Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

2 hours ago, grasshopper said:

I went to the store because I wanted a hot dog

The wimmen at jam night decided they were bringing food in for everyone Saturday night.  One of them was show boating w/somekind of electric hot dog roaster.  Wanted me to watch it cook my two dogs.  She bent the hot dog in the middle and slipped the ends on an electrodes.  She wanted me to watch it work so I stood there looking dumb as she put some see-thru plastic cover over the dogs in the machine.  She hit the power and those things went into a death quiver.  Steamin, shakin starting to cook I think.  They looked dead when she put them on.  30 seconds later they were done.  She was soooo proud of her lil machine. Sometimes it's the little things I guess.  How were they she asked me later.  Oh, just great kinda like eating them right off "Ole Sparky"  at the Ohio Pen.   :)   AND the chips you put in the lil paper tray next to the dog?  Stale AF.  :)   

• Haha 4

Used to get some dogs made from venison. Added about 30% beef for some fat and cheddar cheese. They were about 1/4 lb each and delicious. The old man that made them passed and his kids couldn't keep up the quality so the business died too. I have no venison at this time and it's 9 months 'til hunting season here.   :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

I keep telling a buddy he should buy a food truck and head South in the winters then back to Ohio in the summers.  I think he's running his version of meals on wheels at times and I'm a test moron.  I mean he can throw down some great stuff but some of it sounds a bit sketchy.  lol  Had a special on last nite when he cranked out a 50/50 batch of venison/moo cow chili yesterday for the first time.  Not too bad.  :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, geezin' said:

Used to get some dogs made from venison. Added about 30% beef for some fat and cheddar cheese. They were about 1/4 lb each and delicious. The old man that made them passed and his kids couldn't keep up the quality so the business died too. I have no venison at this time and it's 9 months 'til hunting season here.   :(

Where I reside

It's always Hunting Season 🙄

Either that, or starve food stuff's here have risen 40% a n just a few years basically since Biden took the helm 🙄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We live in Georgia, and it's only about a 20 minute drive to work in Chattanooga. On the way we pass through an area with a fairly large population of Mexicans, Guatemalans, other Latinos. Now, as we pass by a clothing store someone has a food truck set up. He was already open for biz as we passed by at 8:45.

It's interesting to see how nice all their kids are dressed as they walk to school or wait for the bus. Plus, their yards and houses always look kept up, unlike one of the houses we pass that looks like a perpetual yard sal/ flea market while they sit around smoking cigarettes.

• Like 2

On 3/14/2023 at 8:40 PM, Marvel said:

We live in Georgia, and it's only about a 20 minute drive to work in Chattanooga. On the way we pass through an area with a fairly large population of Mexicans, Guatemalans, other Latinos. Now, as we pass by a clothing store someone has a food truck set up. He was already open for biz as we passed by at 8:45.

It's interesting to see how nice all their kids are dressed as they walk to school or wait for the bus. Plus, their yards and houses always look kept up, unlike one of the houses we pass that looks like a perpetual yard sal/ flea market while they sit around smoking cigarettes.

Hey now, I don’t smoke cigarettes!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

Most likely, none of what I had in my freezer. No beef, venison, chicken, fish or shrimp...LOL...

I'm 68 years old... do you think I care? Given the opportunity, I will eat a Twinkie, too

Ha:D ha ha!

Got me by nine the first half of the year but I ate twinkies about two times. Not for me. It's those Swiss Cake Rolls that I've had to replace when roommates looked at me with their eyebrows raised! Yep a box at a time, and for two dollars/8 or 10 what better except a MoonPie and a coke!

Been since the 90s, I've "matured"<_< it's usually dark chocolate when I get a sweet-tooth now. Can't bake so it's not pound cake.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

... I still like Squirt. Not easy to find around here... is it the same elsewhere?

Remember Squirt, it was Wink where I was though.

It was good until the early 2000s, hard to find also. Regional thing. Then "they" improved it with hfcs and yuck! It's a good memory now too. 

Breakfast for me as a 20-30 something? Orange/Cranberry muffin from Dunkin' or BoJangles biscuit with my own coffee.

• Like 2

Squirt is still around here in places.  It'll prolly go by the wayside soon.  Too much competition from the big boys.

Bit of sun today and it might hit 50 if I'm lucky.  Thinking about taking the day off again today.  Being vertical and suckin air is always good.  Just feed the machine.  :)

• Like 2

we're back to cool, overcast and a touch moist... this AM. They say the Sun will come out this afternoon.

I have to make a run to Tucson. A friend needs a ride to the pain clinic and to fetch the wife after her LA trip.

...... and I thought I was going to have a relaxing day. That's down the tubes

• Like 1
  • Haha 1