Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, Dave1291 said:

@grasshopperher name wasn't Abby was it?  3AM mumbling and mesmerized by it all:)

😂

When you see the Spoon Lady prepping her spoons to sound just right, you think she might be a professional, but once she starts playing, there’s no doubt that she is a very skilled pro.  Also, I like the guitarist’s foot tambourine.  It adds just that right little bit of rhythm.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/6/2023 at 12:51 PM, babadono said:

I love the peace and QUIET where I live. I have gotten so used to it that it is hard to come to work. I have told my bosses on several occasions.....what? you expect me to be able to think? with all this noise?..not @67 almost 68

Noisy at work? My trade was not quiet. Not the worst... but, it is pretty loud in the back of a bowling alley. 

When I get home, though.

When I first moved to Kauai, I had a street side apt on Rice St [main street] in Lihue. Get home at 3AM... ears just quit ringing.... and the street noise would start

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I had a job testing communication equipment/tolerances ... don't worry. I was the guy on the end that said "I heard that"....

our "shop" was at the start end on the runway at Tucson International Airport... in a "sound-proof" trailer, with headphones. It worked pretty good until the Air National Guard world line up 2 X 2 and see how fast they could get airborne. The whole trailer would, I guess, pressurize.... You couldn't hear [or see] because the trailer shook so hard.

some years later... I realized they were working on digital comm. Some of the "samples" sounded like a person talking underwater...in bubbles.

• Haha 2

Uh... no thanks. I can send ya to LaPorte, IN, though. It's between Chicago and South Bend, IN. Lots of lake effect. 

I almost got some quiet after getting back. I had Friday... during the day. Wife went into her storage and did some sorting/sifting... and gave me the house. She did this on purpose, mind you. I listened to music, did some cleaning, made bread....

Then wife went to play bingo with her sister. The phone rings... it's my other SIL... she's coming down from Tucson. She got here at 11PM. Would have been earlier... except she cannot find the correct exit from the interstate. She is getting better. She used to not know until she got to the BorderPatrol checkpoint, 10 mile south of the correct exit.  Now... she is getting confused by a round-a-bout on the frontage road.  

Been eating good. Brought a piece of cow [prime rib] home with me... and a side of smoked salmon. Both go fine with fresh bread. And some home grown, vine ripened, freshly picked tomato. 

The tomatoes are house plants for the time. They volunteered late last summer. I potted them.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Uh... no thanks. I can send ya to LaPorte, IN, though. It's between Chicago and South Bend, IN. Lots of lake effect. 

I almost got some quiet after getting back. I had Friday... during the day. Wife went into her storage and did some sorting/sifting... and gave me the house. She did this on purpose, mind you. I listened to music, did some cleaning, made bread....

Then wife went to play bingo with her sister. The phone rings... it's my other SIL... she's coming down from Tucson. She got here at 11PM. Would have been earlier... except she cannot find the correct exit from the interstate. She is getting better. She used to not know until she got to the BorderPatrol checkpoint, 10 mile south of the correct exit.  Now... she is getting confused by a round-a-bout on the frontage road.  

Been eating good. Brought a piece of cow [prime rib] home with me... and a side of smoked salmon. Both go fine with fresh bread. And some home grown, vine ripened, freshly picked tomato. 

The tomatoes are house plants for the time. They volunteered late last summer. I potted them.

My little brother and his wife are in LaPorte.

I don’t recall him ever complaining about the weather.

• Like 2

Saturday night we made some spam rolls.

6EADA418-D8A4-4ACC-9B88-C97E3AB5F6A1.thumb.jpeg.0436878ba1272f7ac0320c001030c065.jpeg

BED08B96-DEBA-4076-BD05-82C01552C977.thumb.jpeg.74a296c30b3820591bda4ca23e6533be.jpeg

7EF62484-AB02-4B05-AAA1-FC88E5C75484.thumb.jpeg.c65eb1590728f1c4c4af42ba677d9fa3.jpeg

they tasted great but were way to much sodium.

Last night I made some salmon and asparagus with no added salt.

It still had plenty of flavor and it didn’t make me feel like my blood pressure was going to take off.

0B96D9A5-2F9B-44D7-ACDC-48849EFD023E.thumb.jpeg.a164c73a20a10e98c0e2765a8faf6779.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Eight 8 ounce glasses of water takes some doing though.

Youngest daughter drinks a gallon of water a day.  Started that when she got into high school sports, then it was Ohio State hoops.  Today?  She still drags a one gallon milk jug out every day full of water.  Crazy.   

The sushi?  Not in my lifetime.  Raw fish is meant for cats and bigger fish imo.  Spam?  Just gimme a couple cans and I'll break out my trusty P-38 when I'm starvin.  :)

BTW, are we out of donuts in this place again?  Asking for a friend.  :)

• Haha 3

Spam was ok a few times, but I never had it with the Japanese treatment! I liked that similar canned corned beef with brown mustard. Still do once a year or so.

This eve it's tomato, garlic, olives and a little more! First meal today so it's three bowls.

PXL-20230109-204412835.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

The sushi?  Not in my lifetime.  Raw fish is meant for cats and bigger fish imo.  Spam?  Just gimme a couple cans and I'll break out my trusty P-38 when I'm starvin.  :)

actually... Yes. Sushi is a generic term for anything wrapped in rice...Spam included. Those spam musubi are not bad. I've eaten plenty of them.

sashimi is raw fish/seafood... exclusively. uni is not a fish... sea urchin.

an interesting paradox in HI

They like the meat cooked.... seriously cooked... but, will eat most any fish raw

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, grasshopper said:

spam musubi. a breakfast staple on Kauai

@Tarheel

bourbon and water would make 8 glasses of water easier....

people in LaPorte don't complain... they don't brag, either People in IN don't brag on their weather, in general. Nothing to brag on

Ooooh! Number 2 son is in LaPorte. He went to Valparaiso and ended up marrying into the community.

We like spam, too, and the lower sodium version is still pretty good. Of course most Filipinos are ok with spam, unless they are totally turning their backs on the culture. (Even though the spam arrived with our troops...)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1