Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Long John Baldry from the looks of it!

Cold Christmas for me down here. Sat and Sun we're below freezing for highs. Tomorrows low is 8, high 24 and breezy.

Yeaa, youse guys can laugh;) but that's chilly for the south!

For sure ain't warming, just fluctuations like their has always been with evidence from those core samples back when scientists weren't paid big bucks for their articles. Yep Nat Geo was real good back then.

Put a set of old sheets that the strings started coming out of the edges over the freegin sheers (why gals think they are curtains I will never understand). It's working better now, I think canvas works good.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, grasshopper said:

was digging thru my vinyl

for no particular reason

I worked with a Long John Baldry tour back in the days ,   on 1 event , the show was extended by 2 days ,  the band drank  more booze than the pay   .

I aint even talking of the bl.....w, sm......k , gr......s , ha......h , sp......d  and everything else  in between or  the  wild partying  which went on till the next morning  for several days non-stop   :rolleyes:  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, OO1 said:

I worked with a Long John Baldry tour back in the days ,   on 1 event , the show was extended by 2 days ,  the band drank  more booze than the pay   .

I aint even talking of the bl.....w, sm......k , gr......s , ha......h , sp......d  and everything else  in between or  the  wild partying  which went on till the next morning  for several days non-stop   :rolleyes:  

Yep, that sounds like the 70s I barely survived!

• Like 4

another rainy day here , 50F, dark grey outside. Discovered a brand new vinyl record store in my hometown this morning , opened yesterday , could not resist to buy more vinyl  😂 . Enjoy my third Latte Macchiato right now , washed some vinyl , spinning records , living can be so simple and wonderful

• Like 3

Afternoon Guys!

It's after 1pm here down to 22f and that's as warm as it's getting today. Had 50mph wind overnight, branches down but that hundred year old oak is still standing:smile:

Just got my last cup of the first pot today, if I go out again there will be a second. It's more hot doing it this way since I have to boil the water on the stove and my Bunn is over a decade old. Tried to get a pic of the inside of the glass Thermos `cause it had the coffee still steaming hours later!

PXL-20221223-180840616.jpg

• Like 2

Merry Christmas to all the CCC&C gang.  Have a great holiday!

The LF and I exchange one present each.  She gets a 5 pound box of See's candy from California and I got a half gallon of Elijah Craig bourbon.  Old CCC&C member minermark got us hooked on the See's when he gifted us a box. 

All the fixings have been purchased for both big meals so little left to do.  Swanky the Norwich Terrier will get prime rib left overs.

Winter is here and will be 19 by morning Christmas eve. 

Landscaping crew worked half a day landscaping by the hot tub deck.  Looks good.

Cheers........

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Cookin?  I've been down an out in Beverly Hills for the past couple days.  Picked up the flu that's hammering people.  Wasn't too bad just out of it for a coupe days.  Just light headed for the most part but I'm like that on a daily basis.  :)  -6 earlier, factor in the 30 mph winds and it's a balmy -29 outside "they" say.  

Both my girls were here yesterday on some kind of treasure hunt I think.  They're funny as heck when you get them together.  Raping my wallet and snagging family heirlooms and other stuff.  They're finally figuring out what kind of hoarder and scrounge I really am.  lol  

Sounds like you have a battle plan already Tarheel.  No doubt that swankster is gonna have another Christmas feast.  I know you're slicin off those lil pieces of that prime and feeding him under the table.  lol

Happy Holidays to everyone and stay safe & warm.  

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

I think we're having venison.

We are going shopping tomorrow. Told wife that I am not making an expedition of it.  

I want a couple strings of LEDs... to light the back of our pantry shelves. Some lite Christmas shopping. I'm not making it a life or death thing. If they don't have what I want... oh well. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Morning gang, Christmas Eve,  -1°, just finished some eggs over easy, sweet potato hash browns, and chicken sausage. Now enjoying the French roast from Starbucks that was on sale at Costco for $13.99.  Christmas tunes on the Cornwalls this morning. 

Speaking of cocktails,  met a friend at a speakeasy this last week for a drink or two.  Had a smoke old fashion that was smooth and nice to drink.

For Christmas dinner I'll be firing the Big Green Egg up for some brisket and ham, having the family over, which hopefully results in us down at the bar in the basement with cocktails and music on the big rig.

20221224_091226.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1