Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

A lot of great car-makers sold to big conglomerates the last few decades.

I was thrown off right after? Dodge made that freakin' incredible ten cylinder Viper. They went and bought Lamborghini... been near them in real life but it was nothing compared to being next to one of those first Vipers at a light on I Drive in Orlando once after work. If it had been am I would have been able to see my coffee move because my whole truck vibrated with the same cam-lope from that rocket!

Wonder if the Aston Martin has kept it's original heritage. Walked their lot before just out of boredom once. 1/4Mil and up back 25 years ago!

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

A lot of great car-makers sold to big conglomerates the last few decades.

I was thrown off right after? Dodge made that freakin' incredible ten cylinder Viper. They went and bought Lamborghini... been near them in real life but it was nothing compared to being next to one of those first Vipers at a light on I Drive in Orlando once after work. If it had been am I would have been able to see my coffee move because my whole truck vibrated with the same cam-lope from that rocket!

Wonder if the Aston Martin has kept it's original heritage. Walked their lot before just out of boredom once. 1/4Mil and up back 25 years ago!

I Drive used to be one of the spots we’d cruise to go pick up some races on the weekends.

The section of I-4 near there was nice and straight for some late night speed runs.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I liked the section at Monroe Lake near Sanford headed east. There was a drop in elevation and it was always cooler there on the bike!

That Viper was to my left and I could see down into it. Was before they offered conveniences in them like radio and ac. Drowned out my heavy metal blasting so I turned it off and enjoyed the music from that V-10 as he took off kind of quick.

• Like 4

Crashed @ 2AM, laid there and couldn't sleep.  Gave up and put the coffee on at 430.  Sitting here drawing nekkie stick wimmen before I head out to the last appt of the week.  4 out of 5 days shot somehow w/appts.  Then I'm done feeding the machine until someone else decides they need some paperwork or my presence.  Being retired is just as bad as working.  You earn every penny of that Social Security check one way or another.  Keef ain't got nuttin on me!  :)  Ronnie Wood Ron Wood GIF - Ronnie Wood Ron Wood The Rolling Stones GIFs

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

DBAN used to be quick if you set it for that. Then motherboard bios's made it possible in a second or two.

Those are annihilated, no way to re-use them! 

If you set it for one of the multi pass DOD standards like you would need to use with PHI it would still take a while.

and 80GB IDE drives aren’t worth trying to reuse at this point.

• Like 1

Just now, Invidiosulus said:

If you set it for one of the multi pass DOD standards like you would need to use with PHI it would still take a while.

True, but Derek's Boot & Nuke was the standard for me for a while. Still have it on a cd somewhere... ssd changed everything!

• Like 1

If you read up on it Stryker bought after GM had drawn a line in the sand with a deadline when Koenigsegg withdrew after GM and the banks drug their feet on a deal. GM knew Stryker couldn't afford Saab but took the money anyways. GM killed Saab. And then rooked the US government for billions.

• Like 3

Koenigsegg makes fast vehicles, I wouldn't know how my molecules would react!

A 305 MG is freakin' scary, almost more than a 350Vega `65 GTO Tri-Powered 389 4-spd balanced and blueprinted at a Nascar outfit in west Charlotte might be truly fast, but possibly not as exhilarating as those small V-8s mentioned. That V-65 Magna I rode for a while was fast too, but bikes are different.

Check the numbers on Koenigsegg, think they have held the world speed record a couple times!

3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Koenigsegg makes fast vehicles, I wouldn't know how my molecules would react!

A 305 MG is freakin' scary, almost more than a 350Vega `65 GTO Tri-Powered 389 4-spd balanced and blueprinted at a Nascar outfit in west Charlotte might be truly fast, but possibly not as exhilarating as those small V-8s mentioned. That V-65 Magna I rode for a while was fast too, but bikes are different.

Check the numbers on Koenigsegg, think they have held the world speed record a couple times!

Tell me more on the 305 MG please

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

Tell me more on the 305 MG please

Dude I was about 15, friend of a friend on the Southside had an old MG. He put that Chevy small block in it, rebuilt the framework all around it and it was as fast as a big bike! There were some rough trails in some woods nearby, we'd go stump-jumpin' in it through there. On the street it did not hold as many people. But would have taken the V-8 Vega I'm sure!

• Like 3

A guy down in ATL used to have a triumph spitfire with a turbo 2.3 ford block. It was only making about 450hp at the time and none of the drag strips in GA or AL would let him run any more because he didn’t have any kid of roll cage, it was still a convertible.

He used to go out on I75 and run bikes and win all the time.

All that power and it was still under 2000lbs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Invidiosulus said:

My buddy Sam down in Montgomery just ran a 12.9 in his daily driver Volvo 240.

50F7AC7D-9F26-4879-AD1D-C15C3B7DC51D.thumb.jpeg.98fed421f489393372a7906af36f1328.jpeg

His fast car was hitting 8.9 seconds in the 1/4 before he decided to sell it for some money to put back into his shop.

That's Damm respectable for a family car. 🙂

Seems never Autos can flat out bury older ' performance" cat's

• Like 3

57 outside w/some major wind gusts rn.  Man MS took a hit w/the tornado's.  Crazy stuff going on anymore w/the weather. 

Made a trip to Kroger last evening.  Saw Kroger grape tomatoes on sale at .99 for a little basket in the flyer.  Naturally they were sold out but someone put up another kind in the display and had a sign on it for .99 so I grabbed 3 lil tubs full.  Lil more in this plastic bubble than the Kroger brand so I snagged 3.  I hit the checkout, got home and was eyeballing the receipt.  Perfect!  The .99 substitute rang up at $4.99 each.  For $12 I think I'll go in and complain.  Yea, that's the kinda mood I'm in today.  :)  Could get blown away though.  These Duckburg wind gusts are the real deal.  :)

• Like 3