Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

5 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

I'd like to hear Felix's vocals with Benatar's band....

THAT would be an interesting listen even with your doors closed.  lol  If it was 61 outside I'd be pi$$in off the neighbors.  Gotta air this place out.  😂

• Like 1

we just got over 3 or 4 days of grey and rain. It topped out at 50 today.

Wife had a Dr appt. While she was in, I went to the grocery. I had a good time. 

Made veggie lasagna tonight. Mushrooms, spinach, bell pepper, onion, broccoli, zuke and a lot of cheese. I'm about to go into a food coma

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Sounds nice Willie, sure there's tomatos & basil too!

You got your greens in the ground already? It was the red sails lettuce and the turnip greens I always put in the ground first.

fresh basil. tomato, S&P, oregano, cumin,parsley

a little too early for gardening, yet. We're gonna see low 20's. It's tough here. Too warm and too cold in the same day. When we get passed hard freezes, it will be hitting 80 during the day

cilantro does handle the cold. It can frost and roar back. I like buttercrunch lettuce. Doesn't get bitter with the heat. I come from the part of the country that eats the other end of the turnip. LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

YUMMY! Vegetables can be made into great entrees sometimes!

Guess you were talking about the other kind of gardening the other day.

Got weed(s)? :D

Or maybe flowers.

Way over here it's mid March at the earliest when we can do veggie seeds.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, JohnJ said:

YUMMY! Vegetables can be made into great entrees sometimes!

Guess you were talking about the other kind of gardening the other day.

Got weed(s)? :D

Or maybe flowers.

Way over here it's mid March at the earliest when we can do veggie seeds.

Care to share some recipes or where they may be found? Meat prices have got me seeking alternatives.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, geezin' said:

Care to share some recipes or where they may be found? Meat prices have got me seeking alternatives.

I hear ya bro!

Out of bambi myself!

💥

Jar of PB - tablespoon

Pecans or lesser nuts

*Eggs

Pintos - w/cheese in a dip with tortilla chips

Blackeyes in a pan with onions + cornbread & turnip greens (with the turnips)

gettin' involved here

Big chunks, like almost 1" cubed of a big sandwich tomato (Bigger or Better Boy, Beefsteak...) 1/2 a grn, red, orange bell pepper (or the little sweet ones) 1/2 a big cooking onion (yellow) or Vidalia if the "yellows" are pointed on one end and actually white f- gmo's

Add Feta, blk olives then go one of two directions: olive oil, fresh lemon juice, oregano like my lifetime Greek neighbor put on everything

Or put Greek dressing on it and eat with a good hard crust bread!

It's better if you let it set for a couple hours in the fridge before you wolf it down.

I can't eat it after dark without Alka-Seltzer.

If you're  H O N G R Y!

this is D*mn Good! but it takes a while

Where it states mayo??  That means Dukes nothing sugary is supposed to be in here!

Tomato-Pie.png

Edited by JohnJ
* can't believe I left eggs out!
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, geezin' said:

My lasagna recipe is pretty simple. It isn't a cheap build, though. 

a box of button mushrooms. 1 red bell pepper. 1 medium/large onion.  1 medium size zuke. 1 broccoli crown 2 cans petite dice tomatoes, 1 can tomato sauce. Salt, pepper, cumin, basil, oregano, parsley. 

slice/dice veggies and saute in olive oil. Add tomato, herbs/spices and about 1/2 can of water. Simmer 30 min [or so]

Spinach - however you get it. can/frozen/fresh. 

1 #3[?] bag of shredded mozzarella, a large carton of cottage cheese, ricotta is not readily available, 

stir one egg and a generous amt of parsley in the cottage cheese.

Assembly

Layer lasagna noodles -[ no need to buy "oven ready", plain ol' work just fine....no need to cook the pasta first. It will absorb liquid from the sauce.]- with sauce cottage cheese, spinach and mozzarella.... and then the next layer of pasta...3 layers deep

should fill a deep 9 X 13 + a little... cover and bake @350`F 45min to an hour. When it starts bubbling.

------------------------------------

If you expand the sauce a little, not very much, you can fill a 9 X 9 pan also....

• Like 3

Mornin' all

Frosty this AM....

boy got the water pump in his truck. He has an "extra bolt".... and lost a short 1/4" 24 for the fan. He ran into one bolt "being too long" by a quarter inch or so... It bottomed out 1/8 inch before it contacted the pump....

I kinda had to tell him ,"I told you so" after warning him several times.

I did commend him for doing the work. We have yet to see how well it holds water. 

I suspect the "extra" bolt goes to a bracket.... attached at 2 points, one being point being a bolt on the water pump. IDK

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/19/2023 at 9:33 AM, JohnJ said:

I hear ya bro!

Out of bambi myself!

💥

Jar of PB - tablespoon

Pecans or lesser nuts

*Eggs

Pintos - w/cheese in a dip with tortilla chips

Blackeyes in a pan with onions + cornbread & turnip greens (with the turnips)

gettin' involved here

Big chunks, like almost 1" cubed of a big sandwich tomato (Bigger or Better Boy, Beefsteak...) 1/2 a grn, red, orange bell pepper (or the little sweet ones) 1/2 a big cooking onion (yellow) or Vidalia if the "yellows" are pointed on one end and actually white f- gmo's

Add Feta, blk olives then go one of two directions: olive oil, fresh lemon juice, oregano like my lifetime Greek neighbor put on everything

Or put Greek dressing on it and eat with a good hard crust bread!

It's better if you let it set for a couple hours in the fridge before you wolf it down.

I can't eat it after dark without Alka-Seltzer.

If you're  H O N G R Y!

this is D*mn Good! but it takes a while

Where it states mayo??  That means Dukes nothing sugary is supposed to be in here!

Tomato-Pie.png

Dukes!

just a normal shopping trip to make sure I don’t run out during the snow next week.A0BC9C4B-DD35-4F80-BD39-FD9DB69C0CF9.thumb.jpeg.d2854f078b22203d5378d57d74adc87b.jpeg

• Haha 5