Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

smilie_xmas_097.gif to the KC .

8.45pm here, we finished the holy evening dinner two hours ago . I was the chief and cooked the whole meal in the kitchen. Was a hard job , took more than 4 hours . I´m full now and don´t want to move again. I lay on the sofa streaming international christmas music , not loud just as backround music . This tune is called " rejoice christ child is coming soon "

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Just finished prep on the roast.  Poked holes and inserted garlic, covered all sides in Kerrygold Irish butter, Susie Q spice blend, garlic and Rosemary blend.  Cut off the bone and tied at the butcher's shop.  

I do the 500 degree method for 30 minutes, turn off oven and do not open the door till 120 internal temp, rest for 30 min.

Seems to work well.......

• Like 6

@Tarheelsometime when ya get creative put the finishing touch to it.  Slice and dice some carrots, celery and onion for in the catch pan.  Then pour a small bottle of Mateus over the roast, cover and fire things up.  Let it go for a few hours in the oven basting whenever just don't ignore it.  Crazy what a few veggies  and a bottle of Mateus can do to a standing rib..  It'll make those apple plates look stellar!  :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

we've had a quiet day. The kids came and went.

I fixed a venison roast. It came out good. I expect them back for some.

gathered up some wood ... put some in the wheelbarrow ... and was coming back to the house when I came across a rattlesnake sunning. Little one. 3 rattles. I guess it hatched last year. It won't see its birthday.  It had an unfortunate collision with a shovel.

life in the desert

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Little one. 3 rattles. I guess it hatched last year. It won't see its birthday.  It had an unfortunate collision with a shovel.

it´s not a dessert here , but we have a lot of Ringneck Snakes living here.  When I mow the lawn, it happens from time to time that a snake is in the lawn. Unfortunately, they do not survive the sharp blades of the lawn mower.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, grasshopper said:

we've had a quiet day. The kids came and went.

I fixed a venison roast. It came out good. I expect them back for some.

gathered up some wood ... put some in the wheelbarrow ... and was coming back to the house when I came across a rattlesnake sunning. Little one. 3 rattles. I guess it hatched last year. It won't see its birthday.  It had an unfortunate collision with a shovel.

life in the desert

Why did you kill it?

We have Copperheads around here and they have a bad attitude. I don't kill them. We have Timber Rattlers too. Leave them alone as well. They mean me no harm unless I f*&k with them and I don't. Treat them with a healthy respect. Going on 64 and haven't been bitten yet.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, geezin' said:

Why did you kill it?

We have Copperheads around here and they have a bad attitude. I don't kill them. We have Timber Rattlers too. Leave them alone as well. They mean me no harm unless I f*&k with them and I don't. Treat them with a healthy respect. Going on 64 and haven't been bitten yet.

I understand...we have a 5 and 7 year old running around. I am all for leaving them alone. They will go away... but for the children

• Like 2