Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

3 hours ago, Marvel said:

Hong Kong did have some RC churches when I passed through there before 2010. There are almost 400k Catholics in HK, under the authority of Rome (not the Chinese Patriotic Association). Over 200 Catholic schools, too.

Macau has at least eight churches on the three tiny island, here's pics of a couple.

Impressive, I would have never guessed HK would still allow that much religious liberty. Of course it will get worse as time goes by ...

@Invidiosulus   Church looks great!  I was helping a local contractor when we re-did our church.  He didn't like it much when he found out I was painting the sanctuary and narthex along w/other areas.  He bid 20k for the painting as part of the renovation and I did it for free.  My ex was all over me for not charging the church.  I  told her God gave me the talent and how do I charge the church we attend?  She said well the contractor is a member and he's charging them.  Just another reason she's an ex.  :)  Beautiful job brother!   

• Like 3

I'm feelin for ya @grasshopper.  60 mph winds ur way would make it kinda rough driving,   Is it really like diving into a mosh pit on a Saturday night praying someone will catch you before you hit the floor?

High 40's here today, rain Wednesday then temps are gonna push up into the 50's.  Few more weeks and maybe I can open the french doors to the patio.  Just to let the neighbors know I survived another winter.  I'm already thinking about the sound checks.  :)

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

@Invidiosulus   Church looks great!  I was helping a local contractor when we re-did our church.  He didn't like it much when he found out I was painting the sanctuary and narthex along w/other areas.  He bid 20k for the painting as part of the renovation and I did it for free.  My ex was all over me for not charging the church.  I  told her God gave me the talent and how do I charge the church we attend?  She said well the contractor is a member and he's charging them.  Just another reason she's an ex.  :)  Beautiful job brother!   

Thank you for the kind words.

I spent way to much time overthinking the last couple of pieces but of course everything worked out fine.

Mu biggest worry was that I was trying to cut the 22.5° angles for the prices on the left side, while making sure that they ended up the correct length overall, when I didn’t have access to the base pieces which were already cut and finished.

We we’re reminded several times that we could turn in a reimbursement slip with receipts to get our money back for whatever supplies we used.

If I had been seriously in the hole over any of it I might have but even the “expensive” cherry I picked up to cut the molding from and make the section from scratch was reasonable enough to where I didn’t even think about it.

My older two sons are altar servers and were excited to be the first to use it this Sunday.

Of course, all the kids helped out a bunch with sanding everything(have I ever mentioned how much I hate sanding?) and we’re proud to work on something that would serve our congregation.

now, a more long term project is to figure out how to get some horn loaded speakers in there for the organ.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Invidiosulus said:

now, a more long term project is to figure out how to get some horn loaded speakers in there for the organ.

Rut Roh...  😂

The church paid for the paint and I provided everything else.  We also just added on 6 years ago and put in a more contemporary sanctuary.  We have two services for the older folks and the youngins now have their own hole in the wall.  We also built a children's church for the kids.   Things always seem to work out.  :)

• Like 3

Mornin' all

made spaghetti last night. Fresh ground beef. Yeah... dug out the hand crank meat grinder. Next time, I will have a grinder attachment for the stand mixer. 

the sauce must have been OK. Wife ate 3 portions [her size portions. I smother a plate]... and she doesn't like spaghetti. Not the sauce or the pasta. She likes mine. I am still trying to figure out whether that is good or not.

I get to crank up the music early today. The AirForce has broken the quiet... so, it is OK to turn up the music.

"Amber" has been a busy girl/bot this AM. I got 6 phone calls between 7:30 and 8AM... 4 were from Amber. Calls were coming so fast that they were stacking on the call waiting...

... had one that was selling "home security systems". I waited this one out... to tell them I am 12 miles from Mexico... an hour from the closest constabulary and that we use guns and dogs for security... lots of guns. 

• Like 2

Thinkin about thawing a couple steaks out for tomorrow.  "They're" saying 60.  That spaghetti sounds great though.  Either way I'll have to dig something frozen out of the freezer.  Ugh.  I just want a day off period.  My dance card is just about full.  lol

Ya get bonus points for that Mexican dust off on the telemarketers.  :)  Looks like John has that coffee and bourbon mojo werkin safely.  Maybe.  😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We hit 60 yesterday 60mph wind....

it may have gotten to 45`... maybe. 

things got a little rearranged. Trash cans and lawn chairs...

it's a little warmer today and the wind has let up.

the folks that sat through the rodeo parade were dressed... It was in the mid/high 40's. 

at least, it's not windy 

• Like 2

80 here....did a little sunning.  Got to keep looking good even at 74 y/o.  Just googled fatigue in seniors as lady friend runs circle around me.  Too long in the recliner avoiding Covid I guess with little exercise.  On the positive side I have tried the Carnivore Diet and have lost 8 pounds in 9 days.  6"2....189 pounds.

Having chuck roast tonight with sweet onions.....

• Like 5

Did you say Carnivore  @Tarheel ?

Think I've seen too many werewolf movies/shows in my life. But love cheesy sci-fi!

No potatos left this week but I had some very good cabbage and a red bell. So when I grabbed that deal on a 1.2lb boneless NY Strip this morning I wanted it rare! Not a magazine picture but better than the last few weeks for a meal for me!

PXL-20230223-222633861.jpg

• Like 5

64 here in Duckburg now.  Sun has been shining all day, which is a plus.  Not on any diet but watchin what I shove in the pie hole so maybe.  :)  Cranked out a crock pot of chili yesterday so I'm good for a couple days.

Sittin back watching the news on this train derailment in East Palestine, Oh.  Talk about a "Crazy Train."  The wrongs out weigh the rights is what it looks like to me.  Glad someone else is sorting it out and not me.  Just crazy.  

• Like 3

I'll change the subject

wife's trip to LA got postponed until next month. Bad weather at both end of the trip and both directions... she's hanging out with her sister in Tuscon instead. She's gonna try to do LA when the kids are off for Spring break. They are off for rodeo right now...

....which gets me to the point.

Kid is going to the rodeo. She and her mom stopped here, looking for kid's cowboy hat. I am doing some housework and listening to music. Kid comments that she can feel the music.

I just wanted to hear it over the shop vac...

That's my story and i'm sticking with it.....

closest neighbor is a block away. Only complaint from him is he would like it a little louder.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1