Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Mornin Gang

Agenda

1. Mow lawn, let lawn die.

2. Shop for active crossover(s)

3. Plan trip to Oregon coast, "No Speaker Buying" suprise trip to her favorite place for three or four days with zero, nada, nothing planned.

This will be the first time iv EVER been in that state and not bought Klipsch, we are talking four past trips there.

We will be taking her Toyota, cheap and the fact Khorns/Belles will not fit in it.

Crabbing and Beer sound pretty dam good.

• Like 6

Found an old pair of Monster Speaker Cables in my wire box last week, so I put them to work on my Wides...

Bought them when the Klipsch dealer was pushing them...

Carefull, they could reduce your speakers to Bose quality. :o

I've seen Monster wire INside many Klipsch speakers. I think that they used it back in the "don't ask don't tell" days.

• Like 2

Found an old pair of Monster Speaker Cables in my wire box last week, so I put them to work on my Wides...

Bought them when the Klipsch dealer was pushing them...

Carefull, they could reduce your speakers to Bose quality. :o

I've seen Monster wire INside many Klipsch speakers. I think that they used it back in the "don't ask don't tell" days.

The crossovers i just sold Claude have the original Monster wire still on them, and as with all Monster wire sooner or later, they turn green inside eating in a self destruct mode due to the Clorine off gassing within the chit plastic covering.

This should be the last Monster on site, as i have eliminated all of it over the years.

These crossovers/monster wire came out of the wifes Khorns when upgrading to Crtites and rewiring.

Edited by minermark
  • Like 1

NONE of mine turned green; a few of the pin connectors came off over the years, wire bright & shiny, so I replaced them with Banana plugs & went on with life. Some of the jackets are dis-coloured.

I'm using 3 sets of their speaker cables, 1 center channel cable (modern & inexpensive) & 8 RCA cables.

They aren't much better, if any it's the connectors, than Monoprice, but they are paid for; have 2 RCA cables left for my Nakamichi BX-300 Tape deck (should I decide to ever hook it up again).

Edited by Sancho Panza
  • Like 1

I usually just stick the seeds in the pot and water with the rest of the plants.

That's probably the best way. The nice thing about the peat pellets is that you can start them in the house when it's too cold outside to do it there. I just got used to doing it that way.

I used peat pellets to start some seeds I had back in high school, then my mom caught on and threw them out. :wacko:

Bad Duder, bad :angry:

Girl Friend in High School showed her parents some seeds. They swore up and down that she had Flax seeds and let her set up a light and grow them seeds just to prove to her that she was wrong. Seems like we broke up before they matured.

Edited by Taz
  • Like 2

They swore up and down that she had Flax seeds and let her set up a light and grow them seeds just to prove to her that she was wrong.

What a waste of time. All they needed to do was put a match to one and see if it popped :ph34r:

Somehow I doubt that she felt it was a waste of time. :lol: