Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Morning folks, yes time for coffee. Not to much relaxing this morning as I have to go help my aunt move. But not much planned after that, I may be pickling some cucumbers tomorrow. So I need to get some stuff together for that.

We passed on the cucumbers this year for some reason and planted more peppers.

I like to pickle stuff, zesty pickles with a little heat are my favorites.

I added some cayenne peppers last year most people couldn't eat them but I thought they were good.
  • Like 2

My brother grinds and brews Kona every morning. It's the best black coffee I've ever had. I'm not quite sure what he pays for it but I'm sure it's not cheap as he gets it shipped directly from Hawaii.

The best pre-ground black I've had lately is actually Starbucks "Blond" roast. It's actually one bean that they don't char to a crisp. It's really very good. Strangely enough, they quit carrying it in store. You have to go to Wal Mart or Target to get it.

I love kona. I have an uncle that lives in hawaii, so birthday and xmas gifts always consist of chocolate covered macadamia nuts and kona coffee. no complaints.

+1 on the Kona Carl and Thad, the chocolate covered macadamia nuts and kona coffee sounds like a scrumptious pairing!

Somebody wake up dtel.....want to hear more about those New Orleans coffees!

Be careful about waking up dtel from his nap.... he might come up swinging. Or think your Christy....

Edited by blsamuel

Well its getting interesting. A lady I met on Match.com a few years back (a real beauty) wants to drive from Newport to see me. This morning the next to last girlfriend sends an email that she will be in town Friday morning and would I like to take a walk or something. Another friend is checking on the where abouts of someone I was attracted to a year ago to but didn't act on since I was seeing someone.

Hell.......all three may fall through so I should not get to excited.

Lunch with a platonic female friend and concert tonight.

Now to finish this cup and walk Jake. He knows the word "walk" for sure.

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

Or all 3 show up on the same day...

• Like 1

Damned John Deere push mower won't start.....well it starts and runs till the gas in the primer is spent then cuts off. No kids around that like to work for money....parents just fork it over! Repair shop hasn't called back.

Spent some of yesterday with the GF before last. Last night to a music venue to hear Stray Locals.

• Like 3

• Moderators
Be careful about waking up dtel from his nap.... he might come up swinging. Or think your Christy....

The first won't happen but the second is possible, on a good day.

I don't really know about New Orleans coffees, because it's all I drink so I can't really compare ? It's hard to compare if you don't know any others. :ph34r:

• Like 1

• Moderators
Spent some of yesterday with the GF before last. Last night to a music venue to hear Stray Locals

The stray locals, one of my favorite bands, there cheap to see and always a good time. Although we have to drive an hour to see them, our real "locals" are always Bluegrass so we drive to hear other music.

• Like 1

Damned John Deere push mower won't start.....well it starts and runs till the gas in the primer is spent then cuts off. No kids around that like to work for money....parents just fork it over! Repair shop hasn't called back.

May be just a stuck float, give the carb a few taps with a hammer.

• Like 3

Thanks Jason. After several attempts and letting it sit for awhile it finally started and stayed on. I did tap it in several different places. Repair shop called and reported they are 3 weeks behind on repairs. So the yard is done as is lunch. Went to Food Lion and bought a bunch of Chuck Eyes. Real tasty and cheap. Jake likes them as well.....imagine that.

Another music venue in store for tonight after a steak on the grill. Maybe a shot of Grey Goose courtesy of minermark!

Such is life in the slow lane :)

• Like 3

Well its getting interesting. A lady I met on Match.com a few years back (a real beauty) wants to drive from Newport to see me. This morning the next to last girlfriend sends an email that she will be in town Friday morning and would I like to take a walk or something. Another friend is checking on the where abouts of someone I was attracted to a year ago to but didn't act on since I was seeing someone.

Hell.......all three may fall through so I should not get to excited.

Lunch with a platonic female friend and concert tonight.

Now to finish this cup and walk Jake. He knows the word "walk" for sure.

Or all 3 show up on the same day...

I think I had a dream like that recently.

• Like 1

Had a 50/50 mix of kona and 8'Oclock this morning. Started the day off on the right foot. All was well till I noticed the pool pump wasn't running. Burned up electric motor POS $%&@!!*#

I hate to hear that. Nothing like an unexpected expense....

• Like 1

• Moderators
We passed on the cucumbers this year for some reason and planted more peppers. I like to pickle stuff, zesty pickles with a little heat are my favorites

Banana peppers are good to pickle, they have a mild bell pepper kind of taste which just takes on whatever flavor you add. Pickled about 25 quarts a couple years ago and still have about 10 left.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Had a 50/50 mix of kona and 8'Oclock this morning. Started the day off on the right foot. All was well till I noticed the pool pump wasn't running. Burned up electric motor POS $%&@!!*#

I hate to hear that. Nothing like an unexpected expense....

Your right, it just feels like a waste of money, working one day requiring money the next. :emotion-45:

The pump motor was about twice the price I paid 5 years ago. To add insult to injury, the motor is screaming. I'll need to take it all apart again tomorrow to exchange it for another.

I know this is of No help at the moment, however i have been buying ALL pool related equip on the Bay for years. cannot beat the prices. and most i use ship for free.

Ebay search bar: punch in your motor number, just that simple.

Edited by minermark
  • Like 1