Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

18 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

I´m somehow not yet in the Christmas mood, my son has been home for 10 days, he has a bad flu and will not go back to school after the Christmas vacations in January 2023. My daughter actually wanted to go to Munich with a friend , but the friend is sick . That's why my daughter is also in a bad mood. My wife and I work all day and have not had time for Christmas preparations. In addition, I have since yesterday slight fever, my son has probably infected me ...Merry Christmas   😂🤣😂

That’s rough.

One of my five kiddos had the flu last week but is all better now. My oldest had the flu a month ago and we are hoping that the rest of us have already been exposed enough where we aren’t going to get it.

• Like 4

Hey Dave....I have the PrimaLuna integrated too.  Mine is the HP version with 8 power tubes (currently KT-120s).  Also have the original octet of EL-34s.

No colds or flu here yet.  Don't know which of my supplements to credit but I take a ton of them.  Maybe it's the vitamin C or Elderberry?  Anyway you ailing folks get better soon.

LF and I used the new hot tub last night at 38 degrees temp outside.  Getting down to 22 degrees Saturday.

So what feast are you guys planning?  Christmas Eve we are going to copy a recipe I saw on the food channel.....a whole side of Salmon on a bed of Shallots and citrus slices.  Picked up a standing rib roast for Christmas day.  On sale at Publix for $5.79/lb.

Enjoy your coffee.........

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tarheel said:

LF and I used the new hot tub last night at 38 degrees temp outside.  Getting down to 22 degrees Saturday.

Hot tubs are great up here in the winter.  Skinny dippin in the middle of winter always works.  It's just getting back inside w/o freezing to death when you get out.  I remember one Xmas I was done runnin on the 23rd so slipped out to take a dip.  Water was cool and I realized the pump was toast in the middle of a snowstorm.  Yup, drained and blew all the lines out and kissed off my "me" time" while freezing to death.  Next spring I added another reserve pump in line.  One dies, ya fire the other up.  Don't know how cold you get but it's something to think about.  Keep life simple cause that was a pita for sure.  :)

Scotch huh?  hahaha  March???  😂

20221220-125923.jpg

Gotta love those RBLS but a table top they're not!    :)

7 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Almost 10 million people are currently on sick leave and can´t  work. That is over 10% of the total german population.

THAT would totally suck!  Hitting here in the US  pretty hard.  Perhaps another COVID mutation?  Lots are catching Covid w/a positive test then you're clean and BOOM you have the flu about 3 days after you're done with the Covid.  Brutal to say the least.  Stay safe brother cause it's not going anywhere soon imo.  :)

• Like 5

Long time ago that I had a bourbon, scotch, single malt, malt , grain, rye,corn, straight or single barrel malt  😐

Have finished drinking wiskeys a long time ago , prefer red wines from france, italy, spain or portugal today. That´s fine for me .

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Had some of those Ryes and then the $$$Scotch back in the day and I'm done with that. 

Had one wine in all my life that I'd buy if I knew where to find that same vintage. It was in the mid 80s New Years Eve. Robert Mondavi Chenin Blanc.

Now it's simple.

KY Bourbon.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Long time ago that I had a bourbon, scotch, single malt, malt , grain, rye,corn, straight or single barrel malt  😐

Have finished drinking wiskeys a long time ago , prefer red wines from france, italy, spain or portugal today. That´s fine for me .

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I think venison is on the menu for us.

...shopping? I'll be one of those last minute shoppers. It will be fun watching the shoppers, in a panic, not finding what they are looking for... or don't know what to get.

the weather forecast is Chamber of Commerce... 70`F... NO! I do not miss or want snow/cold.

Ya know that the song White Christmas is a lament from someone who moved to LA....and think that they miss all of that.

... given a choice, they would take 70` and sunny.

• Haha 4

My flu is under control, the slight fever is gone also. Beeing in a better mood now , days off till january 9th. 2023. Was in a record store this morning , couldn´t believe the prices for new releases . Everage price for vinyl is between 35 to 40 € now ! Sometimes I think that the vinyl industry has to compensate the losses caused by streaming platforms to pay the musicians their license fees.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, grasshopper said:

making up the $$$ they "lost" when cassette tapes and CDs got popular

what you´ve said is absolutely correct. But at that time we had physical material in our hands and the tapes and CD's were ours . They filled our shelves. Nowadays you only buy and pay data on the streaming platforms, the music is no longer yours, you just borrow it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2