Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

26 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

Finally getting over Covid.  Tested positive at home Tuesday February 21st.  Haven't worked the last two weeks.  Had pretty much every common symptom except loss of smell and taste.  First time that I had it.

Hope you get better now. I got covid myself in July 2022. Around the year end, I was very sick again, for 2 weeks: the double test was negative for covid, and positive for the 'common flu'! Those germs are still around too, and seem to come with a vengeance! Take care! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, OO1 said:

Covid lasts longer than 2 days ,    it's more like 2-3 weeks  

18 minutes ago, geezin' said:

Not my first rodeo with that particular pathogen. And my first go lasted months. What do you have to say about that Doctor?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MicroMara said:

It was a fiasco, on 8 february 2023 was me only 1 Goldnote M9 Mono Hybrid power Class D amplifier, delivered , so I took over the only one package a few weeks ago. When I asked where the second was, the letter carrier replied only that he does not know.

Thus began the fiasco
After I saw under the tracking still no progress, last entry 08.02.23, I have a DHL investigation order in the ways led,This showed that under the me available shipment number which is linked to my zip code, this shipment does not exist at all.

I then contacted DHL by phone and provided them with all the details of the shipment, i.e. the shipment number, address data and proof of invoice for the contents. They confirmed this conversation protocol by email with the data I had provided. Then I received an email from DHL with the following content .....

The package is gone, DHL is now on the internal search of this package that is no longer stored in Bremen, last entry of 08.02.23, but unknown to anyone was sent. Crap How can this be ? The sender (seller) currently has no knowledge that this package should be sent back to him.

Further, the letter from DHL says that I now have to wait up to 4 weeks for a response, it should then still not be found, so I can make a request for reimbursement of the loss of value with the seller.

For more than 20 days I didn´t heard anything from DHL , I was totally frustrated and thought the package is lost and gone.

On 01.03.2023, the second mono end stage was finally delivered, in operation since that day .  Oh man that have power. 200W/8Ohm , Having a hell blown audiophile fun with both, which I then also did in the last few weeks in my spare time.

I´m so happy now

2070388874_GoldNoteM9.thumb.jpg.985d3828af99d929335c816f3679f2be.jpg

Since those mono amps are almost always sold as a pair, and they're not all that large and heavy (are they very heavy?), you'd wonder why they don't pack two in a single box, so they don't get separated.  That way, you'd get either two channels or no channels, instead of the frustration of having one unit and not much to do with it.

It's great to hear that you had a happy ending.  Years ago, I temporarily hooked up one of my 500 w/channel Yamaha amps to the Heresy IIs, and they sounded great, with improved detail retrieval as well as improved punch.  The better the signal, the better Heresys can sound.  They're worthy of anything you power them with.

• Like 5

60 yesterday and 40 today sounds about right for Ohio temps right now.  I want sun AND heat any time now.  That is all.  Firing up the tubes and gonna step on the gas.  I need an attitude adjustment.  Maybe I'm just feelin horney.  Can ya hear me in the back?   :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

Warm enough for wet, heavy snow.   In addition, the Lake did not freeze over ....sooo..plenty of moisture available.

Wet heavy snow just shreds snow blowers.  I solved the problem when I quit plowing a couple years ago.  Bought a big Cub Cadet 2X blower!  Sure looks pretty sitting out in the garage.  I've used it about 4 times.   😂

Didn't know the Lake didn't freeze but then again, I haven't heard of any morons driving out up by Put-In_Bay to ice fish..  There's always some moron wondering why his new truck fell thru the ice.   :)

• Like 3

Just now, Dave1291 said:

😂always some moron wondering why his new truck fell thru the ice.   :)

Just now, Dave1291 said:

I lived on a small Finger Lake in New York for 22 years

Seen that a couple times

NYS DEC will fine you $12,000 a Day for such

Imaging the expense of the Fines untill it's warm enough to get a Barge with a Crane out there. 🙄🙄🙄

• Haha 1

@the real Duke Spinner      That's crazy wild.  I really don't know what they do around here.  I'm an hour from Sandusky but have a lot of friends who live up there. 

Guy I grew up with retired and became a Charter Captain up there.  He told me he booked an entire week last summer for some Japanese company.  50 different guys/10 per day. They limited out in 3 hours on the lake and when they docked they guys all started leaving.  He asked if they wanted the fish all together or bagged up for each guy.  They looked at him and told him to keep the fish they didn't want them.  It was that way every day for 5 days.  Guess they just wanted to catch them.  :)

Stewart is sounding amazing on this half-speed.  Kinda like fishin.  Good therapy!

Police-Greatest-Hits-Remaster-half-speed

:)

• Like 5

We’ve had some windy weather the past few days.

This afternoon I looked across the street and saw this.

3E3B29EC-FD58-418C-A35B-EB67D3EB34B4.thumb.jpeg.80f6954ba13e457eff7e9eae2d6890e2.jpeg

Something like that.

My neighbor is in his 80’s and is half deaf(mostly deaf?)which means he never hears when we call him or knock on his door so I texted his daughter and she said they would check it out.

This past weekend my other neighbors sister locked her keys in her house.

I was able to grab an extension ladder and find a second story window that was open and break in for her.

This evening someone up the street hit one of the bears we’ve been seeing.

It totaled their car and killed the bear.

Fun times in the neighborhood.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

11 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Wet heavy snow just shreds snow blowers.  I solved the problem when I quit plowing a couple years ago.  Bought a big Cub Cadet 2X blower!  Sure looks pretty sitting out in the garage.  I've used it about 4 times.   😂

Didn't know the Lake didn't freeze but then again, I haven't heard of any morons driving out up by Put-In_Bay to ice fish..  There's always some moron wondering why his new truck fell thru the ice.   :)

In Barrie, a town 80 km/50 miles north of Toronto, ice fishing is very popular.  Once the lake (Lake Simcoe) freezes deeply enough to be safe, the town drags an old car onto the ice not far from the docks.  

Then the ice fishing season begins.  It lasts until the Spring, when the ice thins and softens, and the old car falls through the ice.  That marks the end of ice fishing season.  People can actually be heard asking, "Did the car fall through yet?", since it marks the unofficial start to Spring.

That's how  I remember it from many years ago.  Anyone from Barrie who knows whether that info is out of date is welcome to correct me.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2