Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

@grasshopper Yea, different alright...  lol

Ohio has a Cardinal as the state bird.  Couple years ago we had one in the hood that would fly next to the picture windows, see it's image and start pecking the window.  I thought the neighbors were nuts talking about it till it happened here a few times.  Sounded like a friend tapping their key on the front window when I had the system up.  THAT I'll hear but a knock I won't here when I'm spinnin something.  After about 6-8 times I finally figured it out.  Talk about a pita?  Up and back down on the couch every time.  lol  I feel your pain brother!  lolol

• Like 2

Lake Erie traffic is a nightmare here every weekend til fall.  Thought I'd slip out to McD's and grab some biscuits n gravy. Two lanes completely around the place waiting at the drive thru.  So you go inside and order right?  The wait time is just as long as the line outside.  Everyone is working on the drive-thru orders and you're left standing at the counter looking stupid forever.  I just drove right on around the place this morning laffin and settled for a bowl of cereal.  lol  Duckburg!   :) 

Not one number on the lottery ticket sooo it's Powerball tonight.  Another $3 spent on tp.  :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dave1291 said:

Lake Erie traffic is a nightmare here every weekend til fall.  Thought I'd slip out to McD's and grab some biscuits n gravy. Two lanes completely around the place waiting at the drive thru.  So you go inside and order right?  The wait time is just as long as the line outside.  Everyone is working on the drive-thru orders and you're left standing at the counter looking stupid forever.  I just drove right on around the place this morning laffin and settled for a bowl of cereal.  lol  Duckburg!   :)

Same here with McD´s or Burger King , in addition, you can only order in the store on touch screens and pay by card. There are only cooks and people who give out the orders, the good old service with ordering at the counter is also history here. Profit maximization at the expense of people as conventional employees

• Like 3

@MicroMara Cars today are point A to point B for me and many others are jumping on board.  McD's?  You're exactly right on that one too.  Crazy, cashless society is what we've become.  That's sad in itself.  Duckburg?  yuuuup!  I'll put the key under the front door mat just come on in when you get here.  I won't shoot ya but just tell me who ya are before ya step in the door.  Welcome to 'Merica.  😂

• Like 3

3 hours ago, billybob said:

Dang John, 27k...that is alot of loot to spend on a used? SUV.

Yes it is and they were around $10k less two years ago, just like brick and log cabin homes were 50% less then. Now mobile homes sell for $150 + all the time lgb.

Looked at Honda's mostly then Ford, Toyotas and Scooby-Doos have that cvt... no way Jose. Even some Infinitys, VWs, Volvos and Mercedes are priced low. But ownership costs are too high for me.

All have prices just as bad recently in this region.

I wasn't scouring for this brand or model, had been stuck on hyundai's until I searched for hyundai problems. And it's a BIG one! So I put them aside months ago. They are all half motored cars so I did consider them.

I loved that `16 Accord and the `15 before it, this thing is even under 2 tons dry weight. so with the same but newer version motor, it will get better mileage. But it won't resemble a Vette when driven. Well anything over 20 is great to this guy that my first car got 7mpg in town:blush2:

So the last two weeks hunting showed me which was cheaper around 40 to 60k miles and then how I could get one warrantied by the manufacturer. I'll change my own oil, flush the tranny and simple stuff on my old V-8s, even brakes on the ones from way back. But I'm not an ASE mechanic. Then the fact that there is no one to carry me vehicle shopping or even to do the paperwork, these guys will come and get me from over 100 miles away.

H*ll I've even spent two hours today trying to find a cab so I'm sure to get to the bank early Mon. Recent history show me not to trust what my relative says.

Don't say uber, they're bullya, tried and they sent me an invalid code, cleared the cache, started over then copy/pasted the new code from the text and it was invalid too! One cab company in this podunk town answered the phone and he will get a good tip Monday morning!

Not sobbin' but when you look at the hurdles I've got to clear to get out of here, it's worth it.

This is long, but it would have come out of me fast if we were drinking the last of our coffee together like I am now!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dave1291 said:

@MicroMara Cars today are point A to point B for me and many others are jumping on board.  McD's?  You're exactly right on that one too.  Crazy, cashless society is what we've become.  That's sad in itself.  Duckburg?  yuuuup!  I'll put the key under the front door mat just come on in when you get here.  I won't shoot ya but just tell me who ya are before ya step in the door.  Welcome to 'Merica.  😂

Now I know where you live and I might come and harass you Mr DJ next time there is a crossroads festival!

You'll be within striking distance... so will @billybob and others if it happens!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

There isn't anyone on this Forum that isn't welcome here.  Bring the wife and kids to Cedar Point on the lake, suck up an hour drive up and back and save 200$ a nite in hotel fees.  Mid-Ohio for racing?  30 minute drive and I'll hook ya up.  Bring your A game and be ready to GO!  If George is welkie you're all welkie!  The way I roll.  :)

Hey @Chief bonehead  look what I had for an afternoon snack yesterday!  They're slammin 'em on Lake Erie right now.  Mah, Charter buddy limits out w/a boat full of ppl in 2 hours on the lake.  What you doin down there?  Get here!  We ain't gonna talk Klipsch ANY thing!  Lake Erie perch & walleye!  We b fishin brother!

20230609-161458.jpg

Of course I have another pound in the fridge ready for the air fryer shortly!  😂

Nope, NOT sharin.  Mine, mine, mine!  :)

*There I fixed the pic kinda maybe.  Well hopefully cause if the bonehead didn't see it I'd be dead meat.  lolol

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Guess the tartar sauce and dill pickles are with the slaw and other sides!

I'd NEVER in a million years use tarter sauce or anything other that a lil butter on those fish.  Sides?  You eat a pound of fish w/sides?  MAYBE some fries but you can do as you like.  Zero tartar sauce. I almost need burped when I'm done w/a pound.  :)

@MicroMara  remember this young soldier.  NEVER bite the hand that feeds you!  😂  😂  You could be the one keeping the worms warm.  Old fishing joke here.   :)   😂

• Haha 1

HA! I knew that looked like enough for me for two meals now-a-days!

But where I grew up there was always slaw, hush puppies, pickle spear & a roll at the fish camps on the plate with every order!

Butter? I won't laugh, a friend of mine put butter & s&p on her french fries that tripped me out. She said duh.. potatos and butter John.

I'd use fresh lemon on it if it was real good, boxed up or what they call flounder and perch (not yours from the big lake) I'll use Dukes, chopped pickles and onion with a couple drops of lemon juice = tarter sauce after it sets a while.

* Hey @Dave1291 your pic disappeared!

• Like 1

A disappearing photo is nothing.  I just saw my posts from Thursday and half of Friday.  No wonder I was wondering about George.  Sheesh.  

Gonna throw down the dashcam footage of the moron running 132 in hia Ferrari and the perch pic again.  There is voice on the video just ride it out.  lol  Our District and it happened about 25 miles away.  Pretty sure I know the Trooper who nailed him from the voice.  What a moron.  lol

https://www.wtol.com/article/news/local/why-in-the-world-would-you-want-to-do-that-speed-out-here-trooper-asks-speeder-clocked-going-132-mph-in-northwest-ohio/512-07913b43-be5e-4ed3-a4f4-8a62aab69ebd

Maybe the gremlins did it.  Lemme know if it doesn't come up.  I'm clueless.  

20230609-161458.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh Wow, Did the trooper say "You're gonna lose the car" Owwww!

I can see the fish again now, wondered if any others that view this could know how hungry it made me. I'd only had coffee up until that point. Walked to the Hardees 1/4 mile away and again the parking lot is empty. It's that way all the time, at noon, at 5-7pm at 10pm. In other words I walked a mile further to a Burger King and got 2 for 5 on bacon/cheese whopper jrs. They shouldn't have Whopper in the name!!

Moral is: if there aren't any cats around the dumpsters of any places near the Chinese Restaurant, don't go there.

If there aren't any vehicles at the Chinese Restaurant at lunch hour, don't go there.

Those rules go with any place to eat, that's how I first heard them!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ok @JohnJ I'll confess.  Decided to toss the fish in my new handy dandy air fryer.  Yup, I cleaned the basket, rack and grease tray well when I was done.  Guess I didn't hit the door so I tossed the perch in the basket and set the timer for 5 minutes.  Came out perfectly but w/just a hint of bacon.  Sucks to be me but it went down anyway.  :)  

I'd starve to death before I walked a mile to a Burger King.  :)

• Haha 2