Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

we will be basking today.... 75`

and cutting meat. The beef is coming today. I can see a bit of scrambling to make space for it all. Think we may need to drop the temp in the fridge in the cottage and make it a freezer We will prolly be making some jerky, too.

Boy is wrestling with his emotions.... he's been feeding the cow up for the last 2 months and it sorta turned to a pet.  Can't say I would feel different.  Funny that I have any feelings whatsoever about killing fish

• Like 3

Got up this morning and dropped my eldest off to volunteer at the food pantry at our church.

Then I came back to the house and picked up the top pieces for the new altar rail and went back to meet the guys and gals that have been helping with the project.

Almost done, just one short piece to finish up for the right side and I’ll be able to get back to speaker projects in my shop.

0EC39E4D-A985-435E-9F02-F1925BDF5931.thumb.jpeg.70acf6378600a5a1ed05d24c87294051.jpeg

Right now it’s time for a nap and then I’ll make some chili this afternoon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@grasshopperTough killing his pet cow but he's trying to justify it.  He's thinking there will be 20 steaks.  lol  The first quarter beef I got for the oldest daughter was like that.  "Where's all the steaks Dad"  Funny watching her process the small amount of steak compared to the rest of the cuts.  Now she's got it figured out.  Grab the stuff you'll cook and eat then the rest goes to burger.  Either patties or 1# bags.  Simple. 

Fishin I'm still trying to figure that out.  I just can't comprehend why fish jump on those hooks.  :) 

0EC39E4D-A985-435E-9F02-F1925BDF5931.thumb.jpeg.70acf6378600a5a1ed05d24c87294051.jpeg

Amazing now that it's together.  Beautiful job because you've done it the right way.  Not many do anymore.  The pads are great on all those knees.  Just no words. BTW, take tomorrow off  :)

@InvidiosulusNOW I got it added for ya.  Sitting here listening to this and plum forgot about adding ya and pulled the trigger.

Maybe someday...       :)

• Like 3

....if you are a fish and I'm around, you should consider yourself in harm's way. 

I got surprised this AM

wife was at the water board meeting...

... and 2 little girls appeared w/o me being notified prior. our grand and boy's LF's 

Asked them if they had eaten breakfast

"No"

.....I gave them leftover [from last night] homemade pizza

...and got a wife approval after.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Okay you boys get polished up for tomorrow the 9th anniversary of CCC&C.  No reading in your skivves and slick your hair back a bit (those that still have hair).  A good old time with gifts and prizes some as nice as oldtimers toaster!

:D HA!

I built my pc without cameras, don't fret.

Microphones? Not confident about the motherboard...

I'm camera shy anyhow since that big ugly stick got to me sometime in my sleep in the past decade.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

getting a side of beef is cool. We have meat for a good while.

No described cuts, though. Meat-cutting is a skill none of us have. We have chunks of meat. We are going to try to be a little more scientific when we get to the ribs cage/back.

Wife made a roast last night. It was good and tender, too. Wife didn't eat the meat. She'd been wrappin/packing and didn't, really want to look at meat.... and that was just the hind leg.

• Like 4

Well heck I did most of the S's and even cut the hair around my ears again. Only been a week since the haircut.

Like I discovered when I moved to FL, I think the constant higher humidity make my hair and nails grow faster. Should snip them while it's warmer... it will be 50 today. I do them outside `cause I'd rather not spend time vacuuming/cleaning.

• Haha 3

I have a day kinda planned for me. Round 2 of meat-cutting 101. Then I get to drive 50 miles. Wife rides the bus to school and I pick her up as she needs to do some things after it leaves.

... and it gets me out of the house.

Haircuts...

Mine is starting to get in my eyes after I buzzed it off. When it starts bothering me too much.... the clippers will come out. Might be a year or three.

• Haha 3