Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I had a busy day, too..

Took my wives [my wife and her secretary -wife #2]  to Green Valley

Dr appt and the other to renew her DL.

Went to a Mexican eatery while waiting for the Dr to finish with my wife. They had chips and salsa.... Hot and Mild. The mild certainly was. I've had pizza sauce with more zip.. The Hot was... um... pretty pale. The waitress asked how things were. I asked her for the salsa they eat. not this gringo stuff....  She says, "Oh... You want the Mexican salsa"

... and came back with the good stuff. A green salsa. No tomato. Chiles, tomatillos and a few other things. It was quite good. The food was, too.

the hoverflies are out. They're kinda fun to swat. Like t-ball... Catch 'em with a full swing and hearing it bounce off the wall is rather satisfying. Home Run...

yes... I am easily entertained

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Sure sounds like a nice day. Talked to a sales mgr about a good little suv. Got to think on it overnight, he didn't quite come to where I wanted, but did make a couple good concessions towards it!

Good to sleep on it John. Make the deal you can live with, with no surprise at the end.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@grasshopper Kinda wondered if you had a guru thing goin' on over there:wink: You fit those LS into that small vehicle, got the kimono thing, now #1 and #2 :smile:.

Never had that salsa trick done to me, green stuff like that Herdez Guac Salsa can be real hot! Around here the med red always has habs in it and we don't get along unless it's a small amount! The hot is the real deal with these cooks!

Hmmm, hearing George Harrison in the back of my head.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Played the musical moving cars and boats once again with brother. Finally thinking it may work for abit yet, one never knows. Good thing, may start to mellow more. At 78 about time. Finding out, maybe I should mellow more.

Oh, I'm the youngest, lol...

Rehydrating, atm...

• Like 3

Bout darn time you surface in here @Tarheel!  How's the mama bear's tennis game and that youngin you got runnin around the house?  Also gonna need a hot tub and bubble update pretty darn soon.  Another addition goin on yet?  Get the shed rebuilt?  Missin your ugly mug brother!  Oh yea, gonna need a gear update soon too.  :)

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

I don't have any idea where you find this schiit @MicroMara but I love that SUV/TANK. It could be modded into a big halftrack too!

and imagine ..you can install a first class Klipsch 11.3  audio car system with appro. 2K Watt Power 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It's Thursday morning here, today is a holiday, so I'm off and don't have to go to work. Nevertheless, I get up as usual at 5.15 am because I'm just awake then. Yesterday evening I had the apartment viewing and what can I say ... On the pictures of the tender it already looked great, but in reality it's all much much nicer. There were many applicants in the last 3 days but I was the last of all. I have offered the owner to sign the contract this week and to transfer him the 3 deposits already next week. Thus, he has the security that I stand by my contract and from the sep. 1rst this dream home in beautiful quiet surroundings for me can use.  He will call me Friday morning, so in about 27 hours and tell me his decision. I am sure to have left a serious impression, besides, I think that no other applicant has made him the offer to the early transfer of the deposits, which has probably impressed him as well. I very much hope for his commitment.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

@MicroMara ole buddy...  Ever consider moving to the US?  I've got an extra bedroom and plenty of room for your rig.  Just send me the 3 deposits and I'll send you the contract to sign and a key to the front door.     :)

Your electricity network runs only on 110 volts and not on 230 volts, I would have to convert my whole gear to 110 volts , that will be too expensive 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, grasshopper said:

I do prefer temps in F. 

I can understand , there is a difference in between:  75 F = 23, 889 Degree celsius ,  23,889 degree celsius = 75, 0002 F , so it´s much hotter for you 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Dave, I've got to tell you doughnuts are a once in a decade thing for me the last few decades. Now bagels? Yep, but that gigantic machine would not fit in the lot of the Einstein Bagel Shop back home!

Good Luck with that George, you have maneuvered well with your prospective new landlord.

Yet to pull the trigger on that Acura, it's a lot of $ even being five years old. While we're at the coffee table, with the flailing economy it looks like I'd have to take a mortgage:mad: anyhow to even get a small place. With what's left I could do a 600 sq ft'r cabin in a 55+ community that is very clean, but too quiet for Klipsch. Have to regroup. What a difference in two years now!

Called SS at two minutes after 8am, it's 9:30 and I'm done. Heck I was on hold yesterday afternoon for longer than that before I hang up!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Spent the last two evenings trimming my burning bushes instead of the one hour it used to take.  I'd yank 'em and replace but they're so old I'd prolly pull our half the foundation of the h I'm sure getting my monies worth outta that big Sthil gas bar trimmer I bought.  That things a monster and still fires on just a few pulls.  Today?  I'm OFF!  I hurt EVERYwhere.  😂  Next up?  The OTHER end of the house.  SSDD.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2