Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

On 5/20/2023 at 10:45 AM, Islander said:

For the longest time (decades, actually), I thought that the words "rape, murder" were "Hey, Murdoch!", so I really wondered why "'E's just a shot away"?  If 'e was just a shot away, I wouldn't be yelling out his name.  Rock 'n roll can be so confusing...

This is how a good hi-fi helps eliminate misunderstandings.  One friend of mine wondered for the longest time just who was the "Secret Asian Man", and why were they giving him a number and takin' 'way his name?

War, children...

What an honor it would be to be on the dictator's sanction list.

Audio misunderstandings are one thing, textual are a whole different animal.  Does anyone ever wonder why great long time members rarely post here anymore?  

12 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

War, children...

That, too.

"War, children, it's just a shot away" appears 5 times in the lyrics, while "Rape, murder, it's just a shot away" appears 2 times.  You can see why that line in particular could sound like "Hey, Murdoch, it's just a shot away!" on a car stereo with the window open, or similar substandard sound system.

... and out of the clear blue

Saturday was a nice day for me. I spent a bunch of money on the car. Nothing exciting. Just stuff that wears at 100,000 miles. Shocks, control arm bushings Got to visit with an old friend while they worked on the car.

...yesterday didn't happen the way I had pictured

at 9:30AM we get a knock on the door. 

the folks we get firewood from, had a delivery for us.. The price is right and for that price, a lot of the wood isn't seasoned/ By the time we need it ... We should be pretty well set for the coming winter.

then, because the wife's opened a can of pumpkin by mistake ... I had a pie to make. Done and done. Wife got the first piece. Houston, we have a problem... I had gotten hold of the salt canister, instead of sugar. I was really looking forward to it too. After I gathered myself and made another...several hours later.

• Sad 2

34 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

Houston, we have a problem... I had gotten hold of the salt canister, instead of sugar. I was really looking forward to it too. After I gathered myself and made another...several hours later.

Ah h$ll

I've messed up recipes before too. Lucky you could have a do-over!!

• Like 2

Walked outside and eyeballed the dandelions to see if they were dying after a few rounds Saturday putting down some fertilizer.  Blah.  Sat out back a bit in the sun til I saw my mail mama makin the turn.  Good lookin lil chickie fillin in on by buddies route.

No pies made here.  Salt huh?  How'd that work for ya @grasshopper?    I totaled out a big batch of bean soup once kinda like that.  The grandkids weren't too happy but everyone lived.  :)

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

No pies made here.  Salt huh?  How'd that work for ya @grasshopper

I remember a time, when I was a kid, that our "water softener" got sick and sent salt water though the house.

Salt water coffee and OJ....

I've heard of putting a pinch of salt in coffee, but.... Like the pie filling... A big difference between a teaspoon and 1/2 cup.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yea, I got smart @grasshopperand was gonna just pour some in outta the box.  Pulled the lil spout out and almost dropped the package in the pot.  Made the catch but the entire time it was pouring out. That's my story and I'm stickin to it.  Salt bean soup outta a shaker?  Yup that's the way I'm rollin now.  :)

Always nice sittin back while  they're workin on the ride shootin the crap w/an old friend while the garage is raping your wallet.  😂

Got that border secure on your end?

• Like 2

TBH

I haven't noticed a difference. but... before transporting the wife to/fro, I didn't get off the property much.

there is a [Border Patrol] greyhound type bus that is running from Sasabe. I don't know how new that is.

I'm just enjoying the 50 mile drive through the wildlife refuge. No traffic to speak of. I might encounter 5 cars from the opposite direction, in 25 miles

• Like 1

On 2/6/2014 at 6:33 AM, Tarheel said:

My morning routine has me enjoying a cup or two of non GMO, environmentally friendly, green, expensive, co-op purchased, coffee while reading the latest in the cable debate now on page 19 in one thread and a "hot topic" in two others.

Pursuing Cal's thread that wandered a bit and ended up in a discussion of coffee I would like to pick the brain of the serious coffee drinkers here and get some suggestions, tips, and advice.

Here are the particulars. I usually do not grind my own beans. I drink two cups in the morning....that's it. Expensive to me is more than $10 a pound. I am not particularly loyal to any brand or purveyor. I have a Keurig but routinely use a Mr. Coffee. I guess among serious coffee drinkers, to use an audio comparison, I am in the boom box stage.

So what would be a step up?

The first time I drank Starbucks ~30 years ago I had a coffee epiphany because I just knew this is what coffee is supposed to taste like but I only ever buy it when it's on sale, which is rarely. Starbucks is responsible for every company upping their coffee game, I remember years ago being offered a free McDonald's coffee and thinking it would be shit but being pleasantly surprised by how good it was so thanks Starbucks

Now if I could just figure out what this time-honored thread has to do with cables, cycles and cocktails.....

Edited by carewser
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Invidiosulus said:

I’ve been busy taking care of these idiots.

IMG_0426.jpeg.098d793ee460503a533aee3aba5eaf4b.jpeg

I fired up the soldering iron this weekend…

IMG_0436.jpeg.9b9221166e12c8fa03fe9eee9d049929.jpeg

and I made some pork fajitas.

IMG_0437.jpeg.b42bda8c36698f31f162d5ce0c1f130a.jpeg

IMG_0438.jpeg.951910a945e865ea303bb7f64cd51894.jpeg

The best out of everything , the pet , the gear , the food ! That´s what a man need !!!

• Like 4

We have a sunny wheather period here since a approx. 5 days. It´s about 40F in the morning and 71 arround the afternoon. The air smells of green vegetation, everything is blooming so wonderfully . May is always the most beautiful month of the year

fruehling-smiley-07.gif

• Like 5