Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Do hope everyone's well or getting better now. Took a vacation from the pc, except for music. Holidays aren't the best for me lately so I just kept my merino base layer on because 60 at the thermostat is more like 57 everywhere else in this hundred year old place.

Using hundred watt hybrids for the past while. With the gain up it's 200w into 4 ohms... but I've got 8 and split with the sub it is good. Don't need `em turned up more than halfway most of the time.

https://www.amazon.com/Douk-Audio-Amplifier-Subwoofer-Full-Frequency/dp/B08R3QN896

They were cheap a couple years ago, but with better tubes they are real nice to the baby Klipsch.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Again a day on which I don´t want to leave the house , extremely strong wind , wet cold . Am just p****d off at my daughter. I was just building new power cables and was waiting for the delivery of the plugs, these were delivered, were in the mailbox but my daughter just took them with her as she drove past the mailbox. Now she went shopping with the plugs and I have to wait until the lady is back here to finish the cable works smilie_devil_008.gif

• Haha 4

On 12/24/2022 at 7:20 AM, geezin' said:

Well Merry Christmas to me. Woke up to no water. Pipes frozen. Supply shut off and water heater too. Dammit. I have to work  so it'll be a few days before I have water at home.

Well I've returned to the 19th century. I have hot and cold running water again. I gotta take some steps to insure this doesn't happen again.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

My first winter in this house. It's rural. The water system has the ability to be run by a generator. And I've 2 sources,a well and a spring. All it takes is a couple valves and turn on a different pump. But frozen water presents issues it cannot cope with. I need to fix that. I'll be able to go "off grid" in the next year or so.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, geezin' said:

My first winter in this house. It's rural. The water system has the ability to be run by a generator. And I've 2 sources,a well and a spring. All it takes is a couple valves and turn on a different pump. But frozen water presents issues it cannot cope with. I need to fix that. I'll be able to go "off grid" in the next year or so.

Where vIbyage been live jgv as guilt in 1910;

Things werea bit different then

• Like 1

21 hours ago, geezin' said:

I gotta take some steps to insure this doesn't happen again.

Life's been good huh?  I musta heard that song at least a million times from those guys over the years.  Kinda partial to this version only cause the stage is small.   :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I won't be able to go to sleep until it quiets down at 1 or 2 tonight! All the guests from central america set off BIG fireworks for birthdays, mayday, Christmas and ever since it got dark this eve at least 40 to 60 biguns an hour here!

Got a pair of NYStrips this morning for a decent $9/lb the skinny one got to rare and I put it in a second cornbread (qt buttermilk makes two) plus my veggies weren't going to last forever. Better one is in the fridge for tomorrow.

• Like 3