Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

44 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Just for you @JohnA  It was just a "Three Hour Tour!"  😂  😂

:)

Three?

It should only take that long back and forth. But with those youngins swerving three and four lanes over? Without even a turn signal?(what are those sticks sticking out of the wheel?)

Sometimes they just get run over.

Must be every time I'm on I-85 the last couple years. Not a cloud in the sky today several wrecks on the way up. Northbound was closed for a big-un on the way back. Then the 20 min from the hwy to the hood... That road was closed with lots of blue lights up around the bend.

My lungs are clear, just the sinus' snot left now.

• Like 2

That was "The" car chase for a few years, silly and still the biggest.

"Ronin" with a former favorite actor of mine was better.

"C" is for Chase 

This one has way less rocket launchers and guns than the other chase in the flic!!

* Plus the first wrong-way chase I'd ever seen... talk about vehicular choreography! 

Edited by JohnJ
  • Haha 1

On 1/26/2023 at 10:47 PM, Invidiosulus said:

I bought some new hot sauces yesterday.

The kids and I sampled them and thought they tasted pretty good.

However my old standby ghost pepper sauce on the right is still the hottest of what I currently have.0949533B-2D79-4ADB-92CB-0AED2B4EBD59.thumb.jpeg.fef3808512ff8607c60b8a715237e1ab.jpeg

Scoville units for your fave are ??

On 1/27/2023 at 3:31 PM, JohnJ said:

That was "The" car chase for a few years, silly and still the biggest.

...and wrecked the most cars...

...until Blues Brothers 2000

gardening bug got me.

we get a few days of nice weather. I have some spring bulb type flowers going off and things are greening up... close to the ground. 

I planted some Brandywine tomato seeds.  Those plants I brought in for the winter are showing new growth. I have no idea what variety they are... but know a few of what they are not. Kiwano melons are back on the list this year. $6ea at the grocery... and they seem to do well here. Best description I have for them is "prehistoric cucumber".  All the spines you see on baby cukes grow and become sharper on these.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

So we add another "C" to the thread?  lol

naaa, just interchange them a bit!

Ringo's Goodnight Vienna short song

Edited by JohnJ
on second thought, there's triggers in that one
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, GWSmith said:

Scoville units for your fave are ??

No idea.

A brief search online indicates that Tropical Pepper Co. may now be the same company as the Woodstock sauces. 
I don’t think the recipe seems the same between the two ghost pepper sauces though.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Invidiosulus said:

Some local Scotch Ale.

A nice brown ale to match the “walnut” color coat I’m brushing on.D6E5DA95-A1A4-4357-AE2B-446DEFF2222C.thumb.jpeg.f5f9c1eb32d3af6b379d7cb7da4ea801.jpeg

5CD1CBCE-1412-4C99-B26F-1E8F4A357067.thumb.jpeg.c7e02d30395ae23cb3715d8d83fbd8ca.jpeg

and of course I’ve got the shop Klipsch playing some music.

The little Tangent 10 are great for this size shop, 8’x12’.

61208BF7-5E65-44CA-927D-BFC5640401A5.thumb.jpeg.976e3ba2ecf3ad87be69b8f3cf0262b5.jpeg

Is that the RA100 hanging between the speakers?

Threw a pair of KG-4's on a new Yammer receiver in the garage just for giggles.  Needed some moosic while I was sorting junk and cleaning.  Works pretty well for the guy across the street too when I'm out there hangin.   The sorting and cleaning?  Yea, still on my list.  :)

Temps a dropping so I'm heading out for groceries.  Then hole up w/this stack of new vinyl I have to unzip.  Might change the furnace filter at some point since I can't remember changing it this fall.  hahaha  Should look great when I pull it out.  :)

• Like 3

wish I lived closer....

we are going to have a half of a side of beef [I'm wondering how this is going to work]... but, the price is right...free. Not to range cow that they are butchering while it can still walk to the corral... A young animal. Grass fed for 2 months... this will prove to be interesting

Hang on to your hats! I have a couple speaker related questions

1] How much difference does corner loading speakers make?

2] When placing bookshelf speakers... Does it make much difference if the speaker is on a stand as opposed to a shelf? I supposed this is more relevant with rear ported models

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Invidiosulus said:

Smoked some butts yesterday.

Two of em are coming with me to Statesville for lunch after our dept meeting today.05CADCF6-ADCA-429B-8653-99C7E23DE37C.thumb.jpeg.b8ad0e6d11e62a6781e44f952065946a.jpeg

3 hours ago, grasshopper said:

wish I lived closer....

we are going to have a half of a side of beef [I'm wondering how this is going to work]... but, the price is right...free. Not to range cow that they are butchering while it can still walk to the corral... A young animal. Grass fed for 2 months... this will prove to be interesting

Hang on to your hats! I have a couple speaker related questions

1] How much difference does corner loading speakers make?

2] When placing bookshelf speakers... Does it make much difference if the speaker is on a stand as opposed to a shelf? I supposed this is more relevant with rear ported models

I wrapped a newspaper 'round my head So I looked like I was deep I said some mumbo-jumbo, then I told him he was going to sleep I robbed his rings and pocketwatch And everything else I found I had that sucker hypnotized He couldn't even make a sound I proceeded to tell him his future, then As long as he was hanging around I said the price of meat has just gone up And your old lady has just gone down

• Haha 3

That pork looks better than mine today.

But I'm good... baked some thin chops in lipton onion soup, made mashed potatos and peas... had coffee & pear halves with a blob of mayo and a little grated cheddar on top for dessert.

@grasshopper Made a big difference with my old sealed Heresy IIs. You can take that to the bank.

Even though they didn't fit in a corner like K-Horns do it seemed to amplify both the spl and imaging some. I did not like them off the ground even though I tried it a couple times. It impeded their good sound pressure.

Always liked my L & R to be as far apart as possible so I gravitate to the corner placement. The RP600s are more than 2' off the ground to get their sound past obstacles to the back wall. Just pulled the sweet spot all the way back to this side of the room since I usually sit at the desk and they line up with my shoulder height well.

• Like 3