easter

• Like 4

8 hours ago, JohnJ said:

KLH, JBL and Infinity

You can get vintage speakers from all three brands here as well, is there anybody in our age group who´se not familliar with theses international brands ? In the 1970´s & 80´s every second home entertainment was equipped with Infinity or JBL here .   

• Like 4

On 12/18/2022 at 4:58 AM, MicroMara said:

It's been strange weather changes here

We are dipping a little below freezing at night, but this Thursday it is forecast to have lots of rain... and drop to 16F overnight and not get above 21-22 on Friday. Good thing we are off Friday through Monday.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Marvel said:

We are dipping a little below freezing at night, but this Thursday it is forecast to have lots of rain... and drop to 16F overnight and not get above 21-22 on Friday. Good thing we are off Friday through Monday.

Yes, we're in the same climate zone.

Low teens this weekend and graphical snowflakes on Friday's box. Brought out my base layer today so I don't have to run the heat a lot!

• Like 2

We have temperatures around 45 F , it has been raining hard , because of the cold the last 2 weeks the ground was frozen. The rain has formed an extremely large amount of ice. We had thousands of traffic accidents today because flash ice has formed on the roads . For Christmas we expect temperature around 60F and a lot of rain.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

We have a BINGO! I'm back!  hahahaha  :)

Weather? lol  It's cold as balls here now.  22F but going down to 10 or so this wkend.  Only advice I have on that is don't move a small heater too close to your feet if you have neuropathy!  Good news last week was "only a couple more montns."  So yea, about 5 months total maybe.  Totally sucks put I'm healing SLOWLY, which is a good thing for me.  A pretty amazing watch of how the body can heal.   :)

@grasshopperWednesday is right around the corner so lock down and release the crocs in the moat around your place.  :)  Might wanna tune up that bike up in case you and the wife have to hit the road North in a hurry.

@TarheelYou were absolutely spot on w/the KLH speakers.  I opted for the Infinity Ref Standard 2.5's, which Arnie said would be all I needed.  They're ANOTHER project on the list of things to do.  Everything's here just have to grab a couple more things.  NO idea where I'm gonna put them.  Yet.   :)

Youngest is coming in from Phoenix tomorrow and slipping here Wednesday.  I'm on schedule kinda maybe.  The McIntosh receiver, Thorens table and my Heresy have been relocated to my dining room, which adjoins the living room in an L-shape.  My PrimaLuna integrated, Linn table, LS and JBL twin 18 sub cab look pretty nice right now in the living room. Pics to follow once I get the 5 piles of lp's put away IF I have room!  lol

• Like 4

Well, that’s going to be a fun weekend.

The kids are hoping we get some snow out of it for Christmas, that’s their excuse for telling my in-laws  they don’t want to visit anyway.

333176C2-8A2D-48EB-B856-D48214BD885D.thumb.jpeg.bd185d684088615924f174f6301449fb.jpeg

oh yeah, it’s almost Christmas.

We’ve got the tree up in the living room.

I wasn’t super happy with the look of the new LED mini bulbs I picked up for the tree but they have settled down a little bit now that they have been in for a while.

I’ve got a bunch of vintage C9 lights I might put up on the fence out in the yard as well.

I’ll get a picture later.

• Like 5

I´m somehow not yet in the Christmas mood, my son has been home for 10 days, he has a bad flu and will not go back to school after the Christmas vacations in January 2023. My daughter actually wanted to go to Munich with a friend , but the friend is sick . That's why my daughter is also in a bad mood. My wife and I work all day and have not had time for Christmas preparations. In addition, I have since yesterday slight fever, my son has probably infected me ...Merry Christmas   😂🤣😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4