Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I tell you... we get a ripple in the weather and it turns to a tidal wave when it gets some gulf moisture....

Our weather is getting back to normal. Sunny and warm. 60 today... 70 tomorrow

------------------------------

Donuts???? No fun, unless you are doing them on dirt, in reverse.

------------------------------

these guys were hot for a while

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

Donuts???? No fun, unless you are doing them in reverse.

Gonna have to try that with the grand kids in the car sometime.  :)  We've done them together before so they tell their mom and their mom tells me.  You know what I'm talkin about I'm sure.  lol  Now reverse???  Bwa ha ha   😂

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Marvel said:

We had tornado warnings and shelter in place at work

We didn't get a shelter in place, the one time there was a tornado and I was at work....that was at a window factory. Sheltering in there... everything was extruded aluminum and glass.

I saw the green sky "shining" thru a ventilator... "I'm outa here!"

• Like 2

Oh that yellow pollen!  Went to a huge car gathering "Cars & Coffee" this morning early.  Even the Lamborghini was coated with a fine layer.  My favorite was a older Corvette....maybe a 58-60 with a very neat LS3 engine swap.

Then while on that side of town I surprised LF with an impromptu visit to the tennis court and met the other three ladies.

Came home and turned on the system.  Pulled out an old CD haven't heard in years J.J. Cale and Eric Clapton "Road to Escondido".  Man it sounded great...........

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Came home and turned on the system.  Pulled out an old CD haven't heard in years J.J. Cale and Eric Clapton "Road to Escondido".  Man it sounded great...........

That's soooo on my hit list.  I hope whoever got mine is enjoying it as much as I should be...  :)

• Haha 2

@Tarheel

Had to bail quickly a few minutes ago.

That made me chuckle because without Coaches Smith, Valvano, Krzyzewski... plus the others Coaches Brown, Knight, Tarkanian etc.

It lost it's luster with me after all those coaches & characters :cool: 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

@Tarheel

Had to bail quickly a few minutes ago.

That made me chuckle because without Coaches Smith, Valvano, Krzyzewski... plus the others Coaches Brown, Knight, Tarkanian etc.

It lost it's luster with me after all those coaches & characters :cool: 

Yep....may pop in for a minute but rather see Arnie's tourney.

• Like 3

It was a fiasco, on 8 february 2023 was me only 1 Goldnote M9 Mono Hybrid power Class D amplifier, delivered , so I took over the only one package a few weeks ago. When I asked where the second was, the letter carrier replied only that he does not know.

Thus began the fiasco
After I saw under the tracking still no progress, last entry 08.02.23, I have a DHL investigation order in the ways led,This showed that under the me available shipment number which is linked to my zip code, this shipment does not exist at all.

I then contacted DHL by phone and provided them with all the details of the shipment, i.e. the shipment number, address data and proof of invoice for the contents. They confirmed this conversation protocol by email with the data I had provided. Then I received an email from DHL with the following content .....

The package is gone, DHL is now on the internal search of this package that is no longer stored in Bremen, last entry of 08.02.23, but unknown to anyone was sent. Crap How can this be ? The sender (seller) currently has no knowledge that this package should be sent back to him.

Further, the letter from DHL says that I now have to wait up to 4 weeks for a response, it should then still not be found, so I can make a request for reimbursement of the loss of value with the seller.

For more than 20 days I didn´t heard anything from DHL , I was totally frustrated and thought the package is lost and gone.

On 01.03.2023, the second mono end stage was finally delivered, in operation since that day .  Oh man that have power. 200W/8Ohm , Having a hell blown audiophile fun with both, which I then also did in the last few weeks in my spare time.

I´m so happy now

2070388874_GoldNoteM9.thumb.jpg.985d3828af99d929335c816f3679f2be.jpg

• Like 4

Alrighty... the golf is done... Temps are in the low 70's..

Been killing myself trying to catch up on things that couldn't be done in the weather. Wife is going to try LA again this coming week.

Gonna have a bit of a veggie garden. I have some Branywine tomatoes started. A few other things.... mostly novelty items... Kiwano melons - $6 ea at the grocery and I've seen cukes bigger... lots. These might weigh 1/2 lb.... maybe. Some fancy basil.... and regular, which i use a lot of. If I feel rambunctious, some Kentucky Wonder pole beans

• Like 2

Finally getting over Covid.  Tested positive at home Tuesday February 21st.  Haven't worked the last two weeks.  Had pretty much every common symptom except loss of smell and taste.  First time that I had it.

• Like 3