Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

@MeloManiac Good One!

I love my AKG, and Austria isn't very far from you. Had K-140s from the early 1980s until four years ago.

Didn't get studio monitors this time. Got them with the bass bumped up 3 decibels.  It's not bad at all, purist would disagree. The open back, huge drivers have vocal reproduction, clarity and actual depth I've never heard in headphones before. Yea I heard the Sennheiser before, they did not sway me at all.

Mine are old news now.... So What!

https://www.akg.com/Headphones/Professional Headphones/K712PRO.html?cgid=Professional Headphones&dwvar_K712PRO_color=Black-GLOBAL-Current#start=1

• Like 1

Added images (edit)

"A friend in college got A WRX when they first came to the US in 2002.

It was a fun car but the stock tires left a lot to be desired in the handling department."

We purchased a brand new 2004 wrx off the truck and still drive it daily. She looks gorgeous in it still, but my old white hairy arse sitting inside it just doesn't look right in this anymore somehow. 🤔 I look like her gramps. It is black and still in amazing condition. Fantastic for living (most of our lives) in mountains and snow. We purchased when we were still in our 30's.  My four wheel drive pick up not nearly as capable in snow and ice. Young folks constantly walking up asking to sell to them. Anyway, It's been the best/dependable rig we've ever owned. Wife loves this car a LOT.  edit:  I'll take a pic and add it once we get the snow/road grime cleaned up. Very proud of the condition of her car.

edit: Finally cleaned up the car. Now comes the rain and snow again of course. Perfect rig for dodging deer, elk etc etc.   ignore the deer pile in the gravel there.... it's everywhere.  Have a great evening~

_MG_9137t.jpg

_MG_9138t.jpg

_MG_9139t.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

I was about to whine about my back

...... until I remember the time I was proud of not crawling to the bathroom.....  then NOT being able to reach the TP,  right next to me....

Ouch! Had that happen to me twice, last was over ten years ago.

First time an amazing chiropractor helped me. Last time... saved up kidney stone pain Rx.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mikekid said:

Added images (edit)

"A friend in college got A WRX when they first came to the US in 2002.

It was a fun car but the stock tires left a lot to be desired in the handling department."

We purchased a brand new 2004 wrx off the truck and still drive it daily. She looks gorgeous in it still, but my old white hairy arse sitting inside it just doesn't look right in this anymore somehow. 🤔 I look like her gramps. It is black and still in amazing condition. Fantastic for living (most of our lives) in mountains and snow. We purchased when we were still in our 30's.  My four wheel drive pick up not nearly as capable in snow and ice. Young folks constantly walking up asking to sell to them. Anyway, It's been the best/dependable rig we've ever owned. Wife loves this car a LOT.  edit:  I'll take a pic and add it once we get the snow/road grime cleaned up. Very proud of the condition of her car.

edit: Finally cleaned up the car. Now comes the rain and snow again of course. Perfect rig for dodging deer, elk etc etc.   ignore the deer pile in the gravel there.... it's everywhere.  Have a great evening~

_MG_9137t.jpg

_MG_9138t.jpg

_MG_9139t.jpg

How many miles are on the meter?

When I met my wife in 2000 she was 23 en driving a Subaru like this (though not a WRX), with a 2000cc engine and consuming lots of fuel, and she was paying two grands per year for insurance (which is obligatory in Belgium). She had 'inherited' the car from her brother.

Very sexy car indeed, but she couldn't afford it, being a student, so she did it away... 

I guess she should have kept it...

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

'How many miles are on the meter?'

Just under 180000. So far it's needed a clutch and throw-out bearing, a new radiator, new power steering pump, brakes of course.. the rest typical maintenance. The oil has been changed every 3000/4000 miles. Our part of the country is harsh in winters.  My 2000 (also purchased new) Toyota pick-up has been a fantastic vehicle too. It is a 4wd and used for hunting/fishing etc so the undercarriage is a bit hammered but the rest in great shape. Best of all, they've been paid for so many years ago now. 👌

'Love them CDs in the door!'  Right on, yeah we're classic rock types for sure 🤝 Trying to insure our grandkids get a bit of real music when they are visiting us. They love it too! 😁

• Like 3

Thank you John. Yes. I used to do the oil changes etc..but last few years we've used a little family owned oil changer outfit in town. The son and their dad want both of our rigs. I think they mean it. Just cant sell these. We do try to take care of 'stuff' as well as clean when we can. It works.

• Like 2

I hear you!

Yep I try to make things last too. Up until ten years ago I still had a sweater and some other casual shirts I wore in high school 78-81. 

Ahh I'm so old I can say I recall the "good ol days" clothes don't even last like that anymore, because they decimated our manufacturing lgb.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Mikekid said:

We are obviously on the 'same page' John. 👌

THAT scares me!  :)

Rolled out at 1030 or so.  Coffee's on and the Cub Cadet will be on the battery charger right after coffee.  Then a trip for some yard fertilizer and a few laps around the casa.

THEN Imma gonna relax and fire things up.   At least that's the game plan, which is subject to change.  Have to check the weather for tomorrow.  I could use another day off.   😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1