Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

while I was up there, I stopped by the shop I bought the Yammy. Entertaining thoughts of spending a little money. 

didn't see anything that struck my fancy. Prolly a good thing. If I buy anything, I will need to get some complimentary something.

I will not complain about our weather. 80`...5 - 10mph breeze....was telling the wife, if we had 75% r/h, it would be HI. I will revel in it. Not gonna last. There's another [dry, for us] storm coming by with a 15` temp drop. Looks like the middle of the country is going to get pounded again.

• Like 2

Good 60s music breaking out everywhere, check what Dave has posted lately in the youtube thread. Hope you back gets better man. Like you know sometimes it takes a week or so. May the goo get you through!

• Haha 2

EC has extended his tour.  Don't wait if you're interested.  

The pre-sale begins on Wednesday, March 29th at 10am local time and ends on Thursday, March 30th at 10pm local time.
The public on-sale will start on Friday, March 31st at 10am local time.

The presale code is:  slowhand23

slowhand23

SEP
PPG Paints Arena
Pittsburgh, PA
Tickets
SEP
Scotiabank Arena
Toronto, Ontario, Can
Tickets
SEP
Enterprise Center
Saint Louis, MO
Tickets
SEP
Xcel Energy Center
St. Paul, MN
Tickets
SEP
Ball Arena
Denver, CO
Tickets

:)

• Like 2

It's been years since I heard that one @grasshopper !  Great old tune.  Thanks.  :)

Took a walk around the house doing a damage assessment yesterday afternoon and called in the reinforcements.  The oldest daughter and her two kidlets stopped by and we all spent an hour picking up sticks.  Two trash cans full now sitting out front waiting on the G-men to pick em up Friday.  

Paid the kids 5$ each so  they're happy.  My grandson had more money in his lil wallet than I ever had in 6th grade.  He gladly broke the 20 I had so that didn't work.

Scotts now has enough fert/crabgrass preventer in a bag half the size of last years.  Crazy.  Still covers the 5k sq ft they say though.  lol  Normally I put one bag down but this year I bought 2.  No way is ONE bag gonna cover my yard.  We'll see if it does but the spreader settings with this fine grind?  Who knows.

Almost 11AM now and radar is calling for 25 mph winds coming in at noon.  Yes Sir I was gonna jump and get er done but...  ...I then looked at the temp.  Sunny and 38?  It's official I'm taking the day off!    (Insert grasshopper's video theme song here!)  Time for some gas n tunes.    :)

The coffee is ON!   😂   

Maybe I'll file some of those "played vinyl" stacks that are laying around.  Said no man ever!  

• Like 3

39` this AM..... on its way to 80`. Humidity?.... ummm... we're fresh out of that stuff.

while I was at the audio shop, I asked about the pair of LS they had. Gone...$2500. There was a pair of Heresy, last time... Gone, too.

Said there has been increased interest in Klipsch ... particularly Heritage.

sure glad I got my LS when I did.

• Like 4

Ya just might be on to something there  @grasshopper

I think resale prices around here are about the same or close as they have been   Fairly stable.  There has to be a growing interest in the Heritage line.  The home theater has boosted their regular line and now more are wanting the Heritage line.   I mean seriously?  That will hit in time.  

Lotsa wise old curmudgeon's in here aren't there?   😂

• Like 3

Mornin'

Got a surprise yesterday.... from NC

no... not Chuck.... my sister popped in. Unannounced

the house is a wreck. 

Haven't been able to do much for housework. I managed to fry some chicken and make mashed potatoes/gravy for dinner. No idea what is on the agenda today... other than she will come sometime and we will have the kid, maybe.

thinking I'm just gonna cook up some beef and make burritos tonight. Looking for easy and ready for whenever.

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

easy and ready for whenever.

Atta boy!  CYA mode always works!  G-men just stopped and grabbed the two trash cans full of sticks so that's on the list.  Bring the cans in.  Oh, btw thanks for the weather.  I appreciate 3 days of rain and the 50-60mph winds coming in for the weekend.  :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Atta boy!  CYA mode always works!  G-men just stopped and grabbed the two trash cans full of sticks so that's on the list.  Bring the cans in.  Oh, btw thanks for the weather.  I appreciate 3 days of rain and the 50-60mph winds coming in for the weekend.  :)

Same here , strong winds, rainy and typical april weather , sun, rain, wind, snow, hail and so on , but our farmers welcome this wet climate that has lasted for weeks, because it fills the water stocks in the forests and agricultural land

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Probably sleep some more.

THAT sounds like a plan.

We had high winds that naturally lit the TV up w/warnings.  I spent the evening sp;inning and watching the women play in the NCAA.  How in the world did Iowa's Caitlyn Clark score 41 points?  Then factor in her being involved in 71% of the offensive plays for Iowa?  Gonna have to watch Sunday afternoon and see if she can do it again against LSU.

Tonight the men go so my dance card is just about full today.  :)

The wind?  Yea, it's windy.  Power blinked a couple times last nite but stayed on.  I don't even wanna check out the tree limbs and junk that blew down.  Not gonna be good .  Job security for the two grands and another $5 each for pickin em up  :)

• Like 1