Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

anyone here ever cut up a side of beer?

me either

kinda like filleting a fish... but, different.  a lot more moving parts.

and you need a saw.

the ribcage/back broke down pretty easy

tomahawk steaks were impressive. I split the vertebrae to make t-bone/porterhouse. The portions are dinosaur size. 3 inches thick. more of a roast than a steak. 

We have a bunch of meat. Was doing the math....we have a pound a day for 6 months or so. Our freezer is FULL

Been eyeballing the smoker/grill the boy left. Basically 2] 30 gallon drums.....and to make jerky. That is easy. Real easy, here. ... a few hours on the clothesline LOL

• Haha 4

Hmmm two days w/nada in here? 

Ok @grasshopper you've either OD'ed on all that beef or you're hanging out w/my daughter on the 16th @ the Waste Management open in Phoenix. 

I've been eyeballin the course while looking for her on 1the past couple day's and man that's one beautiful course!  Smack dab in the Land of Cactus! 

Funny how all those guys are puttin on the jackets as that sun starts down.  Crazy tourney for sure w/that.  The leaders finishing up today's round @745 in the morning?  That's a 545 start EST for Saturday's round?  Gonna be COLD!.  I'll still be checking my eyelids for holes then.  Looong day on the clock.  Crazy!

I told her to change her "Hello my name is" sticky label to not only include her name but add "Available for Superbowl" Sunday night since it's right next door.  :)    😂 

• Haha 3

been cooking beef.

Taking nondescript pieces/parts and cooking them down to shreds. And fresh bread... Need to try making tortillas .. again. First try wasn't too bad... but, left a lot of room for improvement

Had to take one of the cats to the vet. He banged his foot up. Turned out to be a cut between his toes. 

Brought him back with all four paws.

• Like 5

That's good about the cat, got some peppers to cook into the shredded beef? Heck I've used good salsa before. You were talking flour tortillas? Yea that's good for torts whether enchiladas or burritos. 

Almost 10p and I'm hungry now!

• Like 3

On 2/8/2023 at 10:15 AM, grasshopper said:

anyone here ever cut up a side of beer?

me either

kinda like filleting a fish... but, different.  a lot more moving parts.

and you need a saw.

the ribcage/back broke down pretty easy

tomahawk steaks were impressive. I split the vertebrae to make t-bone/porterhouse. The portions are dinosaur size. 3 inches thick. more of a roast than a steak. 

We have a bunch of meat. Was doing the math....we have a pound a day for 6 months or so. Our freezer is FULL

Been eyeballing the smoker/grill the boy left. Basically 2] 30 gallon drums.....and to make jerky. That is easy. Real easy, here. ... a few hours on the clothesline LOL

I used to have a guy in town that sold beef.

Actually he’s still there I just moved to a different town.

Anyway, one night we were at the farmers market and my now estranged wife gets it into her head that she wants to buy some beef liver.

Now, she’s always had a really hard time comprehending things that people were saying to her when she already had her mind made up about something and apparently purchasing some beef liver was one of those things.

So, she asks the guy if he has any liver to which he replies that he’s taking a cow in the next week and he’d be glad to sell us the liver pretty cheap.

That’s great, until he asks her how she wants it cut.

”Well I don’t want it cut”

”You want an entire beef liver in one piece?”

”Why wouldn’t I?”

”Well, it’s up to you, but I’m just saying it’s going to be a good sized piece of liver…”

”Well it had better be!”

A week later I stop by his shop to pick up the rest of the beef I had ordered and he comes out with the usual chuck roast, steaks, ground beef, etc.

The he goes back to the freezer and comes out with a large bag that makes a resounding thump as he sets it down on the counter.

”and here’s the 14lbs 9oz liver your wife ordered, all in one piece. Just the way she wanted it.”

I take the liver home and show it to the wife.

“Why is it so big!??”

“Because you told Jimmy you didn’t want him to cut it.”

“Well what am I supposed to do with 14lbs of liver!?”

”you asked for it, I’m sure you can figure something out.”

”but the chicken livers I bought weren’t that big!”

At this point I’m about to die of laughter and she couldn’t  seem to find the humor in the situation.

I ended up trading the giant liver to a buddy at the farmers market for several fresh chickens.

• Haha 6

12 hours ago, Invidiosulus said:

At this point I’m about to die of laughter and she couldn’t  seem to find the humor in the situation

Yuuuup, I know EXACTLY what you're talking about.  I had one the same way.  I'm STILL trying to figure out how mine managed to lock my daughter IN her car seat AND her car keys in the car.  Then the second time REALLY had me wondering.   Yup, you guessed it.  She did it a 3rd time.  Seriously?  Talk about signs?   Cops came out and unlocked it w/their lock jock every time.  Didn't call me for a key cause she knew what I'd say.  lol  

14 hours ago, grasshopper said:

been cooking beef.

14 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Brought him back with all four paws.

Just another day at the office.  I knew you were on that beef.  lol  

58 minutes ago, Invidiosulus said:

Ol’ Reliable cutting some miters.

Wow, that's exactly like the one I had.  Best cuts on the planet period.  

Suns out here but it's cold.  Right now we're on that bubble w/temps bouncin all around.  I need some heat outside.  Foots just about healed so I can get on some of that yard work.  Took 5 months to heal up but initially I was scared to death.  Thought for sure I was going to lose part of it.  The miracles of modern medicine working in conjunction w/His blessing.  Pretty amazed right now.  

Thinking about the Superbowl tomorrow,.  I know it's gonna be pizza but a "frozen" pizza or a beautiful 5 cheese from the shop?  Here's a heads up for ya and naturally a back story.  😂

Years ago I picked up an assignment from AP to shoot Paul Neuman and his racing team at Mid-Ohio.  He was coming in early so he could get some practice in so I was to hook up with him then. 

He HATES photogs like most stars but we hit it off for some crazy reason.  I took ONE photo of him in his car on the starting grid.  He asked why I didn't take more so I told him they only needed one.  That broke the ice and he invited me back to his bus to eat. 

He was ready to launch his salsa brand and wanted my thoughts.  It was great and I told him that.  He told me his battle plan for bringing a true Italian frozen pizza to the USA.  I said HOW can you do that and compete?  He laffed and said they'd own the frozen pizza market.  

My jaw dropped when he said they were started in Italy and finished on the ship to the US.  Think international waters.  They dock w/a boat full of Italian ingredients and they're technically made in Italy.  Crazy!  That was 20+ years ago. 

He said his foundation will always be there after he was gone so the profit will still go to his charities.  I looked for pizza the other day at Kroger and bam there they were.  $10 each but that beats 25 from a shop.  I've now had 4.  1 marinara, which isn't too bad but the other, a cheese IS the bomb.  He was right.  5 star imo. Give one a shot.  :)

20230203-202133.jpg

20230203-202148.jpg

Jimmy Olsen cub reporter signing out from Duckburg.  Carry on my wayward son.  :)

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Yuuuup, I know EXACTLY what you're talking about.  I had one the same way.  I'm STILL trying to figure out how mine managed to lock my daughter IN her car seat AND her car keys in the car.  Then the second time REALLY had me wondering.   Yup, you guessed it.  She did it a 3rd time.  Seriously?  Talk about signs?   Cops came out and unlocked it w/their lock jock every time.  Didn't call me for a key cause she knew what I'd say.  lol  

Just another day at the office.  I knew you were on that beef.  lol  

Wow, that's exactly like the one I had.  Best cuts on the planet period.  

Suns out here but it's cold.  Right now we're on that bubble w/temps bouncin all around.  I need some heat outside.  Foots just about healed so I can get on some of that yard work.  Took 5 months to heal up but initially I was scared to death.  Thought for sure I was going to lose part of it.  The miracles of modern medicine working in conjunction w/His blessing.  Pretty amazed right now.  

Thinking about the Superbowl tomorrow,.  I know it's gonna be pizza but a "frozen" pizza or a beautiful 5 cheese from the shop?  Here's a heads up for ya and naturally a back story.  😂

Years ago I picked up an assignment from AP to shoot Paul Neuman and his racing team at Mid-Ohio.  He was coming in early so he could get some practice in so I was to hook up with him then. 

He HATES photogs like most stars but we hit it off for some crazy reason.  I took ONE photo of him in his car on the starting grid.  He asked why I didn't take more so I told him they only needed one.  That broke the ice and he invited me back to his bus to eat. 

He was ready to launch his salsa brand and wanted my thoughts.  It was great and I told him that.  He told me his battle plan for bringing a true Italian frozen pizza to the USA.  I said HOW can you do that and compete?  He laffed and said they'd own the frozen pizza market.  

My jaw dropped when he said they were started in Italy and finished on the ship to the US.  Think international waters.  They dock w/a boat full of Italian ingredients and they're technically made in Italy.  Crazy!  That was 20+ years ago. 

He said his foundation will always be there after he was gone so the profit will still go to his charities.  I looked for pizza the other day at Kroger and bam there they were.  $10 each but that beats 25 from a shop.  I've now had 4.  1 marinara, which isn't too bad but the other, a cheese IS the bomb.  He was right.  5 star imo. Give one a shot.  :)

20230203-202133.jpg

20230203-202148.jpg

Jimmy Olsen cub reporter signing out from Duckburg.  Carry on my wayward son.  :)

put the pizza on your tt and cranck up the power knob from your amp 😂

pizzatt.thumb.jpg.a115f6b48d17136b8e4e6972424daee4.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

@Dave1291

We were heading out one morning and stopped at the gas station near our house to grab coffee and some sausage biscuits for the 2 hour drive ahead.

The wife said she would stay in the truck where it’s warm.

I’m standing in line inside and feel someone standing a little too close.

I look back and realize it’s the wife.

”What are you doing here?”

”It’s cold outside so I figured I’d wait in here.”

”But you were in the truck where it was warm.”

”Yes but I got out to put my banana peel in the trash and the door locked when I got out.”

“And my keys are in the ignition because I left the truck running so you would stay warm…”

The police station was next door so she walked over and asked them to pop the locks for us.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Invidiosulus said:

”Yes but I got out to put my banana peel in the trash and the door locked when I got out.”

“And my keys are in the ignition because I left the truck running so you would stay warm…”

Yup, sure we weren't related at some point?  Her sister has been married about 3 times sooo there's that aspect of it.    😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Same here as most on this. Very small, local purchaser and roasting outfit from town. We own a grinder so we're all set. Been using this local outfit for many years, they use excellent quality beans and know what they're doing. We use a Kitchenaid drip machine. It has been great for years too. 2 cups for me, one for the better half. All set! A beautiful, sunny and calm morning in the sticks of Montana.  Have a great Saturday  ~Mike  actually, maybe one cup would be a better fit for me too on snowy days..🙃..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Invidiosulus said:

@Dave1291

We were heading out one morning and stopped at the gas station near our house to grab coffee and some sausage biscuits for the 2 hour drive ahead.

The wife said she would stay in the truck where it’s warm.

I’m standing in line inside and feel someone standing a little too close.

I look back and realize it’s the wife.

”What are you doing here?”

”It’s cold outside so I figured I’d wait in here.”

”But you were in the truck where it was warm.”

The police station was next door so she walked over and asked them to pop the locks for us.

woman.gif.0ff5db0bbf9b88f3b5841aec428edb7f.gif

• Haha 6