Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Got a question, you're at a Stop sign.

The road bisecting the road you're on is a state highway heading out of town. Don't know the speed limit but vehicles are going 45 to 70+ mph on it all day long.

Do you look both ways before you turn or cross the hwy? Or possibly look the direction of the closest lane then the other then a quick glance towards the closest lane again?

Could have taken pics but when a big 3/4 ton 4 door long bed pickup t-bones another and puts it off the road you understand I'm sure. Almost two years here and I still don't know how these xxxxx have lived this long. At least ten of these wrecks, always the same m o.

All directions closed for three hours. Tow trucks waited an hour or so to get to work. Means only one thing. RIP.

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, billybob said:

whitetail

I've seen those lil baby things you have in Florida.  Head North and we'll show ya some "whitetails."   :)

47 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

I've had no problems seeing both directions leaving here in the past!

Sounds familiar.   Just don't be gettin smoked by anything  tyvm.  :)

Had a lap dance w/my cutter today.  She got married ahhhgain and is starting to pack the weight on.  She's about 64 or so and STILL turns heads.  I just tell whoever picks up the phone at the shop "It's time for a lap dance."  They ALL know it's me and start laffin.  "Hey Joy, Dave needs a lap dance."    I'll ALWAYS have room on my dance card for her and she knows it.  lol    😂

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, billybob said:

If one has ever heard a pack of Coyotes in the woods playing or not, it is definitely a chilling 

event. Down here, they can strip a whitetail posthaste. Crafty and intelligent until, get too close to a wolf kill.

Heard a pack a couple weeks ago.  My wife and I were leaving a business in a small rural town in Minnesota that our business cleans and it was about 7pm.  Could hear them in the distance.  Then some of the dogs in the area joined in.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Got a question, you're at a Stop sign.

The road bisecting the road you're on is a state highway heading out of town. Don't know the speed limit but vehicles are going 45 to 70+ mph on it all day long.

Do you look both ways before you turn or cross the hwy? Or possibly look the direction of the closest lane then the other then a quick glance towards the closest lane again?

Could have taken pics but when a big 3/4 ton 4 door long bed pickup t-bones another and puts it off the road you understand I'm sure. Almost two years here and I still don't know how these xxxxx have lived this long. At least ten of these wrecks, always the same m o.

All directions closed for three hours. Tow trucks waited an hour or so to get to work. Means only one thing. RIP.

I ride (for decades) motorcycles. I've been known to look up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, geezin' said:

I ride (for decades) motorcycles. I've been known to look up.

Must have since you're still around.

When I was young and strong I had a bike that the guys & gals on Main St, Daytona would not heckle me over. 84 V-65 Magna, good machine, fast six speed. So I know about looking up, over, around and all that.

Pine needles on a 90 degree turn at 45 mph on a 640lb bike was enough to wake me up when I was learning. The dunlops were no match for that quarter inch of needles all over that intersection where the Rockefeller's House was. Didn't drop it but I know someone out there saw me win that fight!

• Like 3

slippin' and slidin'

boy got his first lesson in driving on snow yesterday. Spun out his truck... well... a 180`.. 

"I was only driving 30 - 35mph"

on a winding road. The speed limit is 35. I wasn't terribly sympathetic. "You know snow is slippery"...

He didn't get hurt and his truck is OK.. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, grasshopper said:

slippin' and slidin'

boy got his first lesson in driving on snow yesterday. Spun out his truck... well... a 180`.. 

on a winding road. The speed limit is 35. I wasn't terribly sympathetic. "You know snow is slippery"...

Believe we’re gliding down the highway when in fact we’re slip slidin’ away.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, grasshopper said:

slippin' and slidin'

Yea man, all us guys have to learn stuff in a tactile fashion!

Like "that thing that turns red with the pots and pans on top? It's hot, don't touch it."

I learned about that and aloe-vera the same day sometime around kindergarten.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

No donuts here today unless you're into playin in the water.  Started about noon and hasn't slowed down.  40-50mph winds coming along with it at some point.  Think I"ll blow tonight off and stay home.  The guys are playing at a local club and I don't feel like dealing with it.  lol  :) 

• Like 2

We had tornado warnings and shelter in place at work... Very heavy rain and high wind. By 3:30 it was sunny and the roads were dry. Pretty gusty out, but clear. Will be a little cooler over the weekend but very nice.

• Like 4