Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

On 5/22/2023 at 2:10 PM, oldtimer said:

War, children...

What an honor it would be to be on the dictator's sanction list.

Audio misunderstandings are one thing, textual are a whole different animal.  Does anyone ever wonder why great long time members rarely post here anymore?  

I thought it was all about the modifications thing.  Was I wrong?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Islander said:

Was I wrong?

Maybe or maybe not.  Here's the thing I don't get and never have in the 7-8 years I've been around.  I've read mod threads and respect those who started them.  Those I asked for help gladly helped me and for them I'll be forever grateful.

PWK designed everything and it's proven to be the best thing since sliced bread for me and millions of others. 

Others talking mods to this and that to make it better,  Why?  Sure some of the things discussed may work and truly be better but IF they were better why didn't PWK do that in his initial design? 

Change can be good but you're slapping the man who built the business 75 years ago dead square in the face imo.  I'm no electrical engineer but I'll forever appreciate what PWK did for me.  Toss JBL and the rest into a bag and PWK has comes to the top, once again imo.  EVERYthing is subjective today and always will be but the cream rises to the top as far as I'm concerned.

Are my old 81RB LS modded?  I guess they are since I had Dean build my networks and I got a pair of Crites tweets.  Why?  Because "they" said new parts weren't available when I put this system together.  Today, I would have gone w/all Klipsch parts just to keep my gear clean.  I never heard PWK's networks but Dean's boards floored me and I'm glad he's on board now.

Just my .02 worth and haters will always hate so have at it if you want.  I'll still share the love.    :)

• Like 2

How's that mugga werkin for ya this morning @MicroMara?  We're gonna have to stop meeting like this.  Me on the way out and you clockin in.  You got the ball again I'm crashin.  Try to incorporate a break into work today.  Be a "Pacesetter!"  NO PRISONERS!

New Media Summit Nms GIF - New Media Summit Nms Steve Olsher GIFs

😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

How's that mugga werkin for ya this morning @MicroMara?  We're gonna have to stop meeting like this.  Me on the way out and you clockin in.  You got the ball again I'm crashin.  Try to incorporate a break into work today.  Be a "Pacesetter!"  NO PRISONERS!

New Media Summit Nms GIF - New Media Summit Nms Steve Olsher GIFs

😂

Well Dave I have long working days..my job starts at 7 am  till 5 pm and my boss doesn´t allow anykind of breaks

anigifdrehkreuz.gif.53229b59d4aae75c72cd19439ffe267b.gif

I would be glad beeing a prisoner , that would make my life much easier

sly.jpg.111d55f6021ab9ddc191dc5da63e12f0.jpg

• Haha 4

I was in a position of being good at your job meant you had time to sit in the shop. The better we made the machines run, the more slack rime we had.

Sooooo, the boss was always angry at us. Why aren't you doing something?

The machines are running fine. What would you like us to do?

... and then it was our fault if a machine crashed....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

I was in a position of being good at your job meant you had time to sit in the shop. The better we made the machines run, the more slack rime we had.

Sooooo, the boss was always angry at us. Why aren't you doing something?

The machines are running fine. What would you like us to do?

... and then it was our fault if a machine crashed....

That's the life of labor, and the attitude of management.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

@grasshopper  Weather?  Seriously?  91 for a high here today but supposed to cool off next week.  lol  Low to mid 80's.  No real rain here in the past couple weeks and none forecast for next week.  Peachy!

You could be on to something out there.  Should we all begin the migration yet or suck it all up where we are? 

Could be wild though if we all hit your place.  One massive sync play of Inna Godda Da Vida at 2AM in the hood. Change the town name to Klipschburg.  😂

See what happens when the first pot of coffee is gone by 1030???   😂

• Haha 3

Alrighty Dave, maybe the clouds here can head your way for a while. 

They did go somewhere, it's Carolina Blue with white puffy clouds up there today, only 80 here now.

My coffee is still hot but not steaming like it was at 9 when I poured the last before leaving.

Had an old favorite just now, good roast beef, plain mustard on some of that good Publix Italian bread... it's gone up to $4.50.:angry: Don't matter it's the closest thing to real bread that I can buy.

Time to look up how to make it in my dutch oven! Not like I don't have the time for it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Alrighty Dave, maybe the clouds here can head your way for a while. 

They did go somewhere, it's Carolina Blue with white puffy clouds up there today, only 80 here now.

My coffee is still hot but not steaming like it was at 9 when I poured the last before leaving.

Had an old favorite just now, good roast beef, plain mustard on some of that good Publix Italian bread... it's gone up to $4.50.:angry: Don't matter it's the closest thing to real bread that I can buy.

Time to look up how to make it in my dutch oven! Not like I don't have the time for it.

https://markbittman.com/recipes-1/no-knead-bread 

I've been using this recipe for years. works and tastes great.

I substitute 50% Whole wheat flour or even better 25% Whole wheat and 25% dark rye flour.

And parchment paper is your friend. Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I haven't even had parchment paper in years! If I start baking I might get fat! Thank you @NADman going to give that a try soon.

If I can end up making whole wheat like you could buy in the 80s (without all the birdseed in it) or maybe reproduce Roman Meal bread I'll let you know. But until I have some dirt to grow tomatos in again I won't need the plain white bread! I'll see if the store up the road has that yeast in a little while... but got buttermilk this am so there will be a couple pans of corrnbread again soon.

• Like 2